Islam: Religion of Vegeance and Violence...

freeandfun1 said:
In the OT, we were told that one day, a Messiah would come that would offer us all salvation. That was Christ. Therefore, the laws of the OT were superceded. When Christ was asked what of the commandments, He said, there are only two, "love Me with all your heart, and love your neighbor". In other words, we were no longer bound to the other commandments because IF we love Him with all our heart, then naturally, we will not do bad things. But if we do, we know that as long as we love Him, we are forgiven.

Whoa, the 10 Commandments were SUPERSEDED by 2 Commandments, "love Christ and love thy neighbor"? The 10 commandments are irrelevent?

Say it ain't so!

Does that mean that "thou shalt not lie with a man" is also irrelevent.

Score! :dev1:

nakedemperor said:
Whoa, the 10 Commandments were SUPERSEDED by 2 Commandments, "love Christ and love thy neighbor"? The 10 commandments are irrelevent?

Say it ain't so!

Does that mean that "thou shalt not lie with a man" is also irrelevent.

Score! :dev1:

But inherent in loving God with all your heart, soul, and mind, is obeying His commands - which still includes "Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman."

nakedemperor said:

Does "love thy neighbor" mean accepting death by jihad gracefully, in your addled view?

freeandfun1 said:
Let us assume the New Testament verses are meant as you express they were meant - which they are not - okay, so... answer me, did Christ lead any Army killing one single man, woman or child? When they came to take Christ to crucify Him, did He or did He not admonish His men for pulling their swords to defend Him? You lecture us on needing to read the Koran, perhaps you should read the NT and get a lesson yourself. You need it.

I wont answer this cause actually I don’t know,,,,
But to tell something that the Islam is the only religion which came for the whole world,,, cause if you notice in history you may fined more than one messenger in the same period ,, they all from Allah but it was for different peoples,,,,

Something else ,,, isn’t these passages in your book ,, didn't Jesus say these word,,, if you told someone to kill is that means that you are innocent,,, if you spread evil but didn't worked with it is that means that you are innocent,,,

Note,,,
I do believe in Eissa and in all prophets and books Allah send,, but I don’t believe in insertion and updated made in it by whom they pretend they were inspired,, I don’t believe in that I could pretend that I was inspired and add in the bible some passages and stories,, I do believe only in what Allah send Jesus with not what inserted and made up by the human,, it become the book of who will inspire next not the book of Allah,,,
How come after all of these insertion and update you know the right from the wrong

And I heard about this 10 commandments and I though that pharaohs who made it,, cause there is something like that in their culture…

Arabian said:
I wont answer this cause actually I don’t know,,,,
But to tell something that the Islam is the only religion which came for the whole world,,, cause if you notice in history you may fined more than one messenger in the same period ,, they all from Allah but it was for different peoples,,,,

Something else ,,, isn’t these passages in your book ,, didn't Jesus say these word,,, if you told someone to kill is that means that you are innocent,,, if you spread evil but didn't worked with it is that means that you are innocent,,,

Note,,,
I do believe in Eissa and in all prophets and books Allah send,, but I don’t believe in insertion and updated made in it by whom they pretend they were inspired,, I don’t believe in that I could pretend that I was inspired and add in the bible some passages and stories,, I do believe only in what Allah send Jesus with not what inserted and made up by the human,, it become the book of who will inspire next not the book of Allah,,,
How come after all of these insertion and update you know the right from the wrong

And I heard about this 10 commandments and I though that pharaohs who made it,, cause there is something like that in their culture…
So you don't believe your own book of faith? I see where you are coming from. You don't know what to believe. Fine. I KNOW that Christ is the WORLD's SAVIOUR. I am comfortable in my faith. I am sorry you are not in yours.

gop_jeff said:
But inherent in loving God with all your heart, soul, and mind, is obeying His commands - which still includes "Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman."

So you disagree with Freeandfun that the edicts and commandments of the Old Testament were, to use his word, 'superseded' by those of the new?

freeandfun1 said:
So you don't believe your own book of faith? I see where you are coming from. You don't know what to believe. Fine. I KNOW that Christ is the WORLD's SAVIOUR. I am comfortable in my faith. I am sorry you are not in yours.

Why is it called 'faith' if you 'know' it to be true?

This isn't meant to be a leading question; I'm just curious about the semantics. Well, they're not simply semantics- 'knowing' and 'believing' or 'having faith' are worlds apart.

Knowledge requires both belief in a fact and proof of a fact, as I understand. Faith, on the other hand, merely requires belief.

nakedemperor said:
Why is it called 'faith' if you 'know' it to be true?

This isn't meant to be a leading question; I'm just curious about the semantics. Well, they're not simply semantics- 'knowing' and 'believing' or 'having faith' are worlds apart.

Knowledge requires both belief in a fact and proof of a fact, as I understand. Faith, on the other hand, merely requires belief.

Does this post seem like mumbo jumbo horseshit to anyone else? They're not all that different. Definitely NOT worlds apart. :rolleyes:

nakedemperor said:
So you disagree with Freeandfun that the edicts and commandments of the Old Testament were, to use his word, 'superseded' by those of the new?

The "superceding" refers to the new covenant. In the Old Testament, God established a covenant with Israel in which forgiveness took place through animal sacrifices and other religious rituals, and relationship with God only available through Levitical priests. This is referred to as "The Law," or "Mosaic Law." In the New Testament, God establishes a new covenant with all of mankind through Jesus Christ, with forgiveness, salvation, and relationship coming through Jesus. So the covenant was made new. Therefore, some of the laws from the old covenant, especially those dealing with religious ritual, were discarded. However, the moral law did not change. The Ten Commandments are still just as valid today as they were back then. In fact, Commandments 1-4 are summed up in "Love the LORD your God with all your heart, soul, and mind," while Commandments 5-10 are summed up in "Love your neighbor as yourself."

freeandfun1 said:
Is that all cause I don’t know if Jesus lead any war??
OR
When they came to take Christ to crucify Him, did He or did He not admonish His men for pulling their swords to defend Him?

Cause it wasn’t him
I don’t believe that he is crucified for the mercy of the mankind “and even your book don’t believe soo cause in your book no one should be killed for the guilt of the other” –isn’t your book say soo- “or yeah I forgot you do so when America attacked al-Iraq cause saddam is a bad guy Mmmm yeah this is how you work with your book,,, Jesus raised to Allah in the Qur’an
I believe Allah send him with his message for the mercy of man kind..

And isn’t Jesus is the god,, why he didn't kill them with his figure or put a spell on them or even do anything isn’t him the god who can do anything,,, or Samson can do this only
How you can think that a human is a God,, then don’t blame who worship the moon or his king,,, or a cow or a statues ,,,

But how a human crucify a human for the sake of the humans ,,,, or in other word
how a human crucify a God for the sake of the humans….
Again and again no one should be killed for the guilt of other ,, as your book says

And my book isn’t a book of history right he talked about previous prophets ,, and that we should believe in all prophets ,, but he didn't say that Eissa was crucified ,, he spoke about his mother Mary ,, and what she faced in her life,, and spoke about him and his miracles ,, and how people didn't believe him in his start ,, as all prophets face in their preach,,,,

There is a question I wanna ask you,,,,
In Qur'an we do believe that,, each period has its prophets and message Allah sent to the mankind passing through Eissa, Mosa, Joseph, Jacob, …… ,,, and the last one messenger was Muhammad with the Qur’an.

What about yours believe,, what before Christianity ,, and after it,,
I READ that lots of people convert to Islam when they read in the original script of the Engil “the bible” that Eissa said
There is a prophet will come after me called Ahmed and he is the last prophet..
Ahmed is from the names of Our prophet Muhammad his named also Mokhtar , Mostafa,……. It means in English the chosen

Arabian said:
What about yours believe,, what before Christianity ,, and after it,,
I READ that lots of people convert to Islam when they read in the original script of the Engil “the bible” that Eissa said
There is a prophet will come after me called Ahmed and he is the last prophet..
Ahmed is from the names of Our prophet Muhammad his named also Mokhtar , Mostafa,……. It means in English the chosen

There is no such quote from Jesus in the Bible. There was never an admonition to look for another prophet after Jesus, based on His atoning work on the cross.

Arabian said:
Cause it wasn’t him
That is YOUR opinion based on a false belief system.

Arabian said:
I don’t believe that he is crucified for the mercy of the mankind “and even your book don’t believe soo cause in your book no one should be killed for the guilt of the other” –isn’t your book say soo- “or yeah I forgot you do so when America attacked al-Iraq cause saddam is a bad guy Mmmm yeah this is how you work with your book,,, Jesus raised to Allah in the Qur’an I believe Allah send him with his message for the mercy of man kind..
Ditto. You have it all wrong, but hey, that is YOUR choice.

Arabian said:
And isn’t Jesus is the god,, why he didn't kill them with his figure or put a spell on them or even do anything isn’t him the god who can do anything,,, or Samson can do this only How you can think that a human is a God,, then don’t blame who worship the moon or his king,,, or a cow or a statues ,,,
I am sorry you cannot grasp the concept of Christ. So are you admitting here that you guys worship a moon god?

Arabian said:
But how a human crucify a human for the sake of the humans ,,,, or in other word how a human crucify a God for the sake of the humans…. Again and again no one should be killed for the guilt of other ,, as your book says
Man killed Christ, not God. Again, I am sorry that you cannot grasp the concept of Christ.

Arabian said:
And my book isn’t a book of history right he talked about previous prophets ,, and that we should believe in all prophets ,, but he didn't say that Eissa was crucified ,, he spoke about his mother Mary ,, and what she faced in her life,, and spoke about him and his miracles ,, and how people didn't believe him in his start ,, as all prophets face in their preach,,,,
Whatever....

Arabian said:
There is a question I wanna ask you,,,,
In Qur'an we do believe that,, each period has its prophets and message Allah sent to the mankind passing through Eissa, Mosa, Joseph, Jacob, …… ,,, and the last one messenger was Muhammad with the Qur’an.
So you are saying that the 5th century was the "last" period? Otherwise, you should be expecting a new prophet to emerge any day now. The AC will be pleased with you!

Arabian said:
What about yours believe,, what before Christianity ,, and after it,, I READ that lots of people convert to Islam when they read in the original script of the Engil “the bible” that Eissa said There is a prophet will come after me called Ahmed and he is the last prophet.. Ahmed is from the names of Our prophet Muhammad his named also Mokhtar , Mostafa,……. It means in English the chosen
Yes, the OT does tell of the coming of Christ and Christ is the ONLY one that fits the description given. Sorry bud.

So you are saying that the 5th century was the "last" period? Otherwise, you should be expecting a new prophet to emerge any day now. The AC will be pleased with you!

sorry man but prophet Muhammed PBUH ,, the only one who said this word

Qur'an 5. Al-Mâ'idah
3-
This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâm as your religion. But as for him who is forced by severe hunger, with no inclination to sin (such can eat these above-mentioned meats), then surely, Allâh is Oft*Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Sura women 4
verse 82
Will they not then ponder on the Qur'an? If it had been from other than Allah they would have found therein much incongruity.

no insertion or edition made after him,, by people who assumed that they were inspired,,, how u still believe in a book inserted by humans lots of time,,,

Yes, the OT does tell of the coming of Christ and Christ is the ONLY one that fits the description given. Sorry bud.

and the true script of the bible says that Muhammad BBUH is the last prophet ,,,
according to what u says ,, all jewish should be christians now

its the same allah send a prophet with a message some people believed him,, next allah sent another prophet to complete the 1st message ,, some of them believed him and other didnt ,, and that haapens tell the last prophet,,,

but sorry i didnt hear anyone say that there in a new prophet appears with a new complete non fault book,,, if you heard tell me

and the true script of the bible says that Muhammad BBUH is the last prophet ,,,

Sorry Arabian,

I have been having a lengthy discourse on a muslim forum about Muhammad in the Bible and guess what, he is NOT mentioned. Trust me. You need to consider non islamic sources which are not obviousely biased in trying to show Muhammad was in the Bible.

rtwngAvngr said:
Does this post seem like mumbo jumbo horseshit to anyone else? They're not all that different. Definitely NOT worlds apart. :rolleyes:

95% of what naked says is psycho-babble, mumbo jumbo, horseshit.

rtwngAvngr said:

Alright, so explain to me how "faith" and "knowledge" are the same thing.

gop_jeff said:
And where exactly did you get the "true script" of the Bible that no Christian has?

then u addmit no one of you have the true script of bible,, cause the lots of insertion made in it,,,,

i read that the original script,,, kept only in the big libraries,, and hidden also,, any way i don wanna go on through this....
but i swear i did read lots about this

Yurt said:
Sorry Arabian,

I have been having a lengthy discourse on a muslim forum about Muhammad in the Bible and guess what, he is NOT mentioned. Trust me. You need to consider non islamic sources which are not obviousely biased in trying to show Muhammad was in the Bible.

yurt ,, i said in the original script,,
dont you confess that there are lots of insertion and updated made on the bible,,,,
how you can know the right from the inserted,,,
espcially there are alot of passages inserted by whom assumed that they were inspired,,,
bible in Latine Mean book ,,,

Forum List

Back