Is this true? You make the call.

I listened to a lawyer speak and this is what he said....

If a city demolishes a police force, the city falls under the jurisdiction of the County Sheriff. If the state police are demolished it’s the same thing, but they are entire state. So, each city, each demolition must equal this....Each county Sheriff then has 100% jurisdiction over the whole county.

A Sheriff is elected by the county, not the state or appointed in any way.

If true, what now?
:eusa_doh:
No one is trying to eliminate the police altogether, dope.

Keep demonizing the the police and see if they show up. The dope was the one who used the language to defund or eliminate the police.

If a city demolishes a police force, the city falls under the jurisdiction of the County Sheriff. If the state police are demolished it’s the same thing, but they are entire state. So, each city, each demolition must equal this....Each county Sheriff then has 100% jurisdiction over the whole county.

If true, what now?

Keep demonizing the the police and see if they show up. The dope was the one who used the language to defund or eliminate the police.

Demonizing?
Oh...you mean talking about their unnecessary brutality and the need for reforms.

You don't see a chronic problem and a need for reform?

If true, what now?

Demonizing?
Oh...you mean talking about their unnecessary brutality and the need for reforms.

Yep. I agree that sometimes bad things happen. But facts and reality are not on your side. When I say yes, a cop or a few cops that go too far need to go, you say great. When I say not all are like that at all, you say no. When I say, let’s add the black on black crime also that will help stop violence, you say what?, nothing. It is proven that democrats run inner cities and have for years.
The widespread problem that police brutality runs rampant is a joke.
If others say listen to us maybe we can help, and you write them off because you are told they are all whatever people tell you they are, you keep yourself and community down.

If city leaders say the same thing about the other side, your cause is a lost cause. They need to drop the militant blackness look at us mentality. So, listen to Rev. Al Sharpton so he can get paid to go on TV and continues the blame game.

Puuuuhhhhlllleeeaasssss

If true, what now?

Demonizing?

Yep. I agree that sometimes bad things happen. But facts and reality are not on your side. When I say yes, a cop or a few cops that go too far need to go, you say great. When I say not all are like that at all, you say no. When I say, let’s add the black on black crime also that will help stop violence, you say what?, nothing. It is proven that democrats run inner cities and have for years.
If others say listen to us maybe we can help, and you write them off because you are told they are all whatever people tell you they are, you keep yourself and community down.

If city leaders say the same thing about the other side, your cause is a lost cause. They need to drop the militant blackness look at us mentality. So, listen to Rev. Al Sharpton so he can get paid to go on TV and continues the blame game.

Puuuuhhhhlllleeeaasssss
We aren't talking about black crime. The issue at hand is police brutality and misconduct, dope. Two separate things.

This is a chronic problem in America in case you hadn't noticed. Nothing changes because nothing can change as long as the police have immunity and unions to protect them. It's almost impossible to get rid of those " few bad apples". Police are public employees. They work for the public, not the unions. The public and their elected officials should decide how the police interact with rheir community. Not the union.

If true, what now?

Demonizing?

Puuuuhhhhlllleeeaasssss
We aren't talking about black crime. The issue at hand is police brutality and misconduct, dope. Two separate things.

This is a chronic problem in America in case you hadn't noticed. Nothing changes because nothing can change as long as the police have immunity and unions to protect them. It's almost impossible to get rid of those " few bad apples". Police are public employees. They work for the public, not the unions. The public and their elected officials should decide how the police interact with rheir community. Not the union.
Unions suck all around. We can agree on that, maybe.

If true, what now?

Demonizing?

Puuuuhhhhlllleeeaasssss

Great. So how do municipalities get out from under them short of disbanding the force and starting over?

If true, what now?

Demonizing?

Puuuuhhhhlllleeeaasssss

But when you say ALL LIVES MATTER you can get destroyed. Why? This problem is not just African Americans. And the reforms needed were known many years ago. Many cities and areas many tines formed committees when there were grievances between Black people and police. They on those committees, got paid off real good. Now, it is important. One of the reforms needed is a site or sites so that people can log complaints over a period of a few decades against any police/corrections/judicial abuses and justice to come from it. That include employees who passed messages along to cause trouble. If it includes not just public employees and private employees in places of business to abuse a citizen, then drag them in also. We have a long way to go. Get the baby food!

If true, what now?
If true it just echos what I’ve already told you knuckle heads across multiple threads. None of you defund fans are ever going to evict LEO from your community. All you will succeed in doing is eliminating any control your municipality has over LEO...

Last edited:

If true, what now?

Demonizing?

Puuuuhhhhlllleeeaasssss

Great. So how do municipalities get out from under them short of disbanding the force and starting over?
That is a hard question to answer in all honesty. But, they need some support also. So, leaders of the unions may be the start. I really don’t know.

If true, what now?
It is not true. This really stupid lawyer knows that some communities have disbanded their own police forces to contract with the county sheriff to provide those services. Absent a contract and money changing hands, the sheriff has no obligation to show up. They won't.
No LEO has an obligation to show up. But given such a circumstance occurring that sheriff would be replaced with one who will. Sheriffs are elected officials.

If true, what now?

Demonizing?

Where and how does reforming to eradicating brutality equate with defunding or eliminating the police??

Forum List

Back