McCain Makes a Fool of Himself, Yet Again

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This man could have been the president of united states. You know, the place that says all americans have Miranda rights.

This man is just is just.......oh dear god, sir just go away. Please.

We could have had him and Palin in the white house! Seriously! Wow.

Faisal Shahzad Was Read Miranda Rights After Initial Questioning - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said this morning it would be a "mistake" to read the 30-year-old naturalized American citizen his Miranda rights, which inform a suspect of their right to avoid self-incrimination.

"Don't give this guy his Miranda rights until we find out what it's all about," McCain said on a radio show this morning.

He was on the Imus show wasn't he? He should heed Imus' oft given advice,

'Just get out.' ...as should Imus for that matter.

More evidence that senility should be an automatic disqualification for any elected office.
McCain wanted him treated as an "enemy combatant" which gives authorities more leeway in questioning him. However, it sounded like he couldn't way to tell authorities everything he knew.

Yes. Heaven forbid we not read Miranda rights. How on earth would we ever convict him unless he gives us tons of statements incriminating himself? I mean it's not like we have him on camera or eye witnesses or anything of the sort.

And it's not like we need intelligence from him for national security purposes that have nothing to do with a criminal trial.

Yes. Heaven forbid we not read Miranda rights. How on earth would we ever convict him unless he gives us tons of statements incriminating himself? I mean it's not like we have him on camera or eye witnesses or anything of the sort.

And it's not like we need intelligence from him for national security purposes that have nothing to do with a criminal trial.

yea who cares about the constitution and due process :cuckoo:

yea who cares about the constitution and due process :cuckoo:

Miranda Rights have nothing to do with the Constitution, nor does a lack of having them read prevent convictions or a person's ability to exercise those rights.

But I suppose you just presume people are stupid.

This man could have been the president of united states. You know, the place that says all americans have Miranda rights.

This man is just is just.......oh dear god, sir just go away. Please.

We could have had him and Palin in the white house! Seriously! Wow.

And now we have something far--far worse--:lol::lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Faisal Shahzad Was Read Miranda Rights After Initial Questioning - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said this morning it would be a "mistake" to read the 30-year-old naturalized American citizen his Miranda rights, which inform a suspect of their right to avoid self-incrimination.

"Don't give this guy his Miranda rights until we find out what it's all about," McCain said on a radio show this morning.

Joe Lieberman was on this morning--headed to a meeting--suggesting that since this guy is a naturalized citizen of the U.S.--that there should be a law--regarding those people who either try or commit a terrorist act in this country that would cause them to lose their citizenship to this country.

The problem we have is when people who have U.S passports entering this country--they are NOT under near the scrutiny as someone who doesn't--especially coming from a middle-eastern country.

This is the 3rd time since Obama has been in office--that we have had attempts by "naturalized" citizens of this country (Muslims) who have traveled to Pakistan--come back and tried to slaughter Americans. The last was the underware bomber--and preceding him was the guy who was caught in Denver--with connections to New York--who were planning something big--with construction chemicals.

Joe Lieberman was on this morning--headed to a meeting--suggesting that since this guy is a naturalized citizen of the U.S.--that there should be a law--regarding those people who either try or commit a terrorist act in this country that would cause them to lose their citizenship to this country.

The problem we have is when people who have U.S passports entering this country--they are NOT under near the scrutiny as someone who doesn't--especially coming from a middle-eastern country.

This is the 3rd time since Obama has been in office--that we have had attempts by "naturalized" citizens of this country (Muslims) who have traveled to Pakistan--come back and tried to slaughter Americans. The last was the underware bomber--and preceding him was the guy who was caught in Denver--with connections to New York--who were planning something big--with construction chemicals.

yea lets start stripping citizenship of people we don't like :cuckoo:

[Miranda Rights have nothing to do with the Constitution, nor does a lack of having them read prevent convictions or a person's ability to exercise those rights.

I guess except for Miranda being Constitutional law, it has nothing else to do with the Constitution.

holy mackerel! what a day for comic inanity this has been. Thanks, people!

yea lets start stripping citizenship of people we don't like :cuckoo:

So you think that stripping the citizenship of people who want to kill us and have declared war on us is a crazy idea that shouldn't even be considered?

I don't know that I necessarily agree with it, but the idea isn't crazy.

[Miranda Rights have nothing to do with the Constitution, nor does a lack of having them read prevent convictions or a person's ability to exercise those rights.

I guess except for Miranda being Constitutional law, it has nothing else to do with the Constitution.

holy mackerel! what a day for comic inanity this has been. Thanks, people!

Could you tell me where in the Constitution it says people being arrested need to be told their Constitutional rights.

You do realize that the Miranda Rights didn't exist for the first 150 years of our Constitution's History don't you?

You also realize that failure to apply Miranda only allows a defendent to keep any self incriminating evidence out of trial? It doesn't effect the lawfulness of the arrest, the eye witness evidence, any video evidence (assuming it was legally obtained) or anything other than comments?

You also realize that the Constitution says absolutly nothing about interogating terrorists concerning any terror plots they might know about right?

For some reason, I doubt that you do realize any of that.

avatar? does 5th amendment RIGHTS ring a bell with you?

he is going to be convicted because we have proof that he bought this car just days before this incident...we will certainly be able to follow that trail....

are you saying we can not get a conviction in this country WITHOUT breaking our citizen's 5th amendment rights?

are you truly a lawyer or studying to be one? sometimes your comments make no sense at all avatar.....:eusa_pray:

Political Junky makes a fool of himself yet again... by assuming that the media are reporting accurately about the questioning of the suspect.

This sort of shit always makes me laugh.

he is going to be convicted because we have proof that he bought this car just days before this incident...we will certainly be able to follow that trail....

are you saying we can not get a conviction in this country WITHOUT breaking our citizen's 5th amendment rights?

are you truly a lawyer or studying to be one? sometimes your comments make no sense at all avatar.....:eusa_pray:

I like the British miranda warning:

You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.

They removed the 'right to silence' and replaced it with the above. I think it's a better method.

Of course my comments make no sense. You don't have a clue what your talking about.

The 5th amendment says absolutely nothing about telling a criminal Miranda rights.

And no Im not saying we can not get a convinction without breaking the 5th amendment. Quite the opposite. I'm saying that Miranda is completely irrelevant because we have eye witness evidence. We don't need self incriminating statements. So there is no reason why he should not be interrogated for other information. They idea that they can't interrogate him is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back