CDZ ISIS to torture US troops for information

Is torture of a US POW acceptable?

• yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
not saying that any side is the good guys Gentlemen , just saying that its time to eradicate the USA's enemies by all possible means .

Before you do that, perhaps you could ask, "who started the war?"
Given ISIS has never attacked America, perhaps you won't like the answer.
Now we realise America is the aggressive nation, would you agree, all Americans should be killed?

I suspect you will be offended by that, but you're calling for people you attacked to be slaughtered, because you attacked them.
Perhaps you might want to reconsider your post.

Don't take this as my support for ISIS as I have none, but disagree with your post for the reasons above.
Care to comment?

Sure Indofred , isis terrorists are not soldiers of any particular state , they all fight for isis and for a hoped for Caliphate . That's why I call them pirates because they aren't fighting for an established state . Mostly [I think] they are adherents to a particular sect of islam [sunni I think] and they fight for that sect . I think that isis is also an enemy of the western world simply because they are adherents to islam and they won't stop till they are stopped . isis is not creating havoc in the middle east because the USA went to war in Iraq imo . So , just my comment , correct me where you think I am wrong . ------- AND , I did some editing Indofred .

Last edited:
and to add , I call them pirate but legally they are Unlawful combatants Indofred . And according to Dick Cheney the so called torture that was done is the same torture that Elite American forces go through in training . I just heard Cheney say that !!

If ISIS capture an American soldier, would it be acceptable for them to use torture to gain information?

Is ISIS bound by the Geneva convention.

The question you ask may be the most naive I've ever read, so here's one back atcha.

Do you think ISIS cares what we think?

Last edited:
Sure Indofred , isis terrorists are not soldiers of any particular state , they all fight for isis and for a hoped for Caliphate . That's why I call them pirates because they aren't fighting for an established state . Mostly [I think] they are adherents to a particular sect of islam [sunni I think] and they fight for that sect . I think that isis is also an enemy of the western world simply because they are adherents to islam and they won't stop till they are stopped . isis is not creating havoc in the middle east because the USA went to war in Iraq imo . So , just my comment , correct me where you think I am wrong . ------- AND , I did some editing Indofred .

I believe you are wrong, in some aspects.
ISIS have no support from me, mostly because they're a bunch of murdering bastards, and the top lot seem to be making a lot of cash out of the wars.
I suspect many of the troops are religious nutters, along with brainwashed idiots, but their leaders are probably in it for the cash, power and as many women as their tongues can handle.
I know some ISIS fighter came from Indonesia, but returned less than happy when they realised what was actually happening on the ground - ie, they found out they were fighting other Muslims, not the infidel they were told they'd be fighting.
As for the enemies of the western world, probably, but you have to look at why.
ISIS was formed by a series of factors, not least being the destabilisation of the area by the Iraq war and the US promoted wish to dump Assad.
There will have been, as there is her in Indonesia, a radical element, trying to force a strict Islamic society on the whole population, but there was little chance for them to do much about getting one.
Then the Iraq war, followed by indirect attacks on Syria, removing or seriously weakening the governments, leaving a door open for the extremists.
Add the various governments arming and training 'moderate rebels', and you have a well armed, well trained group able to take over large areas of land.

Muslims in general have no care about the western world as far as attacking, destroying or taking it over goes, but Muslims tend to get very pissed off at the west attacking them.
If you don't believe me, come for a Christmas holiday to Jakarta.
I'll find a day or two to take you around so you can the welcome you'll get.
No one will try to kill you, but loads of people will invite you in for a coffee, or a meal. There are American and British flags painted onto trucks and buses, even guitars, not something a bitter enemy of America would put on his prized possession.

One last point. When the Americans rebelled against the English king, were they pirates?

If ISIS capture an American soldier, would it be acceptable for them to use torture to gain information?

The question you ask may be the most naive I've ever read, so here's one back atcha.

Is the US of A bound by the Geneva convention?
It would seem, not.

Is the US of A bound by the Geneva convention? It would seem, not.
Reciprocity...

Quid pro quo...

It's a bitch...

It would seem, not.

You do understand who is bound by that convention, Right?

Agreements only apply to those that agree. ISIS has not agreed, Right?

Reciprocity...

Quid pro quo...

It's a bitch...

There is, of course, a course of action that ends this BS, and does so quickly.

A well placed small nuke, or carpet bombing, coupled with the promise of more if the aggressors don't surrender. No need for torture then, Right?

It would seem, not.

You do understand who is bound by that convention, Right?

Agreements only apply to those that agree. ISIS has not agreed, Right?

ISIS, not being a state, have agreed to nothing as far as International law goes.
America is a state; did it sign up for the Geneva conventions and, if so, why did it use torture?

Reciprocity...

Quid pro quo...

It's a bitch...

Given America used torture before ISIS existed, perhaps you may have started the ball rolling.
Just a thought.

I find it extremely odd that people have rules about war. How can maiming and killing people one way be okay but if you move to the left and stand on your big toe its wrong? Why not just stop having wars and play a board game? It makes much better sense economically and nobody dies.

New stuff.
Bush was aware, therefore directly responsible, so should be arrested immediately and face a war crimes trial.
BBC News - President George W Bush knew everything about CIA interrogation

In the interview on Thursday, Mr Cheney said the report was "deeply flawed" and a "terrible piece of work", although he admitted he had not read the whole document.

President Bush "knew everything he needed to know, and wanted to know" about CIA interrogation, he said. "He knew the techniques... there was no effort on my part to keep it from him.

"He was fully informed."

I'm pretty sure they would, regardless of our debate over torture.

Then they would film his grisly death and post it online, and celebrate it.

Regardless of our debate.

Very probably, but at least they don't hide it, and rename it in a silly attempt to make it sound better.

Reciprocity...

Quid pro quo...

It's a bitch...

Given America used torture before ISIS existed, perhaps you may have started the ball rolling.
Just a thought.
Hardly.

ISIS is merely the latest itch or rash that the disease known as 'Militant Islam' has erupted, like an angry boil.

Muslims have been employing the torture and beheading tactics currently used by ISIS, since the early days of its 'parent' cancer, Islam.

More than a thousand years before the settlement (much less independence) of America.

Not even a 'nice try', this time.

New stuff.
Bush was aware, therefore directly responsible, so should be arrested immediately and face a war crimes trial.
BBC News - President George W Bush knew everything about CIA interrogation

In the interview on Thursday, Mr Cheney said the report was "deeply flawed" and a "terrible piece of work", although he admitted he had not read the whole document.

President Bush "knew everything he needed to know, and wanted to know" about CIA interrogation, he said. "He knew the techniques... there was no effort on my part to keep it from him.

"He was fully informed."

What country did he commit a crime against?

So many people want all ISIS fighters dead, but they don't want ISIS to kill American soldiers, neglecting to factor in, you're invading their lands.
So many people agree with the US using torture, but would consider ISIS using torture to be a war crime the should be killed for.

"invading their lands" ????? Isis owns land? from whom did the Isis people buy that land? Land ownership by PURCHASE has been a concept in the Middle east for thousands of years. Abraham PURCHASED Hebron ---
as a kind of capital and also a burial place for
jews. Iraqi jews own land in Iraq-----by PURCHASE-----
It is possible that Freddie knows some Iraq muslims that own
land by purchase--------maybe------but I doubt it----

In order to discuss "torture" one must define "torture"----
Some people consider "solitary confinement" to be "torture".
I saw the movie "BRIDGE OVER RIVER QUAI" (spelling?)
as a small child-----I was horrified---solitary confinement was
a kind of metal box in the hot sun and no food or water. I was willing to believe that a jailed person was being tortured
when he said that they put him in "solitary"-----so I went to see. "solitary" in the brig------was a jail cell-----sorta right
in the midst of things.-------the prisoner sitting on his bed having meals----and reading stuff from the frequently passing book and magazine cart and chatting with people who passed by. ok---he missed playing games in the recreation area-----but its still called "solitary" and the sentence read
"two months at hard labor"------none of those guys did nuthin'.
Before I accept a charge of "torture" I want to see just what
the "torture" really is. --------rehydration during a hunger strike by rectal infusion is a LOT MORE COMFORTABLE THAN AN NG (nasogastric) TUBE. Anyone ---who has ever inserted a naso gastric tube knows that it LOOKS LIKE
TORTURE--------as a little kid I considered rectal thermometers----to be TORTURE-----my mom did not
I was not impressed

It is not "acceptable" for ISIS to capture an American soldier in the first place. We are (or should be) at war with them.

Forum List

Back