not sure where to put this

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
I'm going away for awhile. Too many attacks on my religion. It's making me sad. I've actually started crying daily while reading these stupid posts and that tells me I'm taking it too seriously. Still when someone says they want to lock Christians up inside their churches and burn them, it scares me, and it saddens me. Worse, not one person told him he was wrong, NOT ONE!!!! And they claim there is no movement against Christianity in this country.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I hope some of you actually THINK about what you have been saying.

Good luck

Sheila

Wow, I totally missed the post about burning Christians alive. I'd like their churches to pay taxes, but that's just flat wrong.

Ah, mental health vacations are always good. If you're crying IRL about this forum, you need a break.

noooooooooooooooo i dont venture into the religious threads that much...i am so sorry someone said that to you. i know how it feels...many times that is directed at me...the burning of a heretic and all...i just let it roll off my back cause i am aware most witches were murdered by being pressed to death etc.
but lets go back to you shelia...you enjoy chatting on here...it gives you a chance to talk to adults ...well mostly...look dont let anyone back you down ....for what you are or for what you believe in...you have to stand...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IJw9jid5Yk]YouTube - I won't back down - Johnny Cash (lyrics)[/ame]

I dont belive in God but would fight to the death for others rights to do so.

I'm going away for awhile. Too many attacks on my religion. It's making me sad. I've actually started crying daily while reading these stupid posts and that tells me I'm taking it too seriously. Still when someone says they want to lock Christians up inside their churches and burn them, it scares me, and it saddens me. Worse, not one person told him he was wrong, NOT ONE!!!! And they claim there is no movement against Christianity in this country.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I hope some of you actually THINK about what you have been saying.

Good luck

Sheila

Who said this? Which thread?

I personally never discuss religion on message boards, it always ends up badly.

But I'd like to see who wants to kill people for having faith, because whomever it is just told us they are a monster.

o hell no ...this is about huggy...you let huggy hurt your feelings...o buck up ...use that spine...you are only delighting and giving huggy power....

fuck huggy

Who doesn't like a GOOD BBQ?!?!?!

Just Kidding!

Time away from the forum can be quite cathartic. Enjoy your vacation and hope to see you back.

Good luck

Sheila
Whoever said that is an asshole. If I'd have seen it I would have commented.

AgainSheila, I'm glad you are not going away permanently. Have a good vacation and don't let a troll like Huggy get to you. Just think of the provenance when reading some of these posts. I could only imagine what kind of home he must have come from to be able to display that kind of callousness. Shame on him for making a woman cry. If he was any man at all he would apologize for making such a disgusting, vile comment. If I had known about his remark, he would have heard my mouth. I'm certain he doesn't speak for most of the atheists on this board.

Last edited:

Good luck

Sheila

Here's the thing, one or two people are not a "movement" nor do they represent the entirety of a group. It's hard to remember that when dealing with a close personal topic, very hard. I know of the ones you are speaking and with the specific mentions, they make us non-christians look bad yes, but christians have a few who do the same for them. You ask the rest of us to extend the courtesy of not judging you by those few, we ask the same thing. The fact is though, it shows how we feel when the few christians call for the same thing of other groups (denying that this happens does not make it go away), and some of us have told them they are making us look bad, but you ignored those as well.

As for being against christianity, you are again lumping it all into one group. Most of us are not against it, we are against the policies that oppress other religion pushed by a few, there is a huge difference. Because we know, if your religion is ever banned then what would stop them from banning all religion, which would really be counterproductive.

Now, for your personal feelings, they are valid, however you can learn from them and use them to see other perspectives if you choose. Believe me, you get a better grasp of people that way. I would hope that if you do take a break that you return here again soon, because you could help others see another perspective as well.

Enough philosophy from me. Just ... try to ignore it, like many others do (thus why you don't see many people berating them).

New Topics

Forum List

Back