Is this Christian hate-speech in the Bible?

as opposed to someone who believes in honor killings?.....

Well, honor-killing was brought up by someone else...I'm not very well studied on that issue and I don't believe everything that the American media says...my issue in the thread was Christian "hate-speech" (in the Bible.)

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977
perhaps you will notice that my involvement in this thread was occasioned by my response to him.......

Greetings to all,

I was on another website discussing this passage from the Bible and whether or not it is hate-speech and I thought that I would ask the question here.

The passage is 2 Cor. 6:14-15...I want to cite the passage from the Amplified Bible because in researching the Amplified Bible at Wikipedia.org (at Amplified Bible - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ,) I found out this about the Amplified Bible:

"...This unique system of translation allows the reader to more completely grasp the meaning of the words as they were understood in the original languages..."

So we see from the website that the Amplified Bible gives a more thorough translation of the meaning of the Bible's words in it's original languages...OK. Now, here is 2 Cor. 6:14-15, Amplified Bible:

"(14)Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness? (15)What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?"

I would like to ask Christians, is characterizing those who do not believe in Christianity as "iniquitous," "lawless," "dark," and "devilish" hate-speech from the Bible?

Anonymous1977

No, it is not hate-speech, because Christians are commanded to love those still in darkness. There's no hate involved.

good point 'hadit' in fact the shunning is done in the spirit of LOVE so that the shunned person might be SHAMED into changing their bad ways so that they can enjoy full fellowship again !!

perhaps you will notice that my involvement in this thread was occasioned by my response to him.......

I might have misread what you were saying, but in any event, I think that one can say that the passage is hate-speech against non-Christians.

Anonymous1977

No, it is not hate-speech, because Christians are commanded to love those still in darkness. There's no hate involved.

Well, whatever the Bible says here or there, characterizing me as "iniquitous," "lawless," "dark," and "devilish" because I am not a Christian is hateful to me.

Peace.
Anonymous1977

good point 'hadit' in fact the shunning is done in the spirit of LOVE so that the shunned person might be SHAMED into changing their bad ways so that they can enjoy full fellowship again !!

Well I think it's HATE to presume that because I am not a Christian I need to be "shamed" from my "bad ways." I think that's very hateful.

Anonymous1977

you should be used to it then ANONYMOUS , remember that sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you !!

Last edited:
you should be used to it then ANONYMOUS , remember that , sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you !!

Well if that were true there would be no such thing as "hate-speech." I could call a Jew a k*ke and there would be nothing wrong with that...

Last edited:
there is 'no' such thing as hate speech at least as recognized by me Anonymous . I mean , I've heard of the modern 10 - 20 year old concept but to me all speech is Free Speech !!

sure calling a Jew an impolite name is , well its impolite and might get you in trouble if a fight broke out but I don't think that its illegal to call a Jew a **** or to call a white man a gringo or cracker and best to keep it that way in my opinion .

there is 'no' such thing as hate speech at least as recognized by me Anonymous . I mean , I've heard of the modern 10 - 20 year old concept but to me all speech is Free Speech !!

I respect your right to your view, Sir.

Peace.
Anonymous1977

sure calling a Jew an impolite name is , well its impolite and might get you in trouble if a fight broke out but I don't think that its illegal to call a Jew a **** or to call a white man a gringo or cracker and best to keep it that way in my opinion .

I'm not sure but I think that racial slurs are illegal in some or all places in America. I really don't know, but returning to the original issue, yes I think that 2 Cor. 6:14-15 could be called hate-speech against non-Christians.

Anonymous1977

by the way the 'stars' in my last message [#30] was imposed on that word Anonymous , I spelled out the 'word' but I guess that it was edited . By the way , that is acceptable Censorship in my opinion as 'free speech' on a private message board is acceptable because the board is privately owned and is private property !!

calling people nasty names isn't smart or polite Anonymous and I generally avoid doing it but I don't think its illegal . I should find out how much the concept of hate speech has infected this once Free Country that has always prided itself on having true Free Speech !! Check it out Anonymous but the more rules laws and regulation , restrictions that young liberals put on society will mostly affect young people and their children and the coming generations so its best to be careful in what you legislate .

and if you notice , I was mostly talking about the practice of 'shunning' . Shunning is ok with me if its done with the purpose and spirit of what shunning was designed for in Christianity . Name calling is generally just foolish [imo] but is really none of my business because I generally do not call names and I don't want a law designed just to protect me from insults or nasty names .

I'm not sure but I think that racial slurs are illegal in some or all places in America. I really don't know, but returning to the original issue, yes I think that 2 Cor. 6:14-15 could be called hate-speech against non-Christians.

Anonymous1977

I find it far less hateful than, say, Muslim speech that calls Jews descendants of pigs and monkeys and is accompanied by encouragement to kill them.

sure HADIT , but muslims can say as they like in my opinion as its just something to point out to my liberal message board enemies . I like when iran or 'isis' or muslims call Jews the names that it calls them . I love when iran and 'isis' calls for death to America , Israel and the western world . Its good to see as it is written proof that we cannot 'co exist' .

I might have misread what you were saying, but in any event, I think that one can say that the passage is hate-speech against non-Christians.

Anonymous1977
I agree that you think that....but probably its only because you hate Christians that causes you to think that.....

I find it far less hateful than, say, Muslim speech that calls Jews descendants of pigs and monkeys and is accompanied by encouragement to kill them.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...I don't know how Islam came into the discussion, but Islam does not teach that "the Jews are descendants of pigs and monkeys" nor encourages Muslims to kill Jews.

This is a time of a lot of misinformation about Islam, so you should be careful of who is telling you what about Islam; I'm NOT a Muslim, but if you want to learn about Islam, my advice would be for you to read the Qur'an (the Book of Scripture of Islam) for yourself, and NOT TO TRUST EVERYTHING THAT EVERYONE TELLS YOU ABOUT ISLAM.

This is what Islam teaches about the Jews:

"(40)O Children of Israel, call to mind My favour which I bestowed on you and be faithful to (your) covenant with Me, I shall fulfil (My) covenant with you; and Me, Me alone, should you fear. (41)And believe in that which I have revealed, verifying that which is with you, and be not the first to deny it; neither take a mean price for My messages; and keep your duty to Me, Me alone." Chapter 2, verses 40-41 of the Qur'an

Anonymous1977

Forum List

Back