Is the U.S. Credit Rating a Victim of GOP Sabotage?

The primary reason given by S&P for downgrading our credit is the inability of Congress to cooperate.

The initial reaction of both parties was to point fingers and say ...."it's their fault"

What a bunch of fucking children

The primary reason given by S&P for downgrading our credit is the inability of Congress to cooperate.

The initial reaction of both parties was to point fingers and say ...."it's their fault"

Yeah, that's it.

Still waiting on an explanation as to how the GOP held food hostage.... what'd they do, garb a bunch of lettuce and Spaghetti o's, blind fold them and lock 'em in a room?

You got your explanation. You just couldn't dispute it so you tried to erect a strawman instead. I refused to bite and now you are pretending it wasn't explained to you in the first place.

Hey, you're the one yammering on about food hostages in a credit rating room.

Seriously, are you high or just not all that bright?

That's seriously the impression I'm getting... A15 is hitting the bong a little early this morning... :eusa_eh:

Still waiting on an explanation as to how the GOP held food hostage.... what'd they do, garb a bunch of lettuce and Spaghetti o's, blind fold them and lock 'em in a room?

You got your explanation. You just couldn't dispute it so you tried to erect a strawman instead. I refused to bite and now you are pretending it wasn't explained to you in the first place.

Do you really think you can bluff your way past me?

It hasn't worked the first few times you tried it.

You can't dispute what I said. I get it.

CNN: Chinese agency downgrades U.S. credit rating for the 3rd time.
The Dagong Global Credit Rating Company, which lowered the United States to A+ last November after the U.S. Federal Reserve decided to continue loosening its monetary policy, announced a further downgrade to A

German Rating Agency Feri Downgrades US Government Bonds: AAA to AA! | zero hedge
The first Western downgrade of US government bonds is a fact! The German credit rating agency Feri lowered its rating on US debt by a full notch, from AAA to AA.

"The U.S. government has fought the effects of the financial market crisis primarily by an increase in government debt. We do not see that there is sufficient attention being paid to other measures, "said Dr. Tobias Schmidt, CEO of Feri Rating & Research AG. "Our rating system shows a deterioration in economic health, so the downgrading of the credit ratings of U.S. is warranted."

For the third consecutive year the deficit of the United States is in double digit percentages relative to gross domestic product (GDP). "Deficits of such magnitude are not a sustainable fiscal policy. We would reconsider the rating when the U.S. government creates a long-term sustainable budget," said Schmidt. German press release: Feri Downgrades US Gov Debt AAA to AA

Egan-Jones Downgrades US From AAA To AA+ It had nothing to do with the current Debt Limit!!! It was due to the looming 100% Debt to GDP ratio.

Moody's lowered its outlook on U.S. debt to "negative." | CNN

S&P Downgraded US Credit to AA+ | AP
S&P said that in addition to the downgrade, it is issuing a negative outlook, meaning that there was a chance it will lower the rating further within the next two years. It said such a downgrade, to AA, would occur if the agency sees smaller reductions in spending than Congress and the administration have agreed to make, higher interest rates or new fiscal pressures during this period.

"The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics"

Fitch Statement Shows US Downgrade Risk Remains In Play
Fitch said that it “projects that US government debt, including debt incurred by state and local governments as well as the federal government, will reach 100% of GDP by the end of 2012, and will continue to rise over the medium term - a profile that is not consistent with the United States retaining its 'AAA' sovereign rating.”

Gold upgrade to a Tier 1 Asset while US Bonds get downgraded.

I remember someone posting the Chinese and European banks downgrades, at the time it was basically who what? the warning signs have been there for while.

Do you really think you can bluff your way past me?

It hasn't worked the first few times you tried it.

You can't dispute what I said. I get it.

My Golden Retriever could outsmart you... you make no sense whatsoever.

Food Hostages?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You get a chance to do something about it next year in November.

Sad time not to have food,

any garden should be in full production right about now.

I know, its hard work, hmm, never mind,

that probably explains why liberals dont have any.

Ok, let's get away from the idiot and his food hostage nonsense... our credit rating went down for a few simple reasons: Profligate defect spending, massive debt, printing money and the monetizing of debt. The $ is the World's reserve currency and the $ is becoming worthless.

Look Section 8, I mean Article 15, I'm sure there's a thread about not raising taxes last December.. please take you food hostage rant and go there.

Thanks.

Yeah, that's it.

S&P gave ample warning for Congress to get their act together and stop the brinkmanship and bickering. It is causing uncertainty on the global markets and destroying our image around the world
US used to set the standard. Now we are a laughingstock headed for third world status

By all means, please, refocus on the OP.

My point has been made and you couldn't refute it.

You should have let your dog give it a shot.

Yeah, that's it.

S&P gave ample warning for Congress to get their act together and stop the brinkmanship and bickering. It is causing uncertainty on the global markets and destroying our image around the world
US used to set the standard. Now we are a laughingstock headed for third world status

No, they gave a warning to cut the debt by $4,000,000,000,000. Instead, we added debt and increased spending.

By all means, please, refocus on the OP.

My point has been made and you couldn't refute it.

You should have let your dog give it a shot.

Why would one bother refuting the idiotic notion of food hostages in a credit rating downgrade thread?

Please, go back to World of Warcraft and leave us alone.

Well, what does what you are saying have to do with this thread? Do you have ADD or something?

And to your off-topic point, so what? 99 weeks of unemployment is fucking retarded and not raising taxes is a good thing.

yeah... look at all the good it's doing for us:cuckoo:

Here's a hint. All you liberals get together and Pool ALL YOUR MONIES and give it to your GOVERMENT, for the GOOD of the Country, of course.

Are you saying the government belongs to us and not you?

If that is true we need to deport you.

Simple. They refused to budge on unemployment extension unless the Bush tax cuts were extended.

Fin.

Moron.

Ok, I want to make sure we're clear, your claiming that not raising taxes on roughly 5% of the population and extending unemployment to 99 weeks is the reason our credit has been downgraded to AA+?

I am claiming exactly what I said I was claiming:

The GOP refused to extend unemployment until the tax cuts were extended.

Dispute it.

so what? unemployment requires more fed. spending, well borrowing, now you cold say hey we raised taxs we could pay for it, unfortunately is doesn't work that way, its not like its earmarked for that alone.

I cannot remember a time where in unemployment was extended for 2 years?:eusa_eh:

you do know that businesses pay a unemployment insurance (UI) tax to the state who then puts it ( ha ha ) in a fund for unemployment expenditures?

In many states the fund was exhausted after 16 months ( some sooner) and the states started ratcheting up the fund tax to help defray costs so to that extent, taxs have already gone up to help pay unemployment benefits at the state level, and, who do you think winds up paying that extra tax? to a large extent we do, by paying higher prices as these businesses pass on the costs of increased bus. expense.

Yeah, that's it.

Yep, and look WHO is IN CHAREGE. Now all of a sudden you are all worried about it.

CNN: Chinese agency downgrades U.S. credit rating for the 3rd time.
The Dagong Global Credit Rating Company, which lowered the United States to A+ last November after the U.S. Federal Reserve decided to continue loosening its monetary policy, announced a further downgrade to A

German Rating Agency Feri Downgrades US Government Bonds: AAA to AA! | zero hedge

Egan-Jones Downgrades US From AAA To AA+ It had nothing to do with the current Debt Limit!!! It was due to the looming 100% Debt to GDP ratio.

Moody's lowered its outlook on U.S. debt to "negative." | CNN

S&P Downgraded US Credit to AA+ | AP

Fitch Statement Shows US Downgrade Risk Remains In Play
Fitch said that it “projects that US government debt, including debt incurred by state and local governments as well as the federal government, will reach 100% of GDP by the end of 2012, and will continue to rise over the medium term - a profile that is not consistent with the United States retaining its 'AAA' sovereign rating.”

Gold upgrade to a Tier 1 Asset while US Bonds get downgraded.

I remember someone posting the Chinese and European banks downgrades, at the time it was basically who what? the warning signs have been there for while.

I agree. The faux surprise is mildly amusing. This downgrade was well telegraphed.

Forum List

Back