Is There a "Google Maps Street View" of Your House?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Not mine. Not even close. But there is of a lot of people I know. I'm undecided as to if it's an invasion of privacy or not, but I am quite glad that there isn't any of my place.

woman_shack_1930.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
There is one of my house, it was taken approx. 3 years ago. I check from time to time to see if they have taken another one so that it shows the improvements I have made on my property since then. :D

There was one of mine. I requested that it be removed, and now it is gone.

Oh REALLY! Wow... I had no idea they'd do that. Did they just black it out or what?

The apartment I used to live in in Reno had "street view" clear through the parking lot, and you can see my truck sitting in my parking space, so I think all these views have to be around three years old.

I think since you can actually drive past any of these places, it really isn't an invasion of privacy. Some people see it that way though.

Last edited:
the google image truck, then there is one that has a dome on the top, that is the one I have seen.
Kind of ironic that I cannot find an image of that truck too

google_truck.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
There is one of my house, it was taken approx. 3 years ago. I check from time to time to see if they have taken another one so that it shows the improvements I have made on my property since then. :D

Occasionally when I visit Houston I'll take a pic of the house and inspect the lawn....I wonder why? I suppose we're just curious to find if a Cock Fighting Ring has been constructed in the backyard........

the google image truck, then there is one that has a dome on the top, that is the one I have seen.
Kind of ironic that I cannot find an image of that truck too

google_truck.jpg

I have that thing on the top of my van so I can lay down on my back and sleep inside it without injury.

Oh REALLY! Wow... I had no idea they'd do that. Did they just black it out or what?

The apartment I used to live in in Reno had "street view" clear through the parking lot, and you can see my truck sitting in my parking space, so I think all these views have to be around three years old.

I think since you can actually drive past any of these places, it really isn't an invasion of privacy. Some people see it that way though.

They show a picture of my street a few houses down instead.

Here's now to make the request:

How to Remove Street View Photos From Google | eHow.com

Last edited:
A moment in time captured by google image truck. I wonder if they called the fire department :lol:

robinglade-google-streetview-fire.jpg

A good method to deal with Google Maps Trucks:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gpRhSYO2U]The Frogmen[/ame]

The show a picture of my street a few houses down instead.

Here's now to make the request:

How to Remove Street View Photos From Google | eHow.com
Excellent info for those who don't want their house picture plastered all over the internet. Thankfully there isn't a street view anywhere near me. Just a view down the main drag of our tiny little town and that's it. I guess living in the sticks still can get you some privacy.

Not mine. Not even close. But there is of a lot of people I know. I'm undecided as to if it's an invasion of privacy or not, but I am quite glad that there isn't any of my place.

Yep, they have both street view and areal views of my homes. I don't really think that it would do much good having them block anything out unless they could blot out a good quarter mile area, as it would be easily to get an idea of what and where you are looking at.

I'm old fashioned that way - privacy is still very important to me.

It's horrifying the amount of info people blithely post on Facebook and elsewhere which can be used by those who are intent on doing harm.

In the case of Google Street View and Virtual Earth, here's a scenario:

- Kid posts on FB that parents are on vacation and that they are "home alone".
- Stalker/molester finds house on Google, and sees the lay out and how to access the house unseen from the street.
- Variations include the house being empty and robbed while the family is on vacation (announced on the internets).

Not pretty. And highly plausible.

I'm old fashioned that way - privacy is still very important to me.

It's horrifying the amount of info people blithely post on Facebook and elsewhere which can be used by those who are intent on doing harm.

In the case of Google Street View and Virtual Earth, here's a scenario:

- Kid posts on FB that parents are on vacation and that they are "home alone".
- Stalker/molester finds house on Google, and sees the lay out and how to access the house unseen from the street.
- Variations include the house being empty and robbed while the family is on vacation (announced on the internets).

Not pretty. And highly plausible.

i know.

Yep, they have both street view and areal views of my homes. I don't really think that it would do much good having them block anything out unless they could blot out a good quarter mile area, as it would be easily to get an idea of what and where you are looking at.

Yeah there's an areal view of my place too. But it's low resolution and hard to make out anything. Fine with me.

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a camera over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the sheep
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, horray for our side

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

Yeah there's an areal view of my place too. But it's low resolution and hard to make out anything. Fine with me.

They have me in HD!

Forum List

Back