Islam.

Personally I think Islam is about..

• Total voters
Islam is one of about 25,000 other discrete religious systems. If Islam is 'about anything' it's submission to Allah (God.) It's based for the most part directly off Judaism even copying our idea of a holy book from God, then another from man (Tanach/Talmud, Qur'an/a-Hadiths.) Doesn't even pretend to be original which is kinda nice referring in sura 2 something to the effect of "...and we took from the people of the book [Jews] a covenant..." Meaning the covenant between man and God between the Jews Muslims feel wasn't 'followed through' enough with so they came along and picked up where Jews left off.

After 9/11 I studied Islam. Whole know your enemy thing. It's objectively no different than Judaism or Christianity repeating the same things, forbidding the same things, etc. Biggest difference is just that unlike Judaism, and more than Christianity it goes into great detail about the afterlife. But because it's based off the two pre-extant 'super faiths' Christianity and Judaism, there's very little in it than isn't in the others. Calls to kill infidels is actually from Torah, not original to Qur'an. I think they invented the 'sex slaves' in heaven notion though because try as I might, liking that idea, I can't find it in TOrah :)

They are all the same books. It's essentially the same religion.

In the OT you have instances where God tells the Hebrews to wipe out some cannanite cities. However, in Islam you have an open command to kill the infidel. The Cannanites are long gone as where there is a never ending supply of infidels.

There really is no "open command" as you put it.

For example, the phrases commonly cited are are done so oftten inaccurately and usually missing most of the quote:

"Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them."

Sounds pretty aweful, so why do they leave out the rest of the quote and the context with which this applied - a time of war.

Surah 2:191
And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

This is clarified in the previous Surah:
Surah 2:190
Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.

Allah is ordering to fight when they are attacked - this is quite different from killing innocent civilians.

Islam is one of about 25,000 other discrete religious systems. If Islam is 'about anything' it's submission to Allah (God.) It's based for the most part directly off Judaism even copying our idea of a holy book from God, then another from man (Tanach/Talmud, Qur'an/a-Hadiths.) Doesn't even pretend to be original which is kinda nice referring in sura 2 something to the effect of "...and we took from the people of the book [Jews] a covenant..." Meaning the covenant between man and God between the Jews Muslims feel wasn't 'followed through' enough with so they came along and picked up where Jews left off.

After 9/11 I studied Islam. Whole know your enemy thing. It's objectively no different than Judaism or Christianity repeating the same things, forbidding the same things, etc. Biggest difference is just that unlike Judaism, and more than Christianity it goes into great detail about the afterlife. But because it's based off the two pre-extant 'super faiths' Christianity and Judaism, there's very little in it than isn't in the others. Calls to kill infidels is actually from Torah, not original to Qur'an. I think they invented the 'sex slaves' in heaven notion though because try as I might, liking that idea, I can't find it in TOrah :)

In the OT you have instances where God tells the Hebrews to wipe out some cannanite cities. However, in Islam you have an open command to kill the infidel. The Cannanites are long gone as where there is a never ending supply of infidels.

For example, the phrases commonly cited are are done so oftten inaccurately and usually missing most of the quote:

Sounds pretty aweful, so why do they leave out the rest of the quote and the context with which this applied - a time of war.

And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.

Allah is ordering to fight when they are attacked - this is quite different from killing innocent civilians.

Pleanty of legit stuff to condemn most religions on without inventing things or quoting stuff out of context. Mandatory prayer 5 times a day alone is enough :)

Pleanty of legit stuff to condemn most religions on without inventing things or quoting stuff out of context. Mandatory prayer 5 times a day alone is enough :)

I never do well with mandatory anythings! :lol:

Always struck me as brainwashing. Repetition and it's mandatory? That's never good. :)

Always struck me as brainwashing. Repetition and it's mandatory? That's never good. :)

I can't help it...I've got Tom Lehrer's Vatican Rag running through my mind now :lol:

I can't help it...I've got Tom Lehrer's Vatican Rag running through my mind now :lol:

(quickly retrieves the information like Tank from "The Matrix")

Genuflect, genuflect, genuflect? :)

There are 164 verses in Quran demanding killing of non-Muslims.

"164 Jihad Verses in the Koran -- Passages in the Quran about Islamic Holy War" compiled by Yoel Natan

Only that Muslim will go to Paradise who follow Quran, right?

Muslims have killed 270 millions of innocent non-Muslims.
Just watch on Youtube:

'Islam - 270 Million killed in 1400 Years'

If Muslims tell us about non-violent or Moderate Islam, they lie. So-called Al-Taqqiya.

Islamic jihad: The principle of al-Taqiyya

Islam is a non-stop killing of non-Muslims and a nice life at the cost of stupid western taxpayers.

If Muslims want to live in the Western countries they shall convert to Christianity. Period.

There are 164 verses in Quran demanding killing of non-Muslims.

"164 Jihad Verses in the Koran -- Passages in the Quran about Islamic Holy War" compiled by Yoel Natan

Only that Muslim will go to Paradise who follow Quran, right?

Muslims have killed 270 millions of innocent non-Muslims.
Just watch on Youtube:

'Islam - 270 Million killed in 1400 Years'

If Muslims tell us about non-violent or Moderate Islam, they lie. So-called Al-Taqqiya.

Islamic jihad: The principle of al-Taqiyya

Islam is a non-stop killing of non-Muslims and a nice life at the cost of stupid western taxpayers.

If Muslims want to live in the Western countries they shall convert to Christianity. Period.

A couple of things to think about here. How many of those verses are stripped of context - ie, cherry-picked from a larger quote?

How many have Christian's killed in the last 2000 years?

The principle of "taqiyya" is deliberately distorted by hate sites. Islam is not alone in allowing lying to save lives or spread the faith - Christianity has similar principles.

If Islam were the "non-stop killings of non-Muslims" - then they'd have been wiped out centuries ago. Learn some history from reputable sources.

Ever examined the degree of violence in the Bible? | Top Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran

That is a cop out. Leaving the country of ones birth is not easily done. For you to say that oppression of Christians and Jews in Muslim countries is okay because the victims might be able to escape is complete bullshit...

You twisted my words here sir or ma'am or misunderstood...I didn't say "it's OK to submit to one's government" though I do believe that it is OK...but I said that "the Bible commands submitting to one's government," which it does (command (again Rom. 13:1-7.))

Jizya at the heart is intended to ensure that Dhimmis cannot achieve economic parity to the ruling Muslims. Remember that Muhammad clashed with Jews repeatedly. Initially declaring himself the leader and "prophet" of the Jews, Muhammad formed his own religion when he was rejected. The animosity was clear from the start. Creating financial burden kept Jews in an economic ghetto. Dhimmis are an oppressed underclass in Muslim countries. It may be tolerable in Shiite nations, or abhorrent in Sunni nations like Saudi Arabia, but Jizya is religious persecution in all cases.

Well if the Bible says that the government is God's Servant then that is obviously a choice that non-Moslems in Moslem countries will have to deal with; again Romans 13:1-4, NKJV:

"(1)Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. (2)Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. (3)For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. (4)For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Christianity doesn't nullify Jewish commandments...

Actually Delta, it does...Col. 2:13-14, Young's Literal Translation:

"...(14)having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross;"

Forum List

Back