Israel Don't Retaliate!

Personally, I think we're being played.
If Iran were serious they wouldn't have given warnings and would have attacked from multiple sites in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon as well as from Iran.

Israel attacked Iran's embassy. Justified or not it required a public response from Iran to satisfy its populace. A response that very publicly harmed no one and after which the Iranian government declared the matter closed.

Iran didn't brag about the attack nor threaten more. They said it was over.

In both GAZA and Ukraine people are worried the conflicts will expand.
If Russia is not stopped, there is no reason to believe it will stop at Ukraine.
If Israel reacts strongly the fear is expanding that conflict into Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and beyond.

Those fears are real.

I believe Israel will strike back, minimally, at the sites from which some of the drones were launched. After all, Israel has its own populace seeking revenge.

If you'd take off your MAGA glasses you'd see your own hypocrisy.
I don’t get how people fail to understand this…the potential for this to escalate is huge. Ukraine, who has as much to lose in their conflict as Israel has been careful not to do anything escalate it into a conflict that puts Russia in direct conflict with NATO. Israel? Is she trying to force a wider conflict or was this a bad miscalculation on their part and they did not expect that level of response from Iran? I tend to go with the latter and I hope that is the case.

The Game of Nations.

It is all defense. Iran has been waging a proxy war against Israel for years and holding them accountable for these attacks is defense.
I disagree, that is an offensive move. Hitting an embassy in another‘s sovereign territory is a game changer in this conflict. You are essentially giving a green light to Iran to defend a direct attack. That has the potential to turn this into a much larger conflict where before both Iran and Israel were able to keep it at a simmer by striking at their proxies instead. What did Israel actually gain from this?

I don’t get how people fail to understand this…the potential for this to escalate is huge. Ukraine, who has as much to lose in their conflict as Israel has been careful not to do anything escalate it into a conflict that puts Russia in direct conflict with NATO. Israel? Is she trying to force a wider conflict or was this a bad miscalculation on their part and they did not expect that level of response from Iran? I tend to go with the latter and I hope that is the case.

The Game of Nations.
Wow. Taking the side of the Islamic terrorist state against the Jews, I see.

I disagree, that is an offensive move. Hitting an embassy in another‘s sovereign territory is a game changer in this conflict. You are essentially giving a green light to Iran to defend a direct attack. That has the potential to turn this into a much larger conflict where before both Iran and Israel were able to keep it at a simmer by striking at their proxies instead. What did Israel actually gain from this?
Iran, of all places, has little standing in an argument of the sanctity of embassies.

Iran, of all places, has little standing in an argument of the sanctity of embassies.
The consulate Israel hit had Muslim generals figuring out how to transfer weapons to Hezbollah. I guess the antisemitic libs just think Israel should have just allowed another Muslim terrorist attack to proceed.

Wow. Taking the side of the Islamic terrorist state against the Jews, I see.
It’s not about “sides” Lisa, and maybe your tiny mind can’t understand that. It is about escalating a relatively local conflict into a much larger regional (or world) conflict that could pit larger powers against each other (think Ukraine, Russia, NATO as another one where we need to tread warily). The major powers use conflicts like these as proxies to avoid direct confrontations and potential world wars. For better or worse, it is what it is.

I suppose you haven’t taken notice of the intense diplomatic efforts among multiple nations to keep this conflict confined to Gaza and Israel as much as possible? How do you think that is going to go now that Israel has escalated it from defense (supportable) to offense (problematic to support)? Or, does that matter to you? Israel can maintain its conflict with Iran at a simmer until after Gaza is resolved, after all it has done so for some time. Israel can also strike decisively at military targets in Yemen and Lebanon, where missiles are being fired from. That is not the same as striking a consulate. Hell, Israel didn’t even give its biggest ally, the US, a heads up.

And please, do not pull the Hitler card again.

It’s not about “sides” Lisa, and maybe your tiny mind can’t understand that. It is about escalating a relatively local conflict into a much larger regional (or world) conflict that could pit larger powers against each other (think Ukraine, Russia, NATO as another one where we need to tread warily). The major powers use conflicts like these as proxies to avoid direct confrontations and potential world wars. For better or worse, it is what it is.

I suppose you haven’t taken notice of the intense diplomatic efforts among multiple nations to keep this conflict confined to Gaza and Israel as much as possible? How do you think that is going to go now that Israel has escalated it from defense (supportable) to offense (problematic to support)? Or, does that matter to you? Israel can maintain its conflict with Iran at a simmer until after Gaza is resolved, after all it has done so for some time. Israel can also strike decisively at military targets in Yemen and Lebanon, where missiles are being fired from. That is not the same as striking a consulate. Hell, Israel didn’t even give its biggest ally, the US, a heads up.

And please, do not pull the Hitler card again.
I stopped reading when you made the insult about “tiny mind” in your first sentence.

Get a hold of your antisemitism.

I stopped reading when you made the insult about “tiny mind” in your first sentence.

Get a hold of your antisemitism.
Of COURSE you stopped reading. You do it EVERY time we move beyond bumper sticker talking points and have to actually engage the issues…hence “tiny mind”. And of course you revert to waving your anti-semitism card rather than discuss the actual topic. You can put down now, it is worn out.

Do support the US going into this inflict directly? You want to see us dragged in? Let’s see if you can answer a simp,e question.

Of COURSE you stopped reading. You do it EVERY time we move beyond bumper sticker talking points and have to actually engage the issues…hence “tiny mind”. And of course you revert to waving your anti-semitism card rather than discuss the actual topic. You can put down now, it is worn out.

Do support the US going into this inflict directly? You want to see us dragged in? Let’s see if you can answer a simp,e question.
Shut UP. It’s barely 36 hours since the Islamic terrorists attacked Israel with a massive missile launch, and you are back to blaming the Jews.

The Game of Nations.
There was no miscalculation. Acting through its proxies, Iran is directly responsible for attacks on Israel from Hezbollah, the Gaza terrorists and the Houthi, and it is outrageous to complain that taking out the Iranian general orchestrating these attacks on Israel is an escalation.

Israel must hold Iran accountable for its failed attack on Israel, or the message sent will be that it is ok for Iran to continue to attack Israel through its proxies.

The Biden administration and some, but not all, European countries are babbling about escalation, but any rational analysis will show there is there is no basis for thinking anything will happen as a result of an Israeli attack on Iran now other than a short period of more intense fighting for a short period between Israel and Iran and its proxies.

The US is bound by both treaty and agreements to help Israel defend itself against attacks, and Iran is attacking Israel everyday through it proxies, so for Biden to say an Israeli attack on Iran at this time would be an act of offence is truly bizarre and brings the integrity of this US government to a new low.

Shut UP. It’s barely 36 hours since the Islamic terrorists attacked Israel with a massive missile launch, and you are back to blaming the Jews.
Get. Real.

Iran gave a 72 hr heads up notice, including to the US.
Iran aimed at military bases where it claimed the missiles that hit the embassy were fired from.

If Iran wanted to set off a truly devastating attack, it certainly could have. This was an unprecedented, but measured direct response to Israel’s attack on one of it’s embassies in another country.

Put. Your. Victim. Card. Down.

There was no miscalculation. Acting through its proxies, Iran is directly responsible for attacks on Israel from Hezbollah, the Gaza terrorists and the Houthi, and it is outrageous to complain that taking out the Iranian general orchestrating these attacks on Israel is an escalation.

Israel must hold Iran accountable for its failed attack on Israel, or the message sent will be that it is ok for Iran to continue to attack Israel through its proxies.

The Biden administration and some, but not all, European countries are babbling about escalation, but any rational analysis will show there is there is no basis for thinking anything will happen as a result of an Israeli attack on Iran now other than a short period of more intense fighting for a short period between Israel and Iran and its proxies.

The US is bound by both treaty and agreements to help Israel defend itself against attacks, and Iran is attacking Israel everyday through it proxies, so for Biden to say an Israeli attack on Iran at this time would be an act of offence is truly bizarre and brings the integrity of this US government to a new low.
I disagree. I do not think that Israel Iran to respond in this way.

Proxies provide nations with “deniability”…they can sell weapons to them, as we do, but with no boots on the ground, no military participation, I suspect defense treaties aren’t regarded as violated or we would have engulfed in multiple wars by now. I’m no foreign policy expert, doubt you are either.

Israel miscalculated: it forced Iran into a position of having to respond directly and it potentially could have forced us into supporting an offensive move on the part of Israel, taking the conflict outside of Israel. I’m glad Biden drew a clear line on that.

Do you want us dragged into a direct conflict with Iran?

It can only be seen as an act of offense if you believe it is ok for Iran to be directing attacks through its proxies. Not taking out the Iranian general who was directing this would send a clear message to Iran that Israel thinks it's ok. Clearly, striking at Iran's proxies does not deter Iran from sending more proxies. Gaza is a wasteland, southern Lebanon soon will be, Syria is a failed state, and Iran stands untouched by the devastation it has caused in the ME. It is time for Iran to learn what war is all about first hand.

Shut up, Jew-hater. We have all these Jew-haters committing criminal acts by blocking traffic in lib cities, and I don’t want to waste any more time with the likes of you.
Keep dodging. All you can do is screech ”antisemite” when forced to discuss actual issues that have nothing to do with antisemitism but instead are about the more complex issues playing out here…because, well, it is all you have contribute (other than your meltdowns over too many Blacks in adverts and too many Blacks in college and too many Blacks in movies etc).

Do you want us to be directly pulled in to this conflict?

Do you want Jordon, Egypt and other regional powers to be dragged in?

How big do you want this conflict to be and how will that help Israel? Do think it will fracture alliances?

Going to dodge an and scream it’s “antisemitic” or engage in discussion? I’m actually curious.

Forum List

Back