Islam in Australia: Living and dying for the flag of Allah

Well Sally....I think it's you who are busy punching in articles here without even reading them first...you clearly spend a lot of time here.

Oh give it up Silly Sally - no one is buying this. You spend a lot of time on the internet. Good for you. Maybe you can take some of that time to make difference and come up with some good discussion in some of those many articles.

For example the one you just posted. How representative is this group of Islam in Australia? Do you know? Do you do any research into what you are posting?

My eyes are open :)

Sally...you are starting (again) to sound like a robocall.

What does this have to do with Islam in Australia?

I have all kinds of friends Sally - Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Bhuddists and Athiests. Which new friends do you mean?

Coyote thinks she is kidding everyone. It appears that she feels she has to jump in to defend her new friends, but she certainly closes her eyes to what her new friends are doing in so many places in the world. As for being on the Internet, I would think that you spend many, many more hours on it than I do, especially on these forums where you are reading so many of these posts. If I had a job, I certainly think my bosses would have a fit if I was spending so much time as you do on the computer for reasons other than actual work. Oh, by the way, ask some of these non-Muslim friends that you claim to have from all over the world what they think your new friends are doing to others in the name of religion. Know any Iraqi Christians you can speak to? Ask them their opinion of what is happening.

Islam in Australia

The funny thing is....Islam has actually been in Australia for a long time.

Unfortunately, Australia has it's own uber-nationalist hate groups modeled after Englands EDL:
Inside the far-right group spreading fear through Muslim communities - 21/04/2014

Fortunately - they are a small group of extremists, much like the group in the OP - big of mouth, small in membership.

Islam and Muslims have indeed been in Australia for a long time;

Afghan cameleers in Australia | australia.gov.au

The drama with 'Islam' and 'Muslims' in Australia started about the year 2000...with the "Sydney Gang Rapes";

Sydney gang rapes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then came 9/11...and terrorism.

Australia's home-grown Muslim terrorists

Then came "The Cronulla Riots" in 2006.

cont'd;

Fast forward to 2014;

Islamic Council of Victoria boycotts meeting with Prime Minister over Team Australia comments - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Islamic Council of Victoria boycotts meeting with Prime Minister over Team Australia comments

Photo: Tony Abbott and George Brandis announced new counter-terrorism measures earlier this month. (AAP: Lukas Coch)
Related Story: Abbott meets Muslim leaders over counter-terrorism laws
Related Story: Costello questions Abbott's 'Team Australia' comments
Map: Melbourne 3000
The Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV), which represents more than 150,000 Muslims, has boycotted a scheduled meeting with Prime Minister Tony Abbott after he urged the Muslim community to join "Team Australia".
Mr Abbott convened the meeting with Melbourne's Muslim community to discuss proposed counter-terrorism laws after a similar meeting in Sydney on Monday.
But ahead of Monday's meeting, Mr Abbott told Macquarie Radio in Sydney that he would urge community leaders to speak out against radical Islam.
"Everyone has got to be on Team Australia," Mr Abbott said.
"Everyone has got to put this country, its interests, its values and its people first, and you don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team."

Islamic council secretary Ghaith Krayem described Mr Abbott's comments as ill-informed and inflammatory.

#####

Well there you go.
Seems not all want to join Team Australia.

Last edited:
Iraq violence. The American Muslim. This is Australia we are talking about.

You're making nonequivalent comparatives and then are displeased with the apologist term. ;)

Here's what I see (and keep in mind, the OP of this post has already dragged in Europe and the ME in her confused geographical identifications).

Christians have been bombing abortion clinics and murdering/threatening providers. American Christian Churches were behind Uganda's push for barbaric anti-gay legislation. Where are the unified mass demonstrations against these practices? Where is the demand that their entire religion denounce this?

Buddhists are attacking and killing Muslims in Myanmar. Where are the unified mass demonstrations against these practices? Where is the demand that their entire religion denounce this?

Top Muslim religious leaders around the world have specifically condemned the attacks on Iraqi's Christians, yet that is dismissed.

You call it apologetics.

I call it hypocrisy (insert wry smilie) :)

Here are some specific articles that pertain to Australia's Muslim community.

Australia's Muslim community outraged over photo of boy holding head | SBS News

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Lebanese Muslim Association condemns what it says is a growing ‘climate of fear’ - Australian Muslim Times
He said the Muslim community locally and around the world had “continuously and consistently condemned such aberrations and it has become ridiculous that Muslims are still expected to do so”.

“If the media choose not to give coverage to our condemnations, then they are only falling on deaf ears and there is little point in continuing to make such denunciations,” Mr Dandan said.

“Australian Muslims find it preposterous that it would be considered for a moment that there is some connection between acts of terrorism and Islam.

“It distresses me though that Muslim individuals and organisations are perpetually expected to condemn and distance themselves from such actions,” he said.

“It is essential that we do not conflate religion with the barbaric actions of individuals, just as, for example, Christians were not asked to denounce the terrorist actions of Norwegian Anders Breivik.

Media Release: AIS Condemns Violence and Photo - Australian Intercultural Society

Here are some specific articles that pertain to Australia's Muslim community.

Australia's Muslim community outraged over photo of boy holding head | SBS News

Enraged over seeing the photo.

From your link.

An old school friend of Mr Sharrouf's, who didn't want to be identified, told SBS fighting holy war was an obligation.

"The Muslims are going there for the exact same purpose as an Israeli zionist is leaving Australia...and that is protect the weak and take back their land," he said.

Now you're comparing head hunting and using children to display the head hunting comparitively.

I understand.

That child's head isn't a Palestinian head.

An old school friend of Mr Sharrouf's, who didn't want to be identified, told SBS fighting holy war was an obligation.

"The Muslims are going there for the exact same purpose as an Israeli zionist is leaving Australia...and that is protect the weak and take back their land," he said.

I just did what you did to the OP back to you.

Now you're comparing head hunting and using children to display the head hunting comparitively.

I understand.

No you don't.

I just posted an article where they strongly condemned that action. You pick out the one whacko. Is that to somehow diminish it? Rather makes my point - there is nothing the Musllim community can do that would be "enough" because there are always going to be whackos.

That child's head isn't a Palestinian head.

What has that to do with anything?

I just did what you did to the OP back to you.

If you think so...

Coyote thinks she is kidding everyone. It appears that she feels she has to jump in to defend her new friends, but she certainly closes her eyes to what her new friends are doing in so many places in the world. As for being on the Internet, I would think that you spend many, many more hours on it than I do, especially on these forums where you are reading so many of these posts. If I had a job, I certainly think my bosses would have a fit if I was spending so much time as you do on the computer for reasons other than actual work. Oh, by the way, ask some of these non-Muslim friends that you claim to have from all over the world what they think your new friends are doing to others in the name of religion. Know any Iraqi Christians you can speak to? Ask them their opinion of what is happening.

Why are you so interested in my job Sally? Frankly, that is kind of creepy. Maybe you need to get out more. Or get a job.

Did you take time off your busy messageboard trolling schedule to note that Muslim leaders and communities around the world condemned the attacks on Iraqi Christians? Or...did that slip under your radar?

No you don't.

I just posted an article where they strongly condemned that action. You pick out the one whacko. Is that to somehow diminish it? Rather makes my point - there is nothing the Musllim community can do that would be "enough" because there are always going to be whackos.

If you think so...

OK, so you want to go there with the head.

Is ISIS just Wackos?

The Palestinians are also joining them and in marked numbers.

And for me personally? It's this practice of using the children to showcase these acts. Desensitization from such a young age and at such a level?

It's getting crazy indeed, and my view is not just a few crazies are doing this. Sunni are leaving Canada and are known to be with ISIS. The same with Australia.

The Sunni are coming from all over the world to fight in there.

The Christians will all be gone within a year or two unless they can hide away very well, and the media finally starts showing some of it now.

~10,000 children dead in Syria by ISIS already.

Shades of an ME wide WWII with the world watching

And no one seems to see a thing.

UNI156524.jpg

February 5, 2014 | By Michael Sandler, UNICEF USA

The U.N. has released a harrowing new report that documents the extent of the suffering experienced by Syria’s children during three years of conflict. Children have endured “acts of terror” and “grave violations,” the report states. They have been sexually abused and tortured, used as human shields and recruited as child soldiers. More than 10,000 children have been killed.

The report comes amid accounts of new......

^Since February. The men killed, the women raped and the children used for whatever purposes whoever grabs them want.

I know that this link isn't where information often comes, but it is where some of my money goes.

Does anyone think that by giving ISIS Half of Iraq and Syria that they will stop?

We can't stop them leaving here to fight there but we can enact legislation that removes their citizenship so that what they've learned there?

They can't bring back here.

We've already got Omar Khadr almost set free. :(

Omar Khadr wins appeal, ordered transferred to provincial jail - Politics - CBC News

Why are you so interested in my job Sally? Frankly, that is kind of creepy. Maybe you need to get out more. Or get a job.

Did you take time off your busy messageboard trolling schedule to note that Muslim leaders and communities around the world condemned the attacks on Iraqi Christians? Or...did that slip under your radar?

Frankly I find it creepy that someone who was given the responsibility of reading so many of these forums finds it apropos to do so while hold down a job. I am willing to bet that I am on the Internet less than you are and it is quite dishonest of you to say that I am trolling these message boards when you know that I am not hopping all over the place but basically am only on one forum, but it is quite obvious that you can't stand to see anything derogatory about Muslims no matter how many innocents they are killing. Would I even be on this particular forum at the moment if my article wasn't moved over to here. The reason it was on the forum where I basically post is because these radical Muslims are traveling from many different locations into certain areas of the Middle East to take over and establish their version of a worldwide Caliphate. Perhaps you can give us your opinion as to why those in the countries these nuts came from are worried that when they go bacl they will start up in these countries. Maybe you would tell them that they have nothing to worry about, that all Muslims are just angels. God forbifd any of us is near them if they start up in America, but Coyote will yell -- it wasn't the Muslims, it was the Hindus or the Buddhists or the Christians.

I think that many of us realize that there are peaceful Muslims who are appalled by what these nuts are doing. However, all we seem to hear about is all those Muslim protests happening in Europe and the U.S. against Israel and nothing about the Muslims gathering en masse in any country to protest what is happening by their fellow Muslims in certain areas of the Middle East. Maybe you can start up a group in your area to start up a protest. Surely they must be sickened by all the beheadings so let them gather together and start protesting.

What You seem to focus on is all those Muslim protests happening in Europe and the U.S. against Israel, what is your opinion of view on non Israeli jews joining the IDF?

No you don't.

If you think so...

Is ISIS just Wackos?

Yes, they are - along with Boko Haran. NPR had an interesting interview with the author of a book called "The Hunt for Boko Haram" in which he talked about Boko Haran, and also similar groups such as ISIS.

Nigeria's Boko Haram 'More Extreme Than Al-Qaida,' Journalist Says : NPR
Why is this group abusing, selling off girls, kidnapping them? Why is it killing boys? Why is [it] killing any children? Why is it beheading people left, right and center? Why is it wiping out villages and showing this capacity for extreme and merciless violence? It's quite a difficult question to answer. ...

What it is ... is heavily armed playground thuggery in an area of absolutely no government control, of [complete] lawlessness and impunity where they're allowed to do what they want, so the baddest guy wins.

The transcript is only partial, but in the interview he talks about how these groups are very uneducated and ignorant even of their own religion. For example, the emphasis on beheading people with a sword - which they took from an obscure scholar's text translated by yet another obscure scholar. Whackos. And relgious whackos can be quite dangerous when there is no law and order to stop them. They have no mainstream Muslim suppoort and quite a lot of condemnation.

and...?

Naturally Fangur has nothing to say about all those Muslims coming from many places on this globe and who are busy in certain areas of the Middle East committing atrocities. As for Americans joining the IDF, they certainly don't compare in number to the thousands of Islamic savages who are running around. At least the Americans in the IDF along with many Christian Arabs as well as Muslim Arabs are trying to defend a small country that the Muslims want destroyed (a country that an anti-Semite like you wants to see destroyed as you see I have read some of your posts but quit because it is always the same old stuff).. Meanwhile, if one of those crazies comes back to your country and you feel you must hide him while you wait for him to kill a few Jews for you, I suggest you learn how to make this drink to show your hospitality. No doubt it is very refreshing, and your terrorist friend will love you for it.

Video: The UAE's favourite drink during Ramadan - Vimto | The National

No you don't.

If you think so...

Is ISIS just Wackos?

Yes, they are - along with Boko Haran. NPR had an interesting interview with the author of a book called "The Hunt for Boko Haram" in which he talked about Boko Haran, and also similar groups such as ISIS.

Why is this group abusing, selling off girls, kidnapping them? Why is it killing boys? Why is [it] killing any children? Why is it beheading people left, right and center? Why is it wiping out villages and showing this capacity for extreme and merciless violence? It's quite a difficult question to answer. ...

What it is ... is heavily armed playground thuggery in an area of absolutely no government control, of [complete] lawlessness and impunity where they're allowed to do what they want, so the baddest guy wins.

The transcript is only partial, but in the interview he talks about how these groups are very uneducated and ignorant even of their own religion. For example, the emphasis on beheading people with a sword - which they took from an obscure scholar's text translated by yet another obscure scholar. Whackos. And relgious whackos can be quite dangerous when there is no law and order to stop them. They have no mainstream Muslim suppoort and quite a lot of condemnation.

and...?

Where do you think they will come back to once they are done slaughtering their own brethren there? Who do you think they will bring with them?

Uneducated or not. They know what they are doing.

You sure minimize what they do..

Im done for now. You continue on in your vein.

Frankly I find it creepy that someone who was given the responsibility of reading so many of these forums finds it apropos to do so while hold down a job. I am willing to bet that I am on the Internet less than you are and it is quite dishonest of you to say that I am trolling these message boards when you know that I am not hopping all over the place but basically am only on one forum, but it is quite obvious that you can't stand to see anything derogatory about Muslims no matter how many innocents they are killing. Would I even be on this particular forum at the moment if my article wasn't moved over to here.

Sally, you really are a silly woman. It makes no difference whether you obsess about one forum or hop around many. Your concern about what other's do is what I find creepy since you invariably start in on their jobs, which have nothing to do with anything and which, I might add - you are as clueless about as you are about the location of Australia.

The reason it was on the forum where I basically post is because these radical Muslims are traveling from many different locations into certain areas of the Middle East to take over and establish their version of a worldwide Caliphate.

Which radical Muslims are traveling to establish their version of a "worldwide" Caliphate Sally? As far as I have heard, the only "Caliphate" is ISIS' self-proclaimed state and as far as I've seen no major Muslim groups have recognized it. In fact most denounce it as heretical.

Perhaps you can give us your opinion as to why those in the countries these nuts came from are worried that when they go bacl they will start up in these countries.

Sure, I'll give you (not "us") my opinion. I think they have good reason to be concerned and to want to keep an eye on those people when they return given that they've been exposed to radicalism and involved in mercenary fighting.

Maybe you would tell them that they have nothing to worry about, that all Muslims are just angels.

Who claimed that?

God forbifd any of us is near them if they start up in America, but Coyote will yell -- it wasn't the Muslims, it was the Hindus or the Buddhists or the Christians.

Well Sally, they've all had their share of bloody religious violence (which you would know if you bothered to read). However, in the US, it's far more likely that they will be the victims of violence than the perpetrators of violence. Remember the mass murder at the Sikh Temple? All because some whacko thought they were Muslim and hated Muslims.

However, your obsession with Muslims is duly noted.

I think that many of us realize that there are peaceful Muslims who are appalled by what these nuts are doing. However, all we seem to hear about is all those Muslim protests happening in Europe and the U.S. against Israel and nothing about the Muslims gathering en masse in any country to protest what is happening by their fellow Muslims in certain areas of the Middle East. Maybe you can start up a group in your area to start up a protest. Surely they must be sickened by all the beheadings so let them gather together and start protesting.

Who's "us" Sally? Is there more than one person inhabiting your head?

Have you ever considered, Sally,, that the reason that's all you hear in the media is:
1 - blood and violence sells in the media, peace doesn't
2 - it's all you look for

And, if you could bother to maneuver your bumm from your computer chair you would find that they certainly are sickened by all the beheadings and have been protesting and denouncing (links have previously been supplied and duly ignored by you).

Perhaps you can answer a question.

Why is it that you demand Muslims protest enmasse around the world against the behavior of extremists but you don't of Christians (who have enacted barbaric laws in Uganda, or the Lords Resistence Army in the Congo) or Buddhists (who are attacking Muslims in Myanmar). Why is it only one religion is required to do so as a world-wide entity (despite the fact that it isn't) and the others given a free pass?

No you don't.

If you think so...

Is ISIS just Wackos?

and...?

Where do you think they will come back to once they are done slaughtering their own bretren there? Who do you think they will bring with them?

Uneducated or not. They kniw what they are doing.

Yiu sure minimize that sid3.

Im done for now. You continue on in your vein.

That's fine with me. Every murderer knows what they are doing. Labeling them for what they are - extremists, whackos, doesn't minimize what they are doing, it just annoys those who would prefer to label an entire religion.

Forum List

Back