CDZ Is using drug similar with religions?

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
Say you have a strange belief. You believe that Thor, Zeus, or Allah, told you to kill infidels, jews, blacks, bla bla.

It is your right.

Say, because of those beliefs, you mass murder many people.

That is a big problem. You go to jail. However, in many western countries, including US, you are free to think how you wish. You are free to promote your belief. It's freedom of speech.

Now, imagine if instead of believing in Thor, Zeus, or Allah, you take some MDMA. Basically rather than putting bullshit into your brain, you put some neurotransmitters instead.

How many people have been killed because of ganja, MDMA, LSD, etc? At most 10-20 a year.

What about, if government treat drugs like they treat religions.

It's your brain. Do whatever you want. As long as you don't shoot somebody it's no body business?

Yet drugs, are often dealt with harshly. Government employee are tested for drug uses. Those who fail cannot be politicians. Imagine if muslims are underrepresented in congress due to active discrimination like that? There will be an outrage.

So why Ganja users are different?

Again, if they do something harmful, be it to themselves to other, they have to suffer some consequences. If because of drug uses they become poor, let them starve to death (consistently with any non drug users that also keep failing).

Why neurotransmitters, which are really what most of our thoughts are made off, not treated as religion? Why you have right to believe really really crazy stuffs but not doing reasonable recreational activity?

"How many people have been killed because of ganja, MDMA, LSD, etc? At most 10-20 a year."

I may need some definitions before we continue.

By killed by, do you mean nationwide and under what circumstances?

Are we including heroin in the etc?

There are things worse than death.

I've seen people lose their minds, or develop severe emotional issues because of drugs like MDMA, LSD, THC, etc. I assume you're talking about drugs other than narcotics. And I'm pretty sure people OD on MDMA at raves all the time.

Some family members of mine were hippies back in the sixty's. Most of them died young, some have since gone insane, and some suffered weird effects like having LSD flashbacks at random. Just sitting outside on the lawn for hours, tripping on acid without even having taken it again.

I once worked as a caregiver. Had a job for a guy in his thirties who couldn't take care of himself because he did so much weed/wax, acid, ecstasy, shrooms, etc. from the time he was a young teenager. He was schizoaffective/bi-polar/OCD/PTSD. Extreme paranoid. Severe anger issues.

I used to smoke a lot of weed, drink, and do softer drugs from time to time. I thought it was fine. I was young, dumb, and reckless. It ruined my life beyond recognition. Screwed me up in ways that I will never quite recover from. And I never even did narcotics - cocaine once, that's all. Did psilocybin mushrooms once, and MDMA once. Other then that, just tons of weed and alcohol. Wish I had never started. I'm sober now, but had to go through hell to get here. And hell still follows me around.

I do, however, agree with you that government should let people do as they wish. It's not anyone's place to control another. Making things legal removes the black market and much associated crime.

Is using drug similar with religions?

No...People concocted religion on their own.

I don't know...maybe they were on really good drugs when they invented religions and then decided "everyone else" also should buy into their religion, curiously and often enough on pain of death for not doing so....You know, this "good drugs" idea is looking better and better....

Yes...People seem as addicted to their faith based belief systems as they are to drugs.

Forum List

Back