Is torture of a US POW acceptable?

• yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
I

Indofred

If ISIS capture an American soldier, would it be acceptable for them to use torture to gain information?

I have no problem torturing the enemy isis terrorists for information , not for fun . I also say that the USA should take no prisoners of isis terrorists , no med aid for them either .

but yeah [as answer to the question] ,it is unacceptable to torture USA soldiers . Course for isis there are no rules even if they had signed some silly Geneva convention .

I have no problem torturing the enemy isis terrorists for information , not for fun . I also say that the USA should take no prisoners of isis terrorists , no med aid for them either .

but yeah [as answer to the question] ,it is unacceptable to torture USA soldiers . Course for isis there are no rules even if they had signed some silly Geneva convention .

And, as usual, you're in favor of throwing out the Constitution AND the Geneva Convention.

How did radical RWs get to be so damn dumb and so utterly un-American?

Gosh, if we just show ISIS a little empathy, understanding, and respect I'm sure they'll not torture our guys or cut off any more heads.

:puke3:

Mind what you wish for.

So many different aircraft over Syria now, a mid air collision or a dogfight over miscommunication with either Syrian or Israeli pilots could drop a US pilot or two in ISIS territory any day now.

With PC, it may very well be US military females they get their hands on.

We have no business there, it is time to leave and let them sort it out.

Muslims killing Muslims in the name of Mohammed have no time to bother us.

I don't think that USA military females should be in war zones but that really doesn't matter because if they are there they are simply military volunteers . Course I do hope that females in particular aren't captured Roadrunner . isis is a buncha terrorists , isis is like pirates rather than a nations military . Geneva convention has nothing to do with the USA Constitution Luddley !! And isis has never signed the old 'gc' and as they behead and shoot Christians or Yazidis or different types of muslim they pay no attention to the ' gc ' or any other rules of war .

So many people want all ISIS fighters dead, but they don't want ISIS to kill American soldiers, neglecting to factor in, you're invading their lands.
So many people agree with the US using torture, but would consider ISIS using torture to be a war crime the should be killed for.

Should members of the CIA that use torture or randomly murder civilians be killed?

The point being, you can't claim one side is evil, thus torture is acceptable, whilst claiming you're the good guys, so torture against your people is not acceptable.

In my humble opinion, both sides have used torture, and the responsible on both sides should face trial and punishment.

isis has no lands although I think that they have claimed some lands Indofred . They are pirates on land as far as I can tell . isis follows no rules as far as I can tell and deserve nothing other than eradication . As far as killing USA soldiers [I expect that] . The USA should loosen up and get to the work of total destruction of isis .

So many people want all ISIS fighters dead, but they don't want ISIS to kill American soldiers, neglecting to factor in, you're invading their lands.
So many people agree with the US using torture, but would consider ISIS using torture to be a war crime the should be killed for.

Should members of the CIA that use torture or randomly murder civilians be killed?

The point being, you can't claim one side is evil, thus torture is acceptable, whilst claiming you're the good guys, so torture against your people is not acceptable.

In my humble opinion, both sides have used torture, and the responsible on both sides should face trial and punishment.
Worst example of Moral Relativism I've seen in quite some time.

isis has no lands although I think that they have claimed some lands Indofred . They are pirates on land as far as I can tell . isis follows no rules as far as I can tell and deserve nothing other than eradication . As far as killing USA soldiers [I expect that] . The USA should loosen up and get to the work of total destruction of isis .

I dislike ISIS for many reasons, but that doesn't mean they're any worse than the American CIA when they torture and murder people.
Frankly, I see little difference between the two, save one has better PR people.

“The point being, you can't claim one side is evil, thus torture is acceptable, whilst claiming you're the good guys, so torture against your people is not acceptable.”

Then your point is moot unless you can cite an objective, documented, and official American source declaring torture to be a sanctioned component of US interrogation policy, and that torture is currently being conducted by American intelligence officials, or those contracted to do so.

“The point being, you can't claim one side is evil, thus torture is acceptable, whilst claiming you're the good guys, so torture against your people is not acceptable.”

Then your point is moot unless you can cite an objective, documented, and official American source declaring torture to be a sanctioned component of US interrogation policy, and that torture is currently being conducted by American intelligence officials, or those contracted to do so.

It's all in the news at the moment.
Documented torture at US black sites.
I'm pretty sure I don't have to link to that.

Actually, I will link, just so you can see what your CIA has been up to.
Rectal rehydration and broken limbs the grisliest findings in the CIA torture report US news The Guardian

Detainees were forced to stand on broken limbs for hours, kept in complete darkness, deprived of sleep for up to 180 hours, sometimes standing, sometimes with their arms shackled above their heads.

Prisoners were subjected to “rectal feeding” without medical necessity. Rectal exams were conducted with “excessive force”. The report highlights one prisoner later diagnosed with anal fissures, chronic hemorrhoids and “symptomatic rectal prolapse”.

The report mentions mock executions, Russian roulette. US agents threatened to slit the throat of a detainee’s mother, sexually abuse another and threatened prisoners’ children. One prisoner died of hypothermia brought on in part by being forced to sit on a bare concrete floor without pants.

Question is, after that lot, can anyone condemn ISIS for what they do?

I, being innocent, can do so, and I will, but I also condemn the CIA and American governments during the time the torture was taking place.
The lot, right to the top (Including the Presidents of those times) should be arrested immediately and dragged into court.
Murder and torture are crimes, and the presidents who allowed this to happen are just as guilty.

not saying that any side is the good guys Gentlemen , just saying that its time to eradicate the USA's enemies by all possible means .

remember Dresden Germany , Hiroshima and Nagasaki Japan as examples of what happened when the USA fought war properly Gents !!

How easy it is to forget that even those who frighten us are human. Some self-evident truths, as they say, follow from the latter.

How easily lessons learned centuries ago are being unlearned in times of heightened alert, such as this one:

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.​

How we treat those under our complete controls defines, and demonstrates for the world to see, more than anything else, who we really are, no matter the "we" in question. Moreover, if the object is to defeat ISIS, our first aim should be that our own actions provide no cause for new recruits to join this organisation. In that light, torture, mass killings, or wanton destruction of their livelihoods should be easily recognised as self-defeating.

Any simplistic notion that we could, once and for all, without resorting to atrocities even this world has not yet seen, stamp out threats emerging somewhere from a population of about 1.5 billion, judges itself.

Forum List

Back