Is there something wrong with me?

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Every article I read about flatulence, or farting, says that it's quite natural and that the average person expels 1-2 liters of gas, sometimes odorless CO2, sometimes smelly methane, per day. I rarely do either. Is there something wrong with me, or is there something wrong with everyone else?

Yes.

You aren't eating enough cabbage or ice cream. Increase your intake of both and your problem will go away.

Until then, just rest assured that if we computed the total output of the both of us, we would come out quite average.

Every article I read about flatulence, or farting, says that it's quite natural and that the average person expels 1-2 liters of gas, sometimes odorless CO2, sometimes smelly methane, per day. I rarely do either. Is there something wrong with me, or is there something wrong with everyone else?
You may be expelling your excess hot air at the other end.

You are on a political message board after all.

Sad ... farts are worth living for ... especially on dates that aren't working out ... lay a smelly one and look at her like she did it ... she'll want home soon after ...

Bacteria makes methane, and it's a wasted resource ... if you're healthy in every other way, I'd guess you possess an effective gut flora ... if you believe in that stuff ...

Going to jump on the opportunity to point out that cows belch methane, part of the natural process of grass digestion ... Greenhouse gases come from their mouths, not their butts ... so don't feel neglected because you don't fart ...

i don't get gas much either, but then I don't eat much junk food, bread, or carbs, and no carbonated sodas. Not clogging up your colon with processed stuff that could be used for concrete sidewalks makes a big difference.

For me, diet doesn't seem to effect my amount of farts either way, but put me in a bookstore, and have someone walk past me or have me walk past someone else, I'm gonna fart 9 times out of 10. No warning. Nothing I've found to prevent it.

So, you read flatulence articles as a hobby?

After reading the thread title I Thought for this was going to be a Mort thread...

Last edited:
It could be a neurological condition that is affecting your sense of hearing and smell. Or even an ear infection which can also affect both your sense of hearing and your sense of smell.

Or perhaps you just always stealth fart.

How long has this been happening?

It could be a neurological condition that is affecting your sense of hearing and smell. Or even an ear infection which can also affect both your sense of hearing and your sense of smell.

Or perhaps you just always stealth fart.

How long has this been happening?
Ever since I started improving my diet.

Ever since I started improving my diet.
I doesn't matter what your diet is, you're still going to pass gas.

For example, I could have a ham & cheese omelette and a glass of OJ for breakfast, a BLT with a side of rice and a glass of iced tea for lunch, and a ribeye, garden salad and a big glass of milk for dinner.

Even though none of those foods cause gas I will still have to pass gas.

That's because of other processes. For example, small amounts of entrained gasses from your body fluids are constantly released into your intestines. And also from air swallowed along with your food. Most of that gets burped out, but some of it will make its way into your intestines.

I doesn't matter what your diet is, you're still going to pass gas.

For example, I could have a ham & cheese omelette and a glass of OJ for breakfast, a BLT with a side of rice and a glass of iced tea for lunch, and a ribeye, garden salad and a big glass of milk for dinner.

Even though none of those foods cause gas I will still have to pass gas.

That's because of other processes. For example, small amounts of entrained gasses from your body fluids are constantly released into your intestines. And also from air swallowed along with your food. Most of that gets burped out, but some of it will make its way into your intestines.
I don't burp either. What those articles are doing is 'normalizing' poor eating habits and digestion.

I don't burp either. What those articles are doing is 'normalizing' poor eating habits and digestion.
OK Kim Jong UN. I bet you don't shit or piss either, right?

You don't know jack shit about nutrition or human biology. I was a professional physical trainer and nutritionist. My clients included champion record breaking athletes.

OK Kim Jong UN. I bet you don't shit or piss either, right?

You don't know jack shit about nutrition or human biology. I was a professional physical trainer and nutritionist. My clients included champion record breaking athletes.
I know what works for me. :biggrin:

Sports nutrition isn't for everyone. ;)

Forum List

Back