Is There Scientific Evidence Supporting the Floor of Noah?

Are secular scientists prone to exaggeration in support of accepted theories?

• Yes, at least on occasion.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, never. They are highly respected and above tweaking data... They are above suspicion.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
The fact that you believe the Paluxy tracks are human and dinosaur basically shoots down the idea that the Great Flood killed the dinosaurs. There are hundreds of feet of sedimentary rock below the tracks. So, if there was a great flood, the tracks were made after that.

how do you know that???

In the Paluxy Tracks they look, superficially, like human footprints. But there are problems with them, as I posted links to explain.

"Since the 1930s, dinosaur tracks have been known from the bed of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas. What makes these tracks so controversial are claims that as well as the footprints of dinosaurs, there are unmistakably human footprints in the same strata. Even creationists admit that some of them are fakes. In some of the ‘man tracks’, it is possible to make out traces of toes to the side of the ‘foot’, which suggests that they are nothing more mysterious than highly eroded three-toed dinosaur tracks. Some also show claw marks at the ‘heel’ of the print, which is another feature typical of a dinosaur footprint but not of a human footprint. In at least one footprint sequence, there is the inexplicable coincidence that dinosaur tracks and ‘human footprints’ alternate.

The Paluxy River ‘man prints’ may resemble human footprints superficially, but they lack the anatomy of real human footprints. Furthermore, dinosaurs and humans are of very different size and weight, but in the Paluxy River, tracks made by some undisputed dinosaurs and supposed humans are sunk to the same depth in the rock, which suggests that both types were made by creatures of the same general weight; there are tracks, made by different dinosaur species sunk to different depths. In the same way, the distances between footfalls of those tracks made to the same depth are spaced the same distance apart, showing that they were made by creatures with similar stride lengths."

This site examines the tracks more closely: Paluxy Dinosaur/"Man Track" controversy
your first link wont let me read it unless I give it access to my computer which I wont do, the other was written by a computer programmer

nice try but no cigar,,,
I will stick with the evidence,,,

Evidence? Photos with little or no research? I've seen pics of Bigfoot online too. Is that evidence?

Well, lucky for you I quoted 2 paragraphs from the website. I'll quote them again for you.

""Since the 1930s, dinosaur tracks have been known from the bed of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas. What makes these tracks so controversial are claims that as well as the footprints of dinosaurs, there are unmistakably human footprints in the same strata. Even creationists admit that some of them are fakes. In some of the ‘man tracks’, it is possible to make out traces of toes to the side of the ‘foot’, which suggests that they are nothing more mysterious than highly eroded three-toed dinosaur tracks. Some also show claw marks at the ‘heel’ of the print, which is another feature typical of a dinosaur footprint but not of a human footprint. In at least one footprint sequence, there is the inexplicable coincidence that dinosaur tracks and ‘human footprints’ alternate.

The Paluxy River ‘man prints’ may resemble human footprints superficially, but they lack the anatomy of real human footprints. Furthermore, dinosaurs and humans are of very different size and weight, but in the Paluxy River, tracks made by some undisputed dinosaurs and supposed humans are sunk to the same depth in the rock, which suggests that both types were made by creatures of the same general weight; there are tracks, made by different dinosaur species sunk to different depths. In the same way, the distances between footfalls of those tracks made to the same depth are spaced the same distance apart, showing that they were made by creatures with similar stride lengths."

The fact that Glen J. Kuban is a computer programmer does nothing to change his findings. He is an independent researcher and his research is well documented.
who said no research was done???

if you took the time to research it you would know how much was done,,,

He took color pictures of the tracks. These showed differences that are inconsistent with human tracks.

Also, the Paluxy Tracks don't help the Great Flood story.

in your opinion,,,

It is not my opinion that he took color pictures and that they showed differences that are inconsistent with human tracks. These are documented facts. The marks along the side of the footprints are not opinions, they are documented facts.

The Paluxy Tracks are on the top of hundreds of feet of sedimentary rock. That is not opinion. That is fact.

The fact that you believe the Paluxy tracks are human and dinosaur basically shoots down the idea that the Great Flood killed the dinosaurs. There are hundreds of feet of sedimentary rock below the tracks. So, if there was a great flood, the tracks were made after that.

how do you know that???

Geologists have measured it.

your first link wont let me read it unless I give it access to my computer which I wont do, the other was written by a computer programmer

nice try but no cigar,,,
I will stick with the evidence,,,

Evidence? Photos with little or no research? I've seen pics of Bigfoot online too. Is that evidence?

Well, lucky for you I quoted 2 paragraphs from the website. I'll quote them again for you.

""Since the 1930s, dinosaur tracks have been known from the bed of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas. What makes these tracks so controversial are claims that as well as the footprints of dinosaurs, there are unmistakably human footprints in the same strata. Even creationists admit that some of them are fakes. In some of the ‘man tracks’, it is possible to make out traces of toes to the side of the ‘foot’, which suggests that they are nothing more mysterious than highly eroded three-toed dinosaur tracks. Some also show claw marks at the ‘heel’ of the print, which is another feature typical of a dinosaur footprint but not of a human footprint. In at least one footprint sequence, there is the inexplicable coincidence that dinosaur tracks and ‘human footprints’ alternate.

The fact that Glen J. Kuban is a computer programmer does nothing to change his findings. He is an independent researcher and his research is well documented.

He took color pictures of the tracks. These showed differences that are inconsistent with human tracks.

in your opinion,,,

It is not my opinion that he took color pictures and that they showed differences that are inconsistent with human tracks. These are documented facts. The marks along the side of the footprints are not opinions, they are documented facts.

The Paluxy Tracks are on the top of hundreds of feet of sedimentary rock. That is not opinion. That is fact.

so it happened long after the earth was formed,,,

in your opinion,,,

so it happened long after the earth was formed,,,

And? Of course it happened long after the earth was formed.

how do you know that???

how do you know it didnt kill the dinos???

If you believe that the great flood killed the dinosaurs and left the huge sedimentary layers of rock, then the Paluxy tracks make that harder to believe. If the flood laid down the sedimentary layers that are hundreds of feet below the tracks, and the tracks were made in the mud on top of all of that, the great flood did not kill the dinosaurs. Seems pretty simple to me.

how do you know that???

If you believe that the great flood killed the dinosaurs and left the huge sedimentary layers of rock, then the Paluxy tracks make that harder to believe. If the flood laid down the sedimentary layers that are hundreds of feet below the tracks, and the tracks were made in the mud on top of all of that, the great flood did not kill the dinosaurs. Seems pretty simple to me.

or it could be the earth was already there when it happened,,,

how do you know that???

And the great flood left no mark on the land?

how do you know that???

Oh, and this is not even an opinion. It is more of a "it could happen", without any evidence whatsoever.

how do you know that???

Oh, and this is not even an opinion. It is more of a "it could happen", without any evidence whatsoever.
what is "it"???

what is "it"???

"It" is whatever you were referring to when you said "or it could be the earth was already there when it happened". I assume you are talking about the hundreds of feet of earth that became the sedimentary rock, and not the planet Earth.

what is "it"???

"It" is whatever you were referring to when you said "or it could be the earth was already there when it happened". I assume you are talking about the hundreds of feet of earth that became the sedimentary rock, and not the planet Earth.

those are one and the same arent they???

what is "it"???

For the purposes of this part of our discussion, no. YOu have argued that the great flood created a huge layer of sedimentary rock, AND that the great flood caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Now obviously the great flood, if it happened, did not create the planet Earth or move the planet Earth.

So what did you mean when you said "or it could be the earth was already there when it happened"? That the planet was already there? Of course it was. That the hundreds of feet of sediment was there? That would depend on what you meant by "...when it happened".

What did you mean by "...when it happened"? What is "it" in that sentence?

what is "it"???

For the purposes of this part of our discussion, no. YOu have argued that the great flood created a huge layer of sedimentary rock, AND that the great flood caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Now obviously the great flood, if it happened, did not create the planet Earth or move the planet Earth.

So what did you mean when you said "or it could be the earth was already there when it happened"? That the planet was already there? Of course it was. That the hundreds of feet of sediment was there? That would depend on what you meant by "...when it happened".

you are one seriously fucked in the head individual,,,

the answer is in your comment,,,,

what is "it"???

Then why did you ask "what is "it"???"?

what is "it"???

because you were talking in circles,,,

I am not talking in circles. I explained, very clearly, why the idea that the great flood caused the extinction of the dinosaurs is inconsistent with the Paluxy tracks being there.

But yes, the planet Earth was there when the sedimentary layers beneath the Paluxy tracks were laid down.

And the research, as I documented, shows that both sets of tracks were made by dinosaurs (since man does not have anything on the outside of his foot to make the additional marks that have been found).

I am not talking in circles. I explained, very clearly, why the idea that the great flood caused the extinction of the dinosaurs is inconsistent with the Paluxy tracks being there.

But yes, the planet Earth was there when the sedimentary layers beneath the Paluxy tracks were laid down.

And the research, as I documented, shows that both sets of tracks were made by dinosaurs (since man does not have anything on the outside of his foot to make the additional marks that have been found).

you obviously are looking at different tracks, because this track doesnt have an outside appendage,,,

upload_2019-6-10_21-58-42.jpeg

Forum List

Back