Israel’s explanation for killing two journalists in Gaza?

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
Mark Regev, spokesman for the Israeli Prime Minister explains to al-Jazeera English that Palestinian journalist's from Gaza are not "legitimate journalist's." After a second Israeli attack on a media building in two days, this time killing two journalists, the spokesman for the Israeli Prime Minister, Mark Regev explains to al-Jazeera English that because the journalists were Palestinian the Israel military considered them legitimate "targets." Regev's remarks were made just a few hours after the November 19, 2012 bombing of al-Shuruq Tower and another building used to house the offices of several media outlets, including both Palestinian and international networks.

Speaking to al-Jazeera, Regev said, "We took out the target that we wanted to take out." When pressed by al-Jazeera over the injuries of eight journalists the previous day, where one lost his leg, Regev continued,

Oh you're talking about... oh first of all maybe we have a discussion about who is a journalist and if you'll allow me I will elaborate on this. There is the al-Aqsa station, which is a station that is a Hamas command and control facility, just as in other totalitarian regimes; the media is used by the regime for command and control and also for security purposes. From our point of view that's not a legitimate journalist.

Al-Jazeera's correspondent then followed-up by asking, "So what are you saying? That a local Arab journalist life is any less than an internationalist journalist?" Apparently for Regev, yes, in Gaza there are no legitimate Palestinian journalists, only targets.
Israel’s explanation for killing two journalists in Gaza? Palestinians aren’t journalists, they’re ‘targets’ :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dal medio oriente :: information from middle east :: [gd]

Mark Regev, spokesman for the Israeli Prime Minister explains to al-Jazeera English that Palestinian journalist's from Gaza are not "legitimate journalist's." After a second Israeli attack on a media building in two days, this time killing two journalists, the spokesman for the Israeli Prime Minister, Mark Regev explains to al-Jazeera English that because the journalists were Palestinian the Israel military considered them legitimate "targets." Regev's remarks were made just a few hours after the November 19, 2012 bombing of al-Shuruq Tower and another building used to house the offices of several media outlets, including both Palestinian and international networks.
Being a journo is a dangerous occupation, of course.

• Banned
But they are protected by the Geneva convention, targeting Journalists is a war crime

But they are protected by the Geneva convention, targeting Journalists is a war crime

War crimes are a serious business. Every rocket aimed at a civilian target is a war crime. That means that there have been over 8,000, probably closer to 9,000 now, war crimes committed by the terrorist in Gaza by now and everyone connected to these acts is a war criminal, which would include the entire leaderships of he terrorist gangs, maybe 100,000 people who could be arrested, tried and hanged as war criminals.

I'm starting to take names.

Speaking to al-Jazeera, Regev said, "We took out the target that we wanted to take out." When pressed by al-Jazeera over the injuries of eight journalists the previous day, where one lost his leg, Regev continued,

Oh you're talking about... oh first of all maybe we have a discussion about who is a journalist and if you'll allow me I will elaborate on this. There is the al-Aqsa station, which is a station that is a Hamas command and control facility, just as in other totalitarian regimes; the media is used by the regime for command and control and also for security purposes. From our point of view that's not a legitimate journalist.

Al-Jazeera's correspondent then followed-up by asking, "So what are you saying? That a local Arab journalist life is any less than an internationalist journalist?" Apparently for Regev, yes, in Gaza there are no legitimate Palestinian journalists, only targets.
Israel’s explanation for killing two journalists in Gaza? Palestinians aren’t journalists, they’re ‘targets’ :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dal medio oriente :: information from middle east :: [gd]

I need to get my hip boots.

• Banned
Not that any representative of israel would be worried about a charge of committing War crimes as none have been condemned, yet

War crimes are a serious business. Every rocket aimed at a civilian target is a war crime. That means that there have been over 8,000, probably closer to 9,000 now, war crimes committed by the terrorist in Gaza by now and everyone connected to these acts is a war criminal, which would include the entire leaderships of he terrorist gangs, maybe 100,000 people who could be arrested, tried and hanged as war criminals.

Israeli citizens are not considered "civilians" in international law.

Your post is based on false premise.

• Banned

yep, And most of them live in the zionist entity, currently known as "israel"

I will respond to this if I ever visit your planet.

And what might that "international law" be?

Shariah there are muslims thruout the world Al Azhar University department
of koranic studies ISSUED a ruling almost 50 years ago stating that ALL ISRAELIS REGARDLESS OF AGE OR GENDER are to be considered MILITARY as per the
WILL OF ALLAH more recently the ruling included all jews. This ruling
renders all jews----regardless of age or gender LEGAL TARGETS of execution for
all muslims now you know Doc. I learned about this fascinating law a bit more than
40 years ago The LOGIC at that time regarding Israelis is the fact that Israel has
a UNIVERSAL DRAFT get it? Islamic law is very logical----it even managed to make rape of muslim girls in EAST PAKISTAN in 1971 LEGAL -----in general rape by muslims is supposed to be confined to non muslim girls-------the mechanism is called TAKFIR----the clerics in West Pakistan declared the muslims of East pakistan----NOT REALLY MUSLIMS

Even when the definition of protected persons is set out in this way, it may seem rather complicated. Nevertheless, disregarding points of detail, it will be seen that there are two main classes of protected person:...

(2) ' the whole population ' of occupied territories (excluding nationals of the Occupying Power).

International Humanitarian Law - Fourth 1949 Geneva Convention

In order to understand TINNIE you have to understand SHARIAH in Shariah law -----the only persons who cannot LEGALLY be murdered are -----muslims and PROTECTED PERSONS aka dhimmis Of course in shariah law a dhimmi who violates his ENSLAVEMENT can legally be killed like if he walks on the step of a mosque thus TINNIE believes that international law in refernece to PROTECTED persons means anyone not PROTECTED can LEGALLY BE MURDERED or RAPED or ROBBED etc etc simple ISLAMIC LAW IS LOGICAL which makes it very easy to remember----something like high school plane geometry

were the journalists targeted... or was the building that terrorists were using targeted?

you know... same thing as punting shit in churches and schools.

Even when the definition of protected persons is set out in this way, it may seem rather complicated. Nevertheless, disregarding points of detail, it will be seen that there are two main classes of protected person:...

(2) ' the whole population ' of occupied territories (excluding nationals of the Occupying Power).

International Humanitarian Law - Fourth 1949 Geneva Convention

Again, this may make sense on your planet, but here on Earth, neither Sderot nor Tel Aviv is occupied territory, so firing rockets at Israeli civilians living there would be a war crime.

Forum List

Back