Zone1 Is There A Way To Expand PMs?

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Creating a PM to a group of people, if later you want to add someone else on or invite another in, I see no way of doing that. There is no "ADD MEMBERS" button or anything. So I tried "mentioning" the person thinking it would lead them to the thread, but that seems counter-intuitive to the nature of PMs and I don't think it worked.

Is it possible to add people to an already existing PM when they weren't part of the inclusion to begin with?

Excellent idea.

I have long been eager to foment rebellion here and contacting a whole group at once would help immensely.

Not the problem. You can create a PM and invite a whole bunch of people to join if you want. What I am asking is if you can ADD someone to an existing PM so you don't have to create a whole new PM all over for another person and duplicate everything all over for them just to share in the topic?

Not the problem. You can create a PM and invite a whole bunch of people to join if you want. What I am asking is if you can ADD someone to an existing PM so you don't have to create a whole new PM all over for another person and duplicate everything all over for them just to share in the topic?
Is that a "no"?

I was rather hoping you would join me in my subversive activities.

I always thought you could, up to a certain number of people. I know mods can.

I always thought you could, up to a certain number of people. I know mods can.

Yeah well, I've looked hard and see no way to add another person once the PM is created, and I tried 'mentioning' someone but don't think that works because there is probably a natural barrier to people not originally inserted into the conversation joining in and viewing a PM otherwise once mentioned, their name would be ADDED to the list of people IN the conversation as displayed on the page! That's why I'm asking. There OUGHT to be a way for at least the OP of the conversation to ADD people anytime they want, but while I know YOU folks can invite other mods in, I just don't see how a regular member can do it even if it is HIS conversation.

I know YOU folks can invite other mods in,

When Mods know they aren't up to the challenge of handling a poster with superior reasoning skills one on one, they like to call in other mods to make it a gang pile.

There is safety in numbers, you know.

Forum List

Back