ISIS destroys another Temple in Syria

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
(CNN) One of the most culturally significant pieces of architecture in the world has been destroyed, the United Nations said on Monday.

The U.N. training and research agency released satellite images and analysis that confirmed the Temple of Bel -- which for nearly 2,000 years has been the center of religious life in Palmyra, Syria -- was no longer standing, despite conflicting reports earlier in the day that it was not fully demolished.

UNOSAT Manager Einar Bjorgo said he could "confirm destruction of the main building of the Temple of Bel as well as a row of columns in its immediate vicinity."

150901092600-bel-temple-satellite-destroyed-exlarge-169.jpg

A satellite image confirms the destruction of the main building of the Temple of Bel, as well as a row of columns in its immediate vicinity.

He said there was an explosion Sunday inside the walls of the Temple of Bel, and while the extent of the damage was not yet known at the time, witnesses reported the walls were still standing. He called the site "the most important temple in Syria and one of the most important in the whole Middle East."

150831195610-temple-of-bel-in-syria-exlarge-169.jpg

A satellite image of the Temple of Bel before its destruction.

ISIS destroys Temple of Bel in Palmyra, Syria - CNN.com

This is indeed a terrible crime.

Does the OP have anything to say on the matter?

I noticed this muzbot douchebag seems to love his parasite cult brothers so much, but isn't in a hurry to go join their efforts.

I wonder why.

'Fun' and 'loving' are two words I would never use to describe those monsters. Perhaps you find them whimsical and charming but I sure as hell don't.
The ancient temple was on their land in their country......so I assume they have the freedom to do whatever they want with their property. ... :cool:

'Fun' and 'loving' are two words I would never use to describe those monsters. Perhaps you find them whimsical and charming but I sure as hell don't.
The ancient temple was on their land in their country......so I assume they have the freedom to do whatever they want with their property. ... :cool:

good point-------I have three copies of the koran in my house----my property. There are mosques in my town. I was here long before the mosques were. There is a big mosque in
Jewish Jerusalem. Soon war will break out between Iranian forces in Yemen and Saudi arabia--------when the IDF gets called into the fray and they take Medina (the erstwhile Yathrib) -------there will be all kinds of stuff to PARTY UPON

I think it's comical watching the UN and it's western supporters become grief stricken over a pile of rubble.. ..... :cool:

Keep laughing ------there is a golden dome that will soon be air lifted to the Negev desert -----inverted and transformed into a giant punch bowl-------its going to be a REAL PARTY. I will add a bottle of TEQUILLA ----AS A DELICIOUS TOUCH OF AMERICANA

Forum List

Back