"It ain't [America] no more, OK?"

This is why you NEVER want the police to be the only armed citizens.

yeah...cause pulling a gun on a cop will get you sooooo far.

:cuckoo:

Trolling again I see, can not even respond to the OP but attack some poster in the replies. So Jillian, prove you are not just trolling and tell us how right or wrong this cop was.

My personal opinion is that as a black man he found the poster offensive and abused his position to have it removed. I personally think the video should be copied and delivered to his police department by a lawyer demanding a review,, investigation and action against police using their authority to violate people's rights.

Someone need to look into the local statutes and if they don't specifically ban pictures on posters from being held on public property, this cop needs to lose his job.

He was on school property....

So what? He was and is allowed to have that sign anywhere he goes. Or did you miss the lame excuse that because it had a picture it somehow was forbidden while signs without pictures of a political nature were allowed. Further it was a public event.

This is why you NEVER want the police to be the only armed citizens.

yeah...cause pulling a gun on a cop will get you sooooo far.

:cuckoo:

No, dipshit, because you don't want the only ppl with weapons in this country to be the police.

That would be what's called in educated circles "a police state". I know it's something you hold dear, but just sayin.

He was on school property....

So what? He was and is allowed to have that sign anywhere he goes. Or did you miss the lame excuse that because it had a picture it somehow was forbidden while signs without pictures of a political nature were allowed. Further it was a public event.

Oh, I agree in principle that he should be allowed to have the sign up. I just found it interesting that there was obviously something else going on because the video ended before the white haired guy was trying to explain it.

At the end of the day, all I can say is "Cindy Sheehan + T-shirt...."

No, it happens all the time. JB & I are on the same page regarding abortion, for pete's sakes, and he's a complete freak otherwise.

Someone need to look into the local statutes and if they don't specifically ban pictures on posters from being held on public property, this cop needs to lose his job.

This could very well be the case. ESPECIALLY where schools are concerned, other rights are trumped, such as wearing shirts that "people" find "offensive". How can we find these statutes?

private property ....differ rules....simple as that....schools have the most restrictive rules on what can and cannot appear on their property?

so does the property owners have rights? is the school board carrying out the wishes of their voters?

I read VT's policy but this is for students and it does mention the general public protesting with signs on campus. The only time a VT official can vacate a protester is if he is being disruptive in that said protester would therefore be infringing on others rights to protest.

I don't see how this one individual could be considered disruptive when it was only the Officer who started the disruption. If I was that student I would bring a law suit against that school.

Every school has their own policy so I am not sure what College campus in Va this took place but given VT is pretty popular I would suspect that most have the same guidelines.

It's a fine line for sure because anyone can argue one side or the other but what it boils down to this this guy's 1st amendment right was violated. As I am sure if taken to court he would win.

Link to VT policy (PDF) Page 20 and 21

http://www.studentprograms.vt.edu/judicial/documents/UPSL.pdf

Forum List

Back