"Islamic Marriage Guide" -Teaches Muslims correct way to beat their wives!!

It amuses me how those who would like to start a new round of Crusades present evidence that Islam today is . . . very similar to the way Christianity was when the countries that were predominantly Christian were a little more barbaric.

If it were the religion that makes for the barbarism instead of vice-versa, we would still be savages.

The Islamic Caliphates were 1000 fold more imperalistic than the Crusades! Crusades pressed into Israel and to some extent across Christian Europe. The Islamic Caliphates spread across the Arabian Pennisula, up into India, Pakistan, Turkey, Persia, Eastern Europe, into Russia, west to North Africa and even into Spain.

I always makes me laugh when people try to compare Dark Ages Christianity to Modern era Islam. Dark Age Christianity didn't have electricity, modern science, phones, computers, cars, trains, airplanes, mass producing farming equipment, water treatment plants, power plants, the internet etc. Yet modern Islam has ALL of this, yet you compare the two to make a point! It's like comparing an apple to an elephant!

Absolutely! The Dark Age Crusades were in DARK AGES. The Muslims are STILL in the "dark ages" socially.

Well our divorce rates are through the roof in the west, so in all fairness there aren't as many wives to beat as in the past.

They beat the girlfriends. Or ex-wives, or ex-girlfriends.

Don't think that would go over too well, personally if I ever felt the need to beat up a girlfriend I would tell her to pack her shit and get the fuck out.

Most normal men would. But not all men are "normal" -- if my husband ever felt the need to beat me, or even hit, he'd better made it good the first time. He won't get a second chance.

Don't think that would go over too well, personally if I ever felt the need to beat up a girlfriend I would tell her to pack her shit and get the fuck out.

Most normal men would. But not all men are "normal" -- if my husband ever felt the need to beat me, or even hit, he'd better made it good the first time. He won't get a second chance.

Muslim men feel the same way, which is why the women so often end up dead.

I can understand that.:eusa_angel:

Maybe that's what's wrong with America- we don't beat our wives as much as we used to.

Well our divorce rates are through the roof in the west, so in all fairness there aren't as many wives to beat as in the past.

Yet in America if you beat your wife bad things happen to the spouse beater! My cousin (who is Christian if your wondering), beat up his wife. His parents disowned him, he lost visitation rights over his kids, she got a divorce, he has a criminal record, the extend family disowned him, he has to go to anger management classes and he has lost a lot of friends. Western society frowns upon beating one's spouse.

Yet in Islam it's encouraged. You beat your wife you get a trophy. She complains her family beats her also for complaining. She tries to leave, then she gets honor killed!

There is a BIG difference!

Last edited:
Absolutely! The Dark Age Crusades were in DARK AGES. The Muslims are STILL in the "dark ages" socially.

In many cases, yes. But the point is that it isn't Islam that makes them that way. It's the backwardness of most countries with majority Muslim populations. Muslims in the U.S. that I have known are no more barbaric than other Americans. They interpret their religion in different ways than Muslims living in Saudi Arabia.

In itself, Islam is no more barbaric than Christianity, although I admit that isn't saying a whole heck of a lot.

Yet in America if you beat your wife you go to jail. My cousin (who is Christian if your wondering), beat up his wife. His parents disowned him, he lost visitation rights over his kids, she got a divorce, he has a criminal record, the extend family disowned him, he has to go to anger management classes and he has lost a lot of friends. Western society frowns upon beating one's spouse.

Yet in Islam it's encouraged. You beat your wife you get a trophy. She complains her family beats her also for complaining. She tries to leave, then she gets honor killed!

There is a BIG difference!

Unfortunately often times the guy kills the wife or girlfriend when she tries to leave. Restraining order or not. Or if they go to jail, when they get out, THEN they kill her. In YOUR case, it's amazing the family did downown him, but unfortunately that doesn't always happen. If more families treated the beater as yours did, it would be great.

In many cases, yes. But the point is that it isn't Islam that makes them that way. It's the backwardness of most countries with majority Muslim populations. Muslims in the U.S. that I have known are no more barbaric than other Americans. They interpret their religion in different ways than Muslims living in Saudi Arabia.

In itself, Islam is no more barbaric than Christianity, although I admit that isn't saying a whole heck of a lot.

I MEAN the Muslims living in the Middle East. Although that's what Betty Mahmoody thought in "Not Without My Daughter." Married 20 years to an Iranian doctor. When they went to Iran to visit family, he totally changed. It was a nightmare for her. He WANTED to beat her, no doubt here in America, but was not free to do so until they got to Iran.

Unfortunately when a muslim man goes to jail because he beat his wife, it is up to his family to kill her. Worse, it is sometimes HER family that must kill her.

One cannot convince dead people of the error of their ways.
There is always hope of changing the attitudes of the living though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
The Islamic Caliphates were 1000 fold more imperalistic than the Crusades!

But not more brutal and vicious. and in general Christian countries have a history of conquest, imperialism, violence, and sexism at least as great as Muslim countries. Start with the Roman Empire, which was Christian for a good part of its time in existence, especially if you include the Eastern Empire, as you should. Europe and America have, perhaps, matured and become better than that. But it's not a superiority of Christianity. It's a superiority of modern civilization compared to more primitive societies, regardless of religion.

I always makes me laugh when people try to compare Dark Ages Christianity to Modern era Islam.

Oh, that's not a fair comparison. Dark Ages Christianity was MUCH, MUCH worse. But as you say, more primitive in the society it occupied.

Perhaps a better comparison would be today's Islam to Christianity as practiced in, say, Uganda.

Another lie. With zero supporting evidence, of course (because none exists).

The Islamic Caliphates were 1000 fold more imperalistic than the Crusades!

But not more brutal and vicious. and in general Christian countries have a history of conquest, imperialism, violence, and sexism at least as great as Muslim countries. Start with the Roman Empire, which was Christian for a good part of its time in existence, especially if you include the Eastern Empire, as you should. Europe and America have, perhaps, matured and become better than that. But it's not a superiority of Christianity. It's a superiority of modern civilization compared to more primitive societies, regardless of religion.

I always makes me laugh when people try to compare Dark Ages Christianity to Modern era Islam.

Oh, that's not a fair comparison. Dark Ages Christianity was MUCH, MUCH worse. But as you say, more primitive in the society it occupied.

Perhaps a better comparison would be today's Islam to Christianity as practiced in, say, Uganda.

No offense but even if Dark Ages Christianity was more brutal who cares? how does this apply to the way Radical Islam is behaving now? these examples you are listing are from thousands of years ago correct?

Even in the Dark Ages, beating your wife was frowned upon in Christian society.

No offense but even if Dark Ages Christianity was more brutal who cares? how does this apply to the way Radical Islam is behaving now? these examples you are listing are from thousands of years ago correct?

Not all of them. But the OP wasn't talking about "radical Islam," and in fact explicitly stated the claim that the problem isn't radical Islam but ALL of Islam. My argument here is that it's the relative backwardness of Muslim countries that creates the retrograde teachings in much of Islam and not the religion itself. Christianity used to be just as bad when Christian countries were as primitive, and still is where Christian countries still ARE as primitive, e.g. sub-Saharan Africa.

Muslims in America that I've known personally are not like that. But that's because they're Americans. Christians in America aren't like Ugandans, either (well, except for the religious right, but they're weird).

Not all of them. But the OP wasn't talking about "radical Islam," and in fact explicitly stated the claim that the problem isn't radical Islam but ALL of Islam. My argument here is that it's the relative backwardness of Muslim countries that creates the retrograde teachings in much of Islam and not the religion itself. Christianity used to be just as bad when Christian countries were as primitive, and still is where Christian countries still ARE as primitive, e.g. sub-Saharan Africa.

Muslims in America that I've known personally are not like that. But that's because they're Americans. Christians in America aren't like Ugandans, either (well, except for the religious right, but they're weird).

The biggest problem in Muslim countries is the lack of education, Radical Islam easily exploits the people with the least education because they are the most vulnerable.

Forum List

Back