Israel's twisted logic in keeping EU legislators out of Gaza

Alfalfa

Rookie
Sep 6, 2013
Israel?s twisted logic in keeping EU legislators out of Gaza | +972 Magazine

Israel says allowing organizations to visit Gaza inherently ‘strengthens Hamas,’ even when no visits with Hamas officials are planned. Couldn’t the same logic be used to argue for a boycott of Israel, considering Israel’s occupation regime?

Israel blocked a European Parliament humanitarian delegation from entering the Gaza Strip through Israel last week, claiming that the visit would “strengthen Hamas.”

In an email to the delegation, the Israel mission to the European Union denied that “Israel refused an official visit of the delegation to Gaza… but rather refused the use of its territory to enter the Gaza Strip.” The email went on to explain, “this is in line with the policy according to which Israel does not facilitate visits to the Gaza Strip which will strengthen Hamas, a terror organization designated as such also by the European Union.”

Israel isn't even trying to hide it's intentions anymore.

It is shameful that Israel is allowed to deliberately deprive 1.7 to 1.8 million Palestinians in Gaza of basic items needed to support human life, like fuel and clean drinking water and medicines.

And it worsens these crimes against humanity when they keep out groups who desire to lessen the humanitarian crisis.

It is shameful this continues.

Israel says allowing organizations to visit Gaza inherently ‘strengthens Hamas,’ even when no visits with Hamas officials are planned. Couldn’t the same logic be used to argue for a boycott of Israel, considering Israel’s occupation regime?

Israel blocked a European Parliament humanitarian delegation from entering the Gaza Strip through Israel last week, claiming that the visit would “strengthen Hamas.”

In an email to the delegation, the Israel mission to the European Union denied that “Israel refused an official visit of the delegation to Gaza… but rather refused the use of its territory to enter the Gaza Strip.” The email went on to explain, “this is in line with the policy according to which Israel does not facilitate visits to the Gaza Strip which will strengthen Hamas, a terror organization designated as such also by the European Union.”

It's a non-story, only picked up by Pro-Palestinian sites and not in the mainstream media. The situation was in line with Policy.

Nothing to see. Move on.

• Banned

It's a non-story, only picked up by Pro-Palestinian sites and not in the mainstream media. The situation was in line with Policy.

Nothing to see. Move on.

Ya, that's the problem...heheh. Basically israel has effected a blockade of gaza.

Anytime a zionist says "nothing to see here, move along", stop and take a good look.

It is shameful that Israel is allowed to deliberately deprive 1.7 to 1.8 million Palestinians in Gaza of basic items needed to support human life, like fuel and clean drinking water and medicines.

And it worsens these crimes against humanity when they keep out groups who desire to lessen the humanitarian crisis.

1.7 to 1.8 million Palestinians in Gaza represents a lot of people in light of the "genocide" you screech about.

So, be honest. Your false claims of a "genocide" makes you a horse's pa-toot, right?

Nothing to see. Move on.

Ya, that's the problem...heheh. Basically israel has effected a blockade of gaza.

Anytime a zionist says "nothing to see here, move along", stop and take a good look.

Of course there is a blockade. Israel and Gaza are at war, or hadn't you noticed?

• Banned
Yes, gazans send over firework bottle rockets and israel responds with tanks, missiles and F-15's.

Pretty one sided war...reminds me of what the white europeans did to native americans.

Yes, gazans send over firework bottle rockets and israel responds with tanks, missiles and F-15's.

Pretty one sided war...reminds me of what the white europeans did to native americans.

It's still war and no peace has been signed.

• Banned
Seriously, I've seen 4th of July fireworks this big...

QASSAM_ROCKET_0_by_juba_paldf.jpg

BTW - 4th of July fireworks have killed and maimed a hundred times more Americans then pali rockets have killed or maimed israelis.

I'm not saying it's good, I'm just trying on some perspective...

1.7 to 1.8 million Palestinians in Gaza represents a lot of people in light of the "genocide" you screech about.

So, be honest. Your false claims of a "genocide" makes you a horse's pa-toot, right?

I think instead of genocide Sherri means ethnic cleansing.

BTW - 4th of July fireworks have killed and maimed a hundred times more Americans then pali rockets have killed or maimed israelis.

It is sickening you make light of the fact that Israelis are under continuous danger of rockets from Gaza and are often woken from their sleep with the sirens, having to take shelter within 15 to 30 seconds. People in Israel are suffering from stress disorders, including young children.

It is sickening you make light of the fact that Israelis are under continuous danger of rockets from Gaza and are often woken from their sleep with the sirens, having to take shelter within 15 to 30 seconds. People in Israel are suffering from stress disorders, including young children.
So, Switch the sirens off, More izraelis are killed in car crashes than by rockets

Maybe they shouldn't have invaded and stolen someone else's land.

In 1947 jews owned 6% of the land. In 1948 when they "declared" israel a nation they took 65% of it. Now they control 100%...which was the zionist goal all along.

If you took my land, I'd be pissed too.

Data

B'Tselem’s research indicates that, from June 2004 to 17 April 2013, 24 Israeli civilians (four of them minors) and one foreign national were killed in Israel by Palestinian rocket and mortar fire. In addition, five soldiers were killed, three in Israel and two in the Gaza Strip. Another Israeli civilian and three foreign nationals were killed by rocket fire at settlements in the Gaza Strip, before they were evacuated. Palestinian rocket fire also killed at least ten Palestinians (seven of them minors).One Israeli civilian (a minor inIsrael) and one soldier (in the Gaza Strip) were killed by an anti-tank missile fire.

A total of 44 persons have been killed by rocket and mortar fire, and two persons have been killed by anti-tank missiles.

According to the Israel Security Agency reports, in 2013 (until 31 March 2013), Palestinian organizations fired 15 rockets from the Gaza Strip into southern Israel, compared with 2,157 rockets and 175 mortar shells that were fired in all of 2012 (most of them during operation "Pillar of Defense"). For multi-year details (Data source: ISA website):

So in 9 years 25 israelis and one foreign national have been killed by pali rocket and mortar fire...most of those during israeli offensives.

That's not even a good weekend in Chicago...

And yet for this the state of israel has invested over a billion dollars in their "Iron Dome" program...AND IN WHICH THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER HAS ALSO "DONATED" 1 BILLION DOLLARS.

So that's like, let me do the math, 80 million dollars per death...

Last edited:

That's the population you're starving into extinction. The population you're trying to wipe out. So the genocide is real. Slow maybe, but still real.

In contrast, people in Gaza do not have shelters to run to and are suffering from death.

Forum List

Back