Is There a "Google Maps Street View" of Your House?

There was one of mine. I requested that it be removed, and now it is gone.
I don't believe you, unless you have jumped through all these hoops. And I do not believe that you have.

To request removal of your image from Street View, you must demonstrate that you are the person shown in the panorama you would like removed. We will not take action if you are reporting on behalf of someone else (such as a friend, relative or stranger), except that you may report on behalf of your minor child. To show that you are the person in the image you would like removed, you must provide us with the information specified below. To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format on your verification form:

1. Provide your legal name.

2. Provide your e-mail address.

3. Provide the street view address of the Street View image you would like removed.

4. Include the sworn statement: "I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate."

5. Attach a clear, readable copy of a valid photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, national ID card, etc). If you are requesting removal of an image of a location, attach a copy of a document demonstrating your association with that location ( e.g. business card or letterhead).

6. Please e-mail your completed verification form, along with the necessary attachment, to [email protected] within 5 days. If you are unable to upload a copy of your photo ID electronically in an e-mail, you may also fax us a copy of your form and photo ID to (650) 887-0389.

We will temporarily remove the Street View image pending receipt of your ID verification. If we have not received a copy of your photo ID within 5 days, then we will restore the panorama back to Street View. Please note that we will investigate your complaint and take action as needed. We will not contact you unless we need more information to review your request. If you see that the panorama was not removed from Street View, it is likely that it did not meet our conditions for permanent removal.

Regards,

The Google Team

I'm old fashioned that way - privacy is still very important to me.

It's horrifying the amount of info people blithely post on Facebook and elsewhere which can be used by those who are intent on doing harm.

In the case of Google Street View and Virtual Earth, here's a scenario:

- Kid posts on FB that parents are on vacation and that they are "home alone".
- Stalker/molester finds house on Google, and sees the lay out and how to access the house unseen from the street.
- Variations include the house being empty and robbed while the family is on vacation (announced on the internets).

Not pretty. And highly plausible.

How does stalker/molester know the address?

I don't believe you, unless you have jumped through all these hoops. And I do not believe that you have.

OOOOOOOOooooooo......Sythaholic doesn't believe Boe!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

NOW whatchya gonna do Boe? Huh?

Pretty intimidating!!!:lol:
Do you believe that a wingnut who rails and whines about giving the gummint info on the Constitutionally-mandated census is going to willingly give info - including a photo copy of her license - to a corporation?

laugh3.gif

Do you believe that a wingnut who rails and whines about giving the gummint info on the Constitutionally-mandated census is going to willingly give info - including a photo copy of her license - to a corporation?

laugh3.gif
I still don't believe you.

laugh3.gif

Actually, I don't care.

But I find it fascinating that you do.

Slow day in Trollville?

It's horrifying the amount of info people blithely post on Facebook and elsewhere which can be used by those who are intent on doing harm.

- Stalker/molester finds house on Google, and sees the lay out and how to access the house unseen from the street.
- Variations include the house being empty and robbed while the family is on vacation (announced on the internets).

I'm surprised you don't already know. If someone posts there real name on the internet, it is quite easy to find their address as well.

I'm surprised you don't already know. If someone posts there real name on the internet, it is quite easy to find their address as well.
Then they don't need Google Maps.

To request removal of your image from Street View, you must demonstrate that you are the person shown in the panorama you would like removed. We will not take action if you are reporting on behalf of someone else (such as a friend, relative or stranger), except that you may report on behalf of your minor child. To show that you are the person in the image you would like removed, you must provide us with the information specified below. To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format on your verification form:

1. Provide your legal name.

2. Provide your e-mail address.

3. Provide the street view address of the Street View image you would like removed.

4. Include the sworn statement: "I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate."

5. Attach a clear, readable copy of a valid photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, national ID card, etc). If you are requesting removal of an image of a location, attach a copy of a document demonstrating your association with that location ( e.g. business card or letterhead).

6. Please e-mail your completed verification form, along with the necessary attachment, to [email protected] within 5 days. If you are unable to upload a copy of your photo ID electronically in an e-mail, you may also fax us a copy of your form and photo ID to (650) 887-0389.

We will temporarily remove the Street View image pending receipt of your ID verification. If we have not received a copy of your photo ID within 5 days, then we will restore the panorama back to Street View. Please note that we will investigate your complaint and take action as needed. We will not contact you unless we need more information to review your request. If you see that the panorama was not removed from Street View, it is likely that it did not meet our conditions for permanent removal.

Regards,

The Google Team

This isn't how it works. But thanks for sharing.

There is one of my house, it was taken approx. 3 years ago. I check from time to time to see if they have taken another one so that it shows the improvements I have made on my property since then. :D

The assessor's office regularly monitors the images. Your tax bill is going up.

Yes, my tax bill did go up.

No more improvements, means no higher taxes. Improving ones property will not be tolerated :cuckoo:

There is one of my house, it was taken approx. 3 years ago. I check from time to time to see if they have taken another one so that it shows the improvements I have made on my property since then. :D

No more improvements, means no higher taxes. Improving ones property will not be tolerated :cuckoo:

This is why I refuse to pen my chickens.

To be completely effective in keeping those tax costs down, get four cinder blocks, remove the wheels from one of your cars, put it on the cinder blocks, and then don't mow your lawn.

Oh, and have a male relative with a large beer belly sit shirtless, on a lawn chair in your front yard - with a Pabst cooler next to him, sucking down beers.

Your neighbors will thank you.

I'm going to be moving...I like to use Google Street view and Google Earth to look at potential houses and properties.

It's nice to know if you neighbor is a scrap metal processor.

There is one house that I found on the internet that looked pretty nice at a tremendous price. I looked at the aerial and the property looked nice...but a quartermile down the road, I noticed a large clearing. I soon found out it was the town landfill and transfer station.

To be completely effective in keeping those tax costs down, get four cinder blocks, remove the wheels from one of your cars, put it on the cinder blocks, and then don't mow your lawn.

Oh, and have a male relative with a large beer belly sit shirtless, on a lawn chair in your front yard - with a Pabst cooler next to him, sucking down beers.

Your neighbors will thank you.

And put a couple of dead washing machines and fridges on the porch and lawn.

Forum List

Back