Is this legislation you would support?

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
This is a summary of the Immigration Reform bill as it now stands. Is this legislation that you would support? Of course the devil is in the details which we haven't seen yet. It won't pass until after the midterms, but will certainly be an election talking point.

Summary:
1. More Border Patrol officers
2. More Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents, worksite inspectors, document fraud investigators and drug-war agents
3. The "installation of high-tech ground sensors throughout the southern border and for equipping all border patrol officers with the technological capability to respond to activation of the ground sensors in the area they are patrolling."
4. More prosecution of drug smuggling, human trafficking and unauthorized border crossing
5. "ncreases in the number of sport utility vehicles, helicopters, power boats, river boats, portable computers to track illegal immigrants and drug smugglers while inside of a border patrol vehicle, night vision equipment, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Remote Video Surveillance Systems (RVSS), scope trucks, and Mobile Surveillance Systems (MSS)."
6. All prisoners will be checked for immigration status and deported if found to lack documentation.
7. DHS will "identify, investigate, and initiate removal proceedings" against folks who came here legally but didn't leave.
8. The bill would create "a broad-based registration program that requires all illegal immigrants living in the U.S. to come forward to register, be screened, and, if eligible, complete other requirements to earn legal status, including paying taxes."

Complete Text at:
http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/REPAIRProposal.pdf

We need less federal welfare and drug war foolishness.

Do you have any idea what is going on just south of the border?

Tell me you want that type of drug gang warfare all over the US?!

Let the druggies stay in Mexico or Holland.

We need more fence, and military patrols assisting the border patrol.

There are a couple of companies that make a great electric fence. The fence can be set from stun to lethal. It also detects the location of the attempted breach.

The border should be lined with this fence set on lethal.

I have a very good idea on what's going on there.

The "druggies" are all over America...That's why it's profitable for drug cartel goon squads to turn the border into a gang warfare zone.

Legalize cannabis. Why? The illegals would go back to Mexico to grow pot. It grows better down there.

Would stop a lot of the drug cartel bullshit on the border.

At the same time, put up Predator and Reaper drones. If they see illegals coming over the border with no weapons? Send over Border Patrol to pick them up and send 'em back.

If they see illegals coming over the border with weapons? 1 warning shot to turn them back. After that? Live fire exercise with moving targets.

Why cut them to ribbons? Shit........there IS a war on terrorism, isn't there? Guns and bombs bring violence, and if someone is bringing violence into this country, they should expect violence to be visited down upon their heads in the form of Hellfire missiles and gatling guns from a Reaper.

The "druggies" are all over America...That's why it's profitable for drug cartel goon squads to turn the border into a gang warfare zone.

Bad idea. We make employees take random drug tests, insurance requirement. Druggies are generally not employable. So your utopia probably includes prostitution, and all the other illegal activities needed to feed drug habits. I'm against allowing a druggie society. If illegal drugs mean so much to you try Holland or Mexico.

Bad idea. We make employees take random drug tests, insurance requirement. Druggies are generally not employable. So your utopia probably includes prostitution, and all the other illegal activities needed to feed drug habits. I'm against allowing a druggie society. If illegal drugs mean so much to you try Holland or Mexico.
"Druggies" are gainfully employed every day of the week.

Recreational drugs mean less to me than does a free society, which includes the freedom to make bad choices.

Oh, and your Utopia strawman dog don't hunt...Nobody said perfection or Utopia were options.

make it legal and people dont have to kill for it. seems pretty senisble to me, also cuts off a huge source of revenue to the cartels

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you are straight out of the 1950s government propaganda. should i get the list of all the druggies who do just fine and have changed the world in some cases?

This is a summary of the Immigration Reform bill as it now stands. Is this legislation that you would support? Of course the devil is in the details which we haven't seen yet. It won't pass until after the midterms, but will certainly be an election talking point.

Summary:
1. More Border Patrol officers
2. More Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents, worksite inspectors, document fraud investigators and drug-war agents
3. The "installation of high-tech ground sensors throughout the southern border and for equipping all border patrol officers with the technological capability to respond to activation of the ground sensors in the area they are patrolling."
4. More prosecution of drug smuggling, human trafficking and unauthorized border crossing
5. "ncreases in the number of sport utility vehicles, helicopters, power boats, river boats, portable computers to track illegal immigrants and drug smugglers while inside of a border patrol vehicle, night vision equipment, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Remote Video Surveillance Systems (RVSS), scope trucks, and Mobile Surveillance Systems (MSS)."
6. All prisoners will be checked for immigration status and deported if found to lack documentation.
7. DHS will "identify, investigate, and initiate removal proceedings" against folks who came here legally but didn't leave.
8. The bill would create "a broad-based registration program that requires all illegal immigrants living in the U.S. to come forward to register, be screened, and, if eligible, complete other requirements to earn legal status, including paying taxes."

Complete Text at:
http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/REPAIRProposal.pdf

Yes--I would support this legislation. What is key here--is finally border security. With the 12 million illegals in this country--or ones that came here legally and just didn't go back--we are going to have to find a way to get them registered and start to incorporate them into this country--with paying taxes--and a path to citizenship.

There is absolutely no way--we can just round up 12 million people who have been living here for decades--whose children have been born and raised here and remove them from their homes--their towns--schools--friends and family.

No. I wouldn't support the legislation. Because we don't have a lack of legislation problem. We have a lack of enforcement.

Enforce the law. But then that requires the politicians to stop thinking they will legalize the illegals here and get the votes. Enforce the law and prevent more illegal immigration and the illegals will leave on their own.

Forum List

Back