Is This America?

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
The current administration is not only arrogant and incompetent, it has crossed the line into criminality. If we had a media anything like what they purport to be, this would be a national outrage that makes Watergate look like a parking violation.

Wisconsin s Shame I Thought It Was a Home Invasion National Review Online

"Cindy Archer, one of the lead architects of Wisconsin’s Act 10 — also called the “Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill,” it limited public-employee benefits and altered collective-bargaining rules for public-employee unions — was jolted awake by yelling, loud pounding at the door, and her dogs’ frantic barking. The entire house — the windows and walls — was shaking. She looked outside to see up to a dozen police officers, yelling to open the door. They were carrying a battering ram.

Read more at: Wisconsin s Shame I Thought It Was a Home Invasion National Review Online"

Wow what a bullshit article. I wonder if conservatives will pour into this thread defending the police?

I can't help but notice the woman was defiant against the police a few times. I wonder what would've happened if she'd been black?

I smell the funkiest kind of bullshit all over this story. :cool:

Let's see what other sources have to say.

The current administration is not only arrogant and incompetent, it has crossed the line into criminality. If we had a media anything like what they purport to be, this would be a national outrage that makes Watergate look like a parking violation.

"Cindy Archer, one of the lead architects of Wisconsin’s Act 10 — also called the “Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill,” it limited public-employee benefits and altered collective-bargaining rules for public-employee unions — was jolted awake by yelling, loud pounding at the door, and her dogs’ frantic barking. The entire house — the windows and walls — was shaking. She looked outside to see up to a dozen police officers, yelling to open the door. They were carrying a battering ram.

Read more at: Wisconsin s Shame I Thought It Was a Home Invasion National Review Online"

Sad, second story I've read today in the same vain.

In both, neither was allowed to have an attorney present.

So sad, and so very wrong.

That's remarkable. Don't call your lawyer my ass. I'd call a dream team of lawyers and reporters, and camera crews. And why on earth would you think conservatives would side with the police Old? Conservatives were the targets/victims. This shit is going to get worse. It's not going to be just belongings being taken. People are going to start being taken and incarcerated, with no due process.
We are losing our rights so quickly in this country it's hard to keep up.

How can you be denied an attorney?

And the police were just doing as ordered.

Many need to go to jail over these tactics.

The Walker administration is arrogant and incompetent.
Otherwise, the linked 'article' is is nothing but lies and ridiculous partisan spin.

Otherwise, the linked 'article' is is nothing but lies and ridiculous partisan spin.

I notice you support that with nothing at all.

Where are the lies you hack?

I did not have relations with that woman
If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor
What difference at this point does it make?

Because you say so. That is so convincing.
Third thread on this subject and not a single reference that shows these raids were not actually conducted or that the process of John Doe raids was different than suggested. Further, the ONLY thing that posters here have debated about this is the partisan angle of which I really don’t give a damn. This should not be happening period.

This is what happens when you decide rights take a back seat to ‘security and safety.’ The cops think they can do anything they damn well please.

This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. His son is a Pastor. They came banging on his door in the early morning hours - 2 or 3 a.m. and were dressed like a swat team in all black - they went through his home - searching it - going through papers, etc and then finally at the end of their visit - told him they wanted to know where the title was to an old car in his yard (which had been there for years). It didn't have a license plate on it because it was not in use and didn't work. He was astonished. He felt it was an excuse and I believe he's right. He believes it is the beginning of something in America - a trend. I was listening to a sermon the other day in which the preacher said people are leaving America in record numbers now. With these sort of things happening - that is most likely only going to increase in the future.

Forum List

Back