Is this terror?

So Hezbollah are terrorists?

Let me get this straight...Hezbollah (the terrorists) defeated the Israeli Army not once, but twice?

Are you sure you don't want to change that terrorist label to something else?

Take your time...

Hezbollah never defeated the Israeli Army, wake up.:cuckoo:

Barking moonbat alert.

You are a fucking retard, if Hezbollah won anything they would be sitting in Tel Aviv right now instituting Sharia law.

Terrorist are defined by a minority of a given population waging terror to further their political position on the opposition and own people. So, is hezbollah, which is a minority, funded by those outside their country, an army? You have got to be wearing blinders, why else would they hide behind human shields and attack their own as well? They are nothing more than militant terrorist pawns of Iran.

Perhaps you should ask the people of Lebanon what they think instead of scribbling out the latest Hasbara talking points from AIPAC and the IDF?

Just asking.

Following on from a few other threads where the subject of terror has arisen, I thought it might be interesting to consider whether any kind of terror attack can ever be acceptable.

To my way of thinking, no attack against civilian targets is ever acceptable for any reason.

I am also opposed to most attacks against government buildings, such as the 9/11 strike on the Pentagon, the King David Hotel bombing, etc, because I think most of the casualties often end up being civilians as well.

But what about resistance against oppression?

Here's one case I often think of - that of Max Manus...his attacks would fit most peoples definition of terror, but was he really evil?

Max Manus, a Norwegian resistance leader whose Oslo Gang sank so many German warships, blew up so many German planes and kept Norwegian spirits so high during the Nazi occupation in World War II that he became a national hero, died on Friday, The Associated Press reported. He was 81.

Once he and a countryman had parachuted safely into the countryside outside Oslo and been supplied with hundreds of pounds of explosives and other provisions in follow-up air drops, there was hardly a day that the Germans did not feel their sting.

Although his chief target was German shipping in the Oslo harbor, Mr. Manus, who sometimes spent days under stinking piers waiting for cargo ships to tie up and who claimed even a battleship among his prizes, blew up virtually any German military or industrial target he encountered, including more than 100 German warplanes.

Max Manus, 81, Dies - Fought Nazis in Occupied Norway - Obituary; Biography - NYTimes.com

The man was a hero as were the US Army underwater demolition teams who took out German war ships in North Africa during WW II.

You are a fucking retard, if Hezbollah won anything they would be sitting in Tel Aviv right now instituting Sharia law.

That's strange...I thought the site was called USmessageboard, not Chicken-twirler-living-in-a-kibbutzboard.

My mistake.

Wow another anti Semetic terrorist loving faggot, how original. :rolleyes:

That sounds pretty bad. Can I appeal the sentence? is it all over for me?

By the way Shlomo, what exactly is a "semite?"

That's strange...I thought the site was called USmessageboard, not Chicken-twirler-living-in-a-kibbutzboard.

My mistake.

I'm not even Jewish you cock smoker, there you go you just exposed yourself for the typical anti semetic terrorist asshole licking douchebag you are.:clap2:

I'm not even Jewish you cock smoker, there you go you just exposed yourself for the typical anti semetic terrorist asshole licking douchebag you are.:clap2:

Does this mean we're not double-dating this weekend?

The man was a hero as were the US Army underwater demolition teams who took out German war ships in North Africa during WW II.

I think so, too.

I can't imagine the balls someone must have to dive in foreign waters and place mines on a ship - knowing at every minute that if you are caught by the Nazis, you are dead.

But I guess if the Nazis had won the war and I'd grown up speaking German I might have seen the word "terrorist" used quite a lot in my school history books to describe these guys.

A quote of Arte's from another thread....

I just don't see the Norwegian resistance movement as being evil terrorists. I think they were defending their homes and families from Nazi oppression. I think they were right to do so.

According to the Nazis they were terrorists, thats all a matter of perspective.

Saigon feels that the terrorist attacks against US military personnel in the Middle East are legitimate and can't be considered as terrorism.

Siagon is a communit run enity what is your point. Putin has alread put Obama in his place and Putin call the shots in Siagon as well as Russia.

Does this mean we're not double-dating this weekend?

What that means is you are going to open your mouth so I can piss right on your tonsils.:piss2:

Asia Times

How Hezbollah defeated Israel

By Alastair Crooke and Mark Perry
(Oct, '06)

PART 1
The intelligence war
The Israeli government violated the first principle of war - it showed contempt for its enemy, Hezbollah, and the resulting intelligence failure during its July campaign was catastrophic. It meant that, after the inability of Israel's air campaign to degrade Hezbollah assets in the first 72 hours of the war, a decisive victory for Israel became highly unlikely. This left Israel with no alternative but to invade Lebanon with ground troops in the hope of destroying Hezbollah's will to prevail.

PART 2
The ground war
Israel's call up of reservists was the first clear sign that its air strikes against Hezbollah had not been successful. Then came false claims of towns captured and battles won, and the indiscriminate use of cluster munitions. By any accounting - whether in rockets, armored vehicles or numbers of dead and wounded - Hezbollah scored a decisive military and political victory.

PART 3
The political war
The aftermath of the Israel-Hezbollah war will be felt for years, not months, and has redrawn the political map throughout the Middle East, not just in Israel and Lebanon. And the upshot of it all is that if and when the US attacks Iran, it will lose.

Asia Times Online : The Naked Hegemon

(apologies to HighGravity, the article wasn't available in Hebrew)

Asia Times

How Hezbollah defeated Israel

By Alastair Crooke and Mark Perry
(Oct, '06)

PART 1
The intelligence war
The Israeli government violated the first principle of war - it showed contempt for its enemy, Hezbollah, and the resulting intelligence failure during its July campaign was catastrophic. It meant that, after the inability of Israel's air campaign to degrade Hezbollah assets in the first 72 hours of the war, a decisive victory for Israel became highly unlikely. This left Israel with no alternative but to invade Lebanon with ground troops in the hope of destroying Hezbollah's will to prevail.

PART 2
The ground war
Israel's call up of reservists was the first clear sign that its air strikes against Hezbollah had not been successful. Then came false claims of towns captured and battles won, and the indiscriminate use of cluster munitions. By any accounting - whether in rockets, armored vehicles or numbers of dead and wounded - Hezbollah scored a decisive military and political victory.

PART 3
The political war
The aftermath of the Israel-Hezbollah war will be felt for years, not months, and has redrawn the political map throughout the Middle East, not just in Israel and Lebanon. And the upshot of it all is that if and when the US attacks Iran, it will lose.

Asia Times Online : The Naked Hegemon

(apologies to HighGravity, the article wasn't available in Hebrew)

:bsflag:

I think so, too.

I can't imagine the balls someone must have to dive in foreign waters and place mines on a ship - knowing at every minute that if you are caught by the Nazis, you are dead.

But I guess if the Nazis had won the war and I'd grown up speaking German I might have seen the word "terrorist" used quite a lot in my school history books to describe these guys.
Dad was a pretty normal kind of guy. Didn't look like a hero to anyone but me.

Dad was a pretty normal kind of guy. Didn't look like a hero to anyone but me.

I'm sure.

My Dad was in WWII as well, and it didn't mean a lot to me until I went to places like Birkenau and the Soviet Union and realised what he'd fought against, and why.

Why are the terrorists in Syria called freedom fighters?

Why did the US once refer to the Taliban as freedom fighters but now call them terrorists?

I don't get it.

The US never referred to the Taliban as freedom fighters. The taliban are not the same as the mujahedeen who fought the Russians. The Talibaqn emerged later and fought against the mujahedeen.

Why are the terrorists in Syria called freedom fighters?

Why did the US once refer to the Taliban as freedom fighters but now call them terrorists?

I don't get it.

With the Syrian opposition it's hard to know right now if they are people we should be supporting or not.

In fairness to the US government, the Taliban seemed like a force determined to throw the Soviets out, and I think most of us suported that goal - it's just a shame the US government didn't check out what kind of people they were first.

Again you are demonstrating your total ignorance. The US never supported the Taliban and the Taliban never fought the Russians. The Taliban emerged after the fight against the Russians to fight the mujahedeen.

He was fighting on behalf of the legitimate government

According to who?

The Quisling government was the legal government of Norway - and this guy fought against them.

(I'll read your responses on this thread, because I think that's only fair since I quoted you)

Why do you always keep lying? First of all, for most of World War II there wasn't a Quisling government (you need to know something about history if you're going to talk about it). Secondly, the legitimate Norwegian government representing the Norwegian state remained in existence in exile.

Forum List

Back