is the wikileaks founder a traitor or hero?

blu

Sep 21, 2009
he released tons of classified info (traitor) while on the other hand he exposed war crimes and other criminal acts that had been covered up (hero)

so which is it?

Considering wikileaks record of misrepresentation, claiming they exposed war crimes is a bit of a stretch.

In any case, weakening our country in a time of war is beyond the pale. The wikileaks founder is most certainly not a hero. An immature thug at best, a traitor at worst.

if he or she has committed treason, why haven't they been charged with treason or for that matter....any crime? if they have broken the law, where are the charges and what laws?

he released tons of classified info (traitor) while on the other hand he exposed war crimes and other criminal acts that had been covered up (hero)

so which is it?

I wouldn't say he was a hero but to call him a traitor is ludicrous! At most he exposed the world to the ugly side of war...
The documents have revealed unreported incidents of Afghan civilian killings and information about secret operations against Taliban leaders, as well as highlighting US fears that Pakistan's intelligence service was aiding the Afghan uprising.

Assange rejected accusations that the leak had compromised America's national security. "We are familiar with groups whose abuse we expose attempting to criticise the messenger to distract from the power of the message."

"We don't see any difference in the White House's response to this case to the other groups that we have exposed. We have tried hard to make sure that this material does not put innocents at harm. All the material is over seven months old so is of no current operational consequence, even though it may be of very significant investigative consequence."

Afghanistan war logs: Wikileaks founder rebuts White House criticism | World news | guardian.co.uk

UM I was under the impression wikileaks was from the UK? so how are they committing treason against the USA?

I was heard that they simply posted them, someone Leaked the documents to them, that would be your traitor.

Last edited:
UM I was under the impression wikileaks was from the UK? so how are they committing treason against the USA?

I was heard that they simply posted them, someone Leaked the documents to them, that would be your traitor.

Hosted in Sweden actually and run by an Australian. Originally founded by Chinese dissidents and journos.

Last time I checked, Australia was a U.S. ally with troops in Afghanistan.

ALL I can say is if even ONE soldier dies from this, then they have the blood on their hands.

Those rock throwers are tricky, evil bastards, and will do anything to kill our American and British soldiers

And yes, WAR IS UGLY!

I want all the troops home now! :eusa_pray:

Umm, so what. They still can not be charged with Treason against the USA, as they are not AMERICANS.

Anyways as I pointed out, they did not steal the damn papers, Someone who had access to them leaked them to wikileaks Who Posted them Online. That someone is the person or persons who may or may not have committed treason.

You are focusing in the wrong direction.

so which is it?

Neither.
He's an opportunist who initially released the info to the NY Times, England's The Guardian, and Germany's Der Spiegel, before posting the info on his website.
All, NATO partners, coincidentally.

Neither, but I think he's doing the right thing. And yes, he's Australian, so he could not be a 'traitor' in the United States. Sincerely doubt Australia would try him for treason, either.

Umm, so what. They still can not be charged with Treason against the USA, as they are not AMERICANS.

Anyways as I pointed out, they did not steal the damn papers, Someone who had access to them leaked them to wikileaks Who Posted them Online. That someone is the person or persons who may or may not have committed treason.

The question was if said person was a traitor - not if he was a traitor to the U.S. He decided to make the papers public. Whether or not somebody else funneled the documents to him is irrelevant to his decision to publish them.

From what anyone has read of the voluminous package of classified documents (around 90,000 pages, I think), apparently so far they don't tell us anything we don't basically already know about the fragility of the neighboring countries, and the strategies employed to go about winning them over while not also antagonizing the tribal factions.

As for who done it? I'm still plowing through the Washington Post's three-part investigation on national security/intelligence operations, the most shocking revelation so far being that there are literally thousands of private contractors each employing thousands of "analysts" in addition to the thousands of CIA/FBI/NSA/DOD employees who also now have top secret clearances and would be privy to that data. So it's anybody's guess. Maybe it's that dull needle somewhere in the five-mile long, hundred-foot high haystack.

Just as CIA did throughout the Bush terms. It's dangerous. I didn't like it then, don't like it now.

Wikileaks has nothing to do with Australia, or any other country. It is run by a group of volunteers from around the world, including Americans. Pointing fingers at countries over this is ridiculous. Of course...it could all be the fault of the cons, or was it the dems. :lol:

The Wikileaks "spokesmodel" and reputed founder is Australian.

Wikileaks has nothing to do with Australia, or any other country. It is run by a group of volunteers from around the world, including Americans. Pointing fingers at countries over this is ridiculous. Of course...it could all be the fault of the cons, or was it the dems. :lol:

They certainly would have more 'cred' if they were leaking the North Koreans, Iranians, Venezuelans, etc., plans. Seems the concentration is on 'evil America.' Now Obama might agree that America is evil, or rather has been, but not for getting our troops killed.

so which is it?
I prefer to call him a piece of shit not worthy of being scraped off of my shoe.

Forum List

Back