is the wikileaks founder a traitor or hero?

Doing a good thing. Putting him on a high pedastal by calling him a "hero" is just as bad as calling him a traitor (he can't even BE a traitor, anyway, he's NOT AMERICAN!)

Last time I checked, Australia was a U.S. ally with troops in Afghanistan.

Wikileaks has nothing to do with Australia, or any other country. It is run by a group of volunteers from around the world, including Americans. Pointing fingers at countries over this is ridiculous. Of course...it could all be the fault of the cons, or was it the dems. :lol:

They certainly would have more 'cred' if they were leaking the North Koreans, Iranians, Venezuelans, etc., plans. Seems the concentration is on 'evil America.' Now Obama might agree that America is evil, or rather has been, but not for getting our troops killed.

You are right, He does think America Is Evil. Hence the Drive for "fundamental Change"

Seems you may already have your traitor!

The investigation into the biggest leak in US military history centres on a US Army intelligence analyst who allegedly boasting online that he was going to reveal "the truth" about the war in Afghanistan.

Bradley Manning, 22, was arrested in Baghdad in May and charged earlier this month with multiple counts of mishandling and leaking classified data, after a computer hacker turned him in.

During online chats with the hacker, a man thought to be Mr Manning said he had passed material relating to Afghanistan to Julian Assange, the founder of the Wikileaks website which leaked more than 92,000 secret documents to the media

Mr Manning, who is currently awaiting court martial, is widely assumed to have been the man who passed the documents to Mr Assange, though investigators believe he must have had accomplices.

Wikileaks Afghanistan: leak inquiry centres on US intelligence analyst - Telegraph

You guys are being ridicules. Some American who had clearance for this shit decided to give it to them, Knowing they would leak it. And you want to sit around and bitch about the messenger? For gods sake man why would he not publish them. Clearly the Person with Clearance who gave them to him, Wanted him to. Hell we may find out it was the Obama Admin that did it... LOL

Wikileaks has nothing to do with Australia, or any other country. It is run by a group of volunteers from around the world, including Americans. Pointing fingers at countries over this is ridiculous. Of course...it could all be the fault of the cons, or was it the dems. :lol:

They certainly would have more 'cred' if they were leaking the North Koreans, Iranians, Venezuelans, etc., plans. Seems the concentration is on 'evil America.' Now Obama might agree that America is evil, or rather has been, but not for getting our troops killed.

Gibbs has admitted that the White House did not try to prevent the publication of the documents - but did ask that info that would put military lives at risk be redacted.

Which is inane. The provocative nature of 90,000+ documents released to make the U.S. look bad in and of itself puts military lives at risk.

Seems you may already have your traitor!

The investigation into the biggest leak in US military history centres on a US Army intelligence analyst who allegedly boasting online that he was going to reveal "the truth" about the war in Afghanistan.

Bradley Manning, 22, was arrested in Baghdad in May and charged earlier this month with multiple counts of mishandling and leaking classified data, after a computer hacker turned him in.

During online chats with the hacker, a man thought to be Mr Manning said he had passed material relating to Afghanistan to Julian Assange, the founder of the Wikileaks website which leaked more than 92,000 secret documents to the media

Mr Manning, who is currently awaiting court martial, is widely assumed to have been the man who passed the documents to Mr Assange, though investigators believe he must have had accomplices.

Wikileaks Afghanistan: leak inquiry centres on US intelligence analyst - Telegraph

Could be. And YES if Bradley Manning is indeed who leaked this papers then He is Indeed A traitor, and should be tried as such.

There is no debating it. You do not let them off just because the Classified papers they released do not "show us anything we did not already know". They were classified papers, leaking them is a treason no matter what.

Last edited:
It is not up to wikileaks to determine whether classified documents are releaseable. They are classified for a reason.

Umm, so what. They still can not be charged with Treason against the USA, as they are not AMERICANS.

Anyways as I pointed out, they did not steal the damn papers, Someone who had access to them leaked them to wikileaks Who Posted them Online. That someone is the person or persons who may or may not have committed treason.

You are focusing in the wrong direction.
So, rather than expose the source, they mass-distribute it.

You guys are being ridicules. Some American who had clearance for this shit decided to give it to them, Knowing they would leak it. And you want to sit around and bitch about the messenger? For gods sake man why would he not publish them. Clearly the Person with Clearance who gave them to him, Wanted him to. Hell we may find out it was the Obama Admin that did it... LOL

And who went after the CIA leaks during Bush terms? They should have. Anything that harms or potentially can harm our troops, full weight of US government should come down upon.

It's not the President or you and me that are risking our lives, but US military.

Find the leak, stand him against a wall, and shoot him in the head

Last edited:

And who went after the CIA leaks during Bush terms? They should have. Anything that harms or potentially can harm our troops, full weight of US government should come down upon.

It's not the President or you and me that are risking our lives, but US military.

Um they did. In fact the investigation just ended with no charges being filed.

I agree, Anything that harms the troops should have the full weight of the Government come down on it. To bad we cant Have the Government come down on Obama for putting in place and Terrible ROE that puts our troops at great risk, and denies them full access to air support. Or for putting in place a withdraw Deadline and telling the enemy all they have to do is hold out for a bit and we will be out of here, oh and plan you big push for July so you can kill as many Americans as you can as we tuck tail and run.

I agree, Anything that harms the troops should have the full weight of the Government come down on it. To bad we cant Have the Government come down on Obama for putting in place and Terrible ROE that puts our troops at great risk, and denies them full access to air support. Or for putting in place a withdraw Deadline and telling the enemy all they have to do is hold out for a bit and we will be out of here, oh and plan you big push for July so you can kill as many Americans as you can as we tuck tail and run.

Actually no one went after the CIA, which was a sieve of information during the Bush years...

There was (probably still is) a big faction in the CIA which loathed Bush and wanted to make things as difficult for him as possible.

Personally, I have a hard time finding fault in a person who would come forth with accurate information showing instances were the government or any of its entities acted unethical, immoral, illegal, etc. However, ive not read any of the 90000+ pages of what wikileaks posted so I cannot comment on this specific instance.

right because all government actions should be covered up and kept secret :cuckoo:

Actually no one went after the CIA, which was a sieve of information during the Bush years...

Yeah you are right, And I personally do not doubt for a second the people leaking back then, we Bush Haters doing it to hurt him and the war effort in general.

Personally, I have a hard time finding fault in a person who would come forth with accurate information showing instances were the government or any of its entities acted unethical, immoral, illegal, etc. However, ive not read any of the 90000+ pages of what wikileaks posted so I cannot comment on this specific instance.
I highly doubt all 90,000 pages would have such evidence, and I suspect the Papers have already been cherry picked by these guys so they could remove anything that did not make us look bad, and god forbid not let anything out that made us look good :)

right because all government actions should be covered up and kept secret :cuckoo:
Yes, I agree, to Hell with the First Amendment! :clap2:

Gotta love neo-con thinking, eh?

Yes, I agree, to Hell with the First Amendment! :clap2:

Gotta love neo-con thinking, eh?

Exactly how did he imply it should be kept secret?

And he is talking about shooting the American Person with Clearance who must have been the one to leak the Papers to the ones who published them. So I am not sure how that is a first amendment issue. If someone with Clarence leaked these papers to Wikiwhatever HE WOULD not be protected under the first Amendment.

Liberal Thought Process I tell ya. :cuckoo: Or maybe you just have reading comprehension issues

Last edited:

Forum List

Back