Is this really the type of information you care enough about to want your POTUS/WH to highlight?

Watch this video and then read the rest of the post.

No policy making discussion. Was there a noteworthy action the President took between the 20th and and 21st?
Spicer opens his press conference not with the most important things going on in Trumps recent schedule -- signing executive orders, upcoming meetings with foreign leaders, etc. -- but with ranting about "soft news" coverage of the inauguration: crowd size, grass and ground coverings, minor redecorating in the Oval office, and artwork. Really? Content better suited to an op-ed on "Page 6" is what the White House thinks is important enough to call in reporters and discuss?

The fact is that the press will say whatever it wants to say; they have freedom of speech rights too. More importantly, however, the press will talk about whatever the president is talking about. Why on earth does Trump insist on making something out of nothing?

Crowd Size:
As for Spicer's claims about the crowd size, well, judge for yourself. (click the photos for the related articles)

2009 Obama Inauguration on the left and Trump's inauguration on the right. (Time magazine)

Trump on the left and Obama 2009 on the right (The Telegraph)

B. Scott

PBS

If the 750K people it'd take to reach Trump's claim of a million people in attendance for his inauguration showed up after 12 noon, well, guess what, they missed the inauguration. Say what you want, but that's that's more people "late to the party" than one can reasonably assume just were late. You see, if at nine a.m. one commenced to walk from the far northwestern corner of DC to the National Mall, one would get there before 11:30 with time to spare, and nobody in their right mind would have thought they could drive on down to The Mall and park.

Snopes

a17.jpg

Vox

What about the inaugural parade?

Josh Rogin

Evening Standard

Associated Press

Mediate (there's live video there too)

parade-routeedited.jpg

C2ojRFrXcAIVyIA.jpg

C2oD83uXcAM21Gd.jpg

I suppose the crowds were "photoshopped" out of the bleachers? Not. You can watch the parade on video here. Watch it. It's CSPAN coverage. I can assure you that if there were a million people even in the vicinity of The Mall, that route would not look that empty.

For comparison, here is a shot of the crowd for the 2009 inaugural parade.

GettyImages_84379237_1_.jpg

The mall with no crowds

latinos-for-trump-5486-635x400.jpg

54ca7eca2ac5d_-_inauguration_sec2_470_0109.jpg

Other large events on the national Mall:

Million Man March on the left and the 20th anniversary rally to commemorate it on the right

4E8DBE1F-1C5A-4506-943C-11354D6017F1_cx0_cy3_cw0_w987_r1_s_r1.jpg

1997 Promise Keeper's rally

promisekeepers.jpg

millionmanmarch.jpg

Here's some discussion that can put the whole thing in perspective.

Here are the widely cited estimates for recent inaugurations:
  • President Bill Clinton, 1993: 800,000 people
  • President Bill Clinton, 1997: 250,000 people
  • President George W. Bush, 2001: 300,000 people
  • President George W. Bush, 2005: 400,000 people
  • President Barack Obama, 2009: 1.8 million people
  • President Barack Obama, 2013: 1 million people
Just looking at the pictures, I don't see anything that resembles millions of people on The Mall for Trump's inauguration.​
MLK Artwork:
Trump is right. The reporter for Time magazine made an error. The White House said Trump never removed the King bust from the Oval Office. The error about the bust was first transmitted in a pool report distributed among reporters. The White House often uses a pool system when not all reporters who want to attend an event can be accommodated in a space.

At 7:30 p.m., reporter Zeke Miller wrote a pool report saying, “The MLK bust was no longer on display.” Once Miller realized his error, an update was sent to the pool. “The MLK bust remains in the Oval Office, in addition to the Churchill bust, per a WH aide. It was apparently obscured by a door and an agent during the spray. Your pool offers sincerest apologies.”

Miller also corrected the error on Twitter, and Time magazine corrected its story based on his report. “Correction: An earlier version of the story said that a bust of Martin Luther King had been moved. It is still in the Oval Office,” it reads.
It is worth noting that unlike Donald Trump, credible people and organizations simply admit their were wrong/mistaken and move on. That is a mark of integrity and character that eludes Trump.

And in truly irrelevant news....
Whose suit did Sean Spicer borrow to deliver his press conference? Surely the RNC paid him enough that he could afford a property fitted suit.

maxresdefault.jpg

sean.jpg
How many times do I have to tell you fools this:
Conservatives WORK.
Liberals don't.
Thus more leftists attend leftist gatherings.
Dumfucks.
in other words; cronies have jobs, good patriots don't.

Who flippin cares about the damn crowd size?

I mean what kind of damn ego does Trump have? One would have to be absolutely delusional if they thought the wealthiest president since George Washington would have as big a crowd for his inauguration as the first black president in the HISTORY of the country.

But there is a good sign for the Democrats. Trump will not be able to effectively use the bully pulpit. Hell, all the Democrats have to do is mention his tiny hands and he will spend all his time talking about how big his weenie is instead of making a case for his agenda.

To stand in front of the memorial wall at CIA headquarters and double down on stupid regarding the crowd size, well yeah, that was not only depressing, it was down right scary.

And now, well it is Sunday morning and the news shows. Are we talking about Trump bringing back jobs to America? Nope. Are we talking about Trump's plan to replace Obamacare? Nope. Are we talking about Trump's plan to generate four percent GDP growth? Nope. Are we talking about Trump's plan to fight ISIS? Nope.

We are talking about the crowd size and rather the press is out to get Trump.

SAD
Apparently *President Drumplethinskin and his new *Press Secretary care.

Conservatives WORK.
Liberals don't.

Well, what is there say about that? If one can't get away from work on a Saturday, one should probably seek other employment.
Friday dumass.
Look, you're the one who lodged the categorical imperative noted below.
Conservatives WORK.
Liberals don't.
Thus more leftists attend leftist gatherings.
I merely showed the "dumbass-ness" (irrationality) of the argument (two premises and conclusion (bold)) you presented by contrasting it with an equally irrational deontic imperative of my own. Your response to my reply to your illogical argument indicates either (1) you don't recognize generally irrational arguments, or (2) you do but find them acceptable so long as they are yours, or they conform to your conclusions, and worth ridiculing when they are not yours or differ with your conclusions. I don't know which of those two things is true, but I know one of them must be.

Forum List

Back