CDZ Can You Answer These Questions?

Robo

Rookie
Mar 6, 2017
Being a Navy vet myself, I have to wonder about what I’m seeing from the Trump agenda concerning a rebuild of the military.

I’ve ask this question several times in the past without any satisfactory answers coming from anyone on a political forum, old Navy vet friends, or letters to my congress critters. Why does America have and keep consistently in commission 11 nuclear powered aircraft carriers and sometimes just 10 in commission and now Trump is calling for a 12 nuclear carrier Navy and a whole new class of nuke carriers?

As far as I can determine, the rest of the world combined only has 2 nuclear powered aircraft carriers, one in China and France has one. Why the American overkill?

Why aren’t the multi-billion dollar nuclear carriers simply sitting ducks in a world of highly technological weaponry?

As far as I know, it takes at least a dozen other ships just to protect the carrier and it takes over 2000 crew mwmbers for a single carrier.

What in hell is “conservative” about a dozen nuclear powered aircraft carriers?

Well off hand sometimes issues crop up in different places at the same time. Carriers are protected with planes among other things so I'm not so sure they are easy to knock out. But I don't run the Navy so don't have all the low down. Semper Paratus.

Being a Navy vet myself, I have to wonder about what I’m seeing from the Trump agenda concerning a rebuild of the military.

I’ve ask this question several times in the past without any satisfactory answers coming from anyone on a political forum, old Navy vet friends, or letters to my congress critters. Why does America have and keep consistently in commission 11 nuclear powered aircraft carriers and sometimes just 10 in commission and now Trump is calling for a 12 nuclear carrier Navy and a whole new class of nuke carriers?

As far as I can determine, the rest of the world combined only has 2 nuclear powered aircraft carriers, one in China and France has one. Why the American overkill?

Why aren’t the multi-billion dollar nuclear carriers simply sitting ducks in a world of highly technological weaponry?

As far as I know, it takes at least a dozen other ships just to protect the carrier and it takes over 2000 crew mwmbers for a single carrier.

What in hell is “conservative” about a dozen nuclear powered aircraft carriers?
Since the USSR has been reduced to Russia , the US has now had to pick up the slack for other countries who never contributed to the defense of their nations. With Nuclear powered Aircraft Carriers, they can go farther when needed.
Since the event of Aircraft Carriers, the main reason for their protection is their Aircraft. Since technology has gotten better , so has the defenses of the Carriers also.
So what do you want, to put these guys out of business and put on welfare so they don't protect the US but sit back like a liberal and whine and moan they don't have personal satisfaction.

Cost war on poverty
The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history. Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion - NCPA

aircraft-carrier_00397059.jpg
By the way if you don't have a military to defend your country then there is no country left to defend....Bet you didn't know that did you?

USA military , all branches should be immensely strong . And that means Stronger than it now is . As far as your critique on Carriers and the protection they need because carriers are sitting ducks , I'll let military planners and smart tactical guys and the Presiden and his advisors make that decision Robo .

US Navy has 37% of the naval power in the World.

It needs to have a 100% naval power in the World.
upload_2017-3-6_11-48-0.png

Thanks folks for responding to my first post here.

I'll simply have to ask now, why is America the world's sucker and protector of ALL of the sea lanes? Where's our so-called allies? Why shouldn't they be supplying at least half of the sea lane protection, like 6 of the carriers if they really are necessary?

What about our 20 trillion $ national debt and crumbling infrastructure?

I'll give you this.

if you want peace , prepare for war . ------------- And here in the USA , at least in red flyover America it is pretty peaceful . I just want an immensely strong USA military so as to keep the Fureign rabble in line through fear and trepidation Robo . [its like carrying a big stick]

...Why does America have and keep consistently in commission 11 nuclear powered aircraft carriers and sometimes just 10 in commission...?...What in hell is “conservative” about a dozen nuclear powered aircraft carriers?
You're absolutely right, Why!

[the understanding being here is that you're posing rhetorical questions and you're not interested in gaining new information because you've already made up your mind about this...]

USA military , all branches should be immensely strong . And that means Stronger....
--and apparently it's weaker every day:

December 30, 2016 No US carrier at sea leaves gap in Middle East
No US carrier at sea leaves gap in Middle East

Jan 1, 2017 For The First Time Since World War II, No US Carriers Are Deployed Anywher
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...i-no-us-carriers-are-deployed-anywhere-worlde In The World

Feb 2, 2017 Where are the Carriers? ...no American aircraft carriers deployed at sea anywhere in the world.
Where are the Carriers?
:​

Last edited:
...Why does America have and keep consistently in commission 11 nuclear powered aircraft carriers and sometimes just 10 in commission...?...What in hell is “conservative” about a dozen nuclear powered aircraft carriers?

[the understanding being here is that you're posing rhetorical questions and you're not interested in gaining new information because you've already made up your mind about this...]
Why do some people in the elite government want to keep people enslaved to the government with entitlements like welfare and Medicaid? Isnt it better to employ people in the defense of this country while giving those who employed skills that they can use when they finally leave their service? Cant wait for the lefts answer...

This is why China is eating our lunch.

While the U.S. is spending hundred's of billions of dollars to go around the world kicking down the doors of farmers in Afghanistan and Iraq, and drone bomb people in Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, and other countries.

China is peacefully going all over Africa and S. America building hospitals and schools. And in return, securing long term contracts and land leases for the mining of rare earth minerals and energy resources worth untold billions of dollars.. .... :cool:

Last edited:
The idea is we can project power across the globe without the agreement of many allies. At this time Russia and China can not do so in this hemisphere or too far from home in their own. The Chinese are not maintaining tens of thousands of troops on this side of the world and have not invaded a Central American country every decade or so. Not saying Korea, Vietman, Iraq and Afghanistan were bad decisiions, just that the Chinese can not project that power to Panama or Grenada like we have in Asia.

Do we need another carrier or three? The answer lies in what degree you want to project power.

There is some humor in finding ppl who picked on "Obama's deficit" but could care less about deficits ran in the name of defense spending.

There is even more fun in writing off the partisan hacks who complained the stimulus plans created zero jobs while defense spending creates jobs.

So there is the silver lining of exposing the cheer leaders for one party or the other.

USA military , all branches should be immensely strong . And that means Stronger....
--and apparently it's weaker every day:

December 30, 2016 No US carrier at sea leaves gap in Middle East
No US carrier at sea leaves gap in Middle East

Jan 1, 2017 For The First Time Since World War II, No US Carriers Are Deployed Anywher
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...i-no-us-carriers-are-deployed-anywhere-worlde In The World

Feb 2, 2017 Where are the Carriers? ...no American aircraft carriers deployed at sea anywhere in the world.
Where are the Carriers?
:​
------------------------------- thankyou mrobama and that's the reason for ALL branches of the USA the military to be rebuilt Expat .

Last edited:
Carriers are needed in threes to get the maintenance they need (@1/3 of the time) and under Obama they did not get. As to number I do not have the data too calculate that.

if you want peace , prepare for war . ------------- And here in the USA , at least in red flyover America it is pretty peaceful . I just want an immensely strong USA military so as to keep the Fureign rabble in line through fear and trepidation Robo . [its like carrying a big stick]

How'd the preparing for unending war work out for the Roman Empire?

It looks to me that there are no rational answers in opposition to the OP here. I'm not at all surprised. 4 other political forums can't either.

---------------- that was THEN and this is NOW Robo

It worked very well so long as the Romans were actively involved in their conquests. However, as the Roman Senate became ever more corrupt, and the citizenry went ever more on the Dole, then, and only then did the Roman Republic first, then Empire collapse. And they lasted for centuries longer than the USA has. So I would say they did pretty damned good.

It looks to me that there are no rational answers in opposition to the OP here. I'm not at all surprised. 4 other political forums can't either.
--

--------------------------------------- whats RATIONAL ?? Do you think that we all go by your definition of Rational eh ?? Rational is a matter of Opinion and you just don't like some peoples Opinions Robo .

Forum List

Back