Is there any difference between a State run Media and CNN?

Sundance508

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
By state run I mean like they have in Red China or any other dictatorial government? As far as that goes you could include abc,nbc and cbs....and about half of fox.

Speaking of fox...ya know....the 'balanced news site' bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa what is balanced news? Let me take a guess...they present about half the truth and they balance that with pc stupidity sent down from Washington.

Thus I ax fox..........why do you have to balance something if it is the truth? Why do you feel obligated to make something fair...if it is the truth you have told...can truth be fair or unfair? Why not just speak the truth and quit worring about the b.s.?

Your post would receive a better response if you knew how to write English.

Another whiny butthurt Libtard thread.

Everyone seems to be dreaming of a media that reports only what they want to hear. That's stupid, and all these "the media is dishonest" people are being equally stupid. The conservatives here have told me resoundingly that fake news (if it's on a conservative site) is just fine. We should research the facts, identify bias, like informed readers do. When it comes to the mainstream media, though, we are supposed to discard them out of hand. What happened to researching the facts, identifying the bias, and acting like informed viewers? If it really mattered to ANYONE, you would be encouraging the news media to get back to investigative journalism that matters, informs and educates, about the important issues of the day.

The fact you are even asking this questions shows you know nothing of state run media. I've lived in a country before where state run media exist. And its nothing like CNN. I don't even like CNN ( or any network or cable news for matter) but it is far from state run media.

Having spent 12 years in Europe, I understand state run media. Not all is bad but having government bureaucrats determine what should be aired is not the way to go.

Only in that Clinton and the state are not exactly the same thing, but it's a matter of splitting hairs.

NBC was always an embarrassment, but CNN has Trumped them.

By state run I mean like they have in Red China or any other dictatorial government? As far as that goes you could include abc,nbc and cbs....and about half of fox.

Speaking of fox...ya know....the 'balanced news site' bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa what is balanced news? Let me take a guess...they present about half the truth and they balance that with pc stupidity sent down from Washington.

Thus I ax fox..........why do you have to balance something if it is the truth? Why do you feel obligated to make something fair...if it is the truth you have told...can truth be fair or unfair? Why not just speak the truth and quit worring about the b.s.?
Yes, multiple obvious ones. Why are you picking on CNN? They're the bottom of the big 3 cable "newz" networks. Do you think MSNBC is less biased?

The fact you are even asking this questions shows you know nothing of state run media. I've lived in a country before where state run media exist. And its nothing like CNN. I don't even like CNN ( or any network or cable news for matter) but it is far from state run media.
Agreed.

COnversely, I've been to Mexico quite a bit over the past decade+ and watch CNN International (because it's in English). It's night and day from the US version. Not a single fucking word about the Kardashians, Angelina and Brad or 75% of the other shit domestic CNN plays.

Everyone seems to be dreaming of a media that reports only what they want to hear. That's stupid, and all these "the media is dishonest" people are being equally stupid. The conservatives here have told me resoundingly that fake news (if it's on a conservative site) is just fine. We should research the facts, identify bias, like informed readers do. When it comes to the mainstream media, though, we are supposed to discard them out of hand. What happened to researching the facts, identifying the bias, and acting like informed viewers? If it really mattered to ANYONE, you would be encouraging the news media to get back to investigative journalism that matters, informs and educates, about the important issues of the day.
That would be because the media was shown to take orders from the DNC, effectively making them a propaganda arm of the Establishment. That on its own confirms that nothing they report can be trusted.

Meathead wrote: Only in that Clinton and the state are not exactly the same thing, but it's a matter of splitting hairs.

Granny can split a hair...

... at 30 paces...

... with her Jim Bowie knife.

CNN who is the godfather of the 24 hour news cycle, single handily gave Trump the presidential win...and it makes my skin crawl, when I see them questioning how this man won, when they are the one's who helped....and then the orange nightmare turned on em"....its too classic for words. LOLOLOLO

CNN who is the godfather of the 24 hour news cycle, single handily gave Trump the presidential win...and it makes my skin crawl, when I see them questioning how this man won, when they are the one's who helped....and then the orange nightmare turned on em"....its too classic for words. LOLOLOLO
They thought they could sink him by giving him maximum exposure, and then pointing at him and saying, "holy shit, look at that".

Given his behaviors, I guess that strategy makes sense.

Sure blew up their faces, though.

LOL!!!!
YOU EVER HEARD OF RUPERT MURDOCH?

He is Fox News!

Only in that Clinton and the state are not exactly the same thing, but it's a matter of splitting hairs.

NBC was always an embarrassment, but CNN has Trumped them.

How would you know? Your ass stays glued to Faux News 24/7.......like any good right winger.

Agree CNN is not "State Run".

It is run by the Democratic Party.

Agree CNN is not "State Run".

It is run by the Democratic Party.

And Fox is run by Rupert Murdoch! I'd prefer CNN

CNN who is the godfather of the 24 hour news cycle, single handily gave Trump the presidential win...
Interesting conspiracy theory, but there is no evidence what you say is true. Trump won because Americans were given two deplorable choices: Ms. More of the same and Mr. Something different. They chose to shake up the bullshit. God Bless America!

Agreed.

COnversely, I've been to Mexico quite a bit over the past decade+ and watch CNN International (because it's in English). It's night and day from the US version. Not a single fucking word about the Kardashians, Angelina and Brad or 75% of the other shit domestic CNN plays.

Yeah CNN international does what a news organization is suppose to do, report the news as it happens. CNN America is an entertainment channe.

Forum List

Back