Is the GOP hoping 72,000 first responders die quickly?

R

rdean

INTERVIEW: 9/11 Responder Urges Congress to Approve Bill to Cover Health Costs

This from Fox:

Parts of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act, which covers health care costs for 72,000 first responders, have already expired, and the fund will run out of money by February 2016.

More than 1,700 first responders have died since 9/11 due to cancer or other respiratory diseases because of the toxic ash and dust they inhaled at Ground Zero.

--------------------------------------

That's how Republicans take care of brave Americans. Keeping them in limbo. Terrorizing them by ignoring their needs.
What a disgrace.

ass-trophy.gif

This from Fox:

Parts of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act, which covers health care costs for 72,000 first responders, have already expired, and the fund will run out of money by February 2016.

More than 1,700 first responders have died since 9/11 due to cancer or other respiratory diseases because of the toxic ash and dust they inhaled at Ground Zero.

That's how Republicans take care of brave Americans. Keeping them in limbo. Terrorizing them by ignoring their needs.
What a disgrace.
The irresponsibility is numbing. John Stewart had to browbeat the gop into funding this in the first place. It's a natl disgrace. And I seldom respond to your threads. (no personal offense intended)

This from Fox:

What a disgrace.

Lets be totally honest here.

The ONLY reason why they were exposed to those toxins is because the bush boy got his head of the EPA, christine todd whitman to go on all the news channels and talk shows telling Americans that air wasn't toxic and not harmful to breathe.

While all the time she and the rest of the bush boy cabinet and spokespeople knew the honest truth.

They lied to those Americans who only wanted to help. They could have provided proper equipment but they didn't.

It took years for the first responders to get help and now that help is in jeopardy because of the republicans.

I honestly don't know how conservatives/republicans can live with themselves.

OK, lets use an in between figure here. $9.5 billion divided by 72K people is $132000 per person. Is it possible that there is some waste here? Second of all, are all 72K people in desperate need of constant medical care?

I'm not saying we should abandon these people, but I can't envision that all 72K people are at the brink of death unless this becomes a permanent pile of money.

I'm a volunteer fire fighter, if something happens to me, I'm on the hook for it. It's a risk I'm willing to take to keep my community protected. If I'm not mistaken, first responders in NYC are well paid and have medical benefits. So sorry if I'm skeptical that this is another means for the democrook union interests to scam the tax payer.

OK, lets use an in between figure here. $9.5 billion divided by 72K people is $132000 per person. Is it possible that there is some waste here? Second of all, are all 72K people in desperate need of constant medical care?

I'm not saying we should abandon these people, but I can't envision that all 72K people are at the brink of death unless this becomes a permanent pile of money.

I'm a volunteer fire fighter, if something happens to me, I'm on the hook for it. It's a risk I'm willing to take to keep my community protected. If I'm not mistaken, first responders in NYC are well paid and have medical benefits. So sorry if I'm skeptical that this is another means for the democrook union interests to scam the tax payer.

So you need to be on the brink of death before you need help? Typical of how Republicans think. Some of us believe in pre-emptive medicine and not waiting until the brink of death.

And that's total honesty and common sense.

What? No snappy comeback?

Guess "let him die" wasn't a joke after all.

So you need to be on the brink of death before you need help? Typical of how Republicans think. Some of us believe in pre-emptive medicine and not waiting until the brink of death.

And that's total honesty and common sense.
Aren't firefighters in new York unionized? I thought Unions took care of their own?

You're REAL LOW on my list of priority when it comes to a response loon. Especially since your ability to actually have a rational discussion is non-existent. Like most bed wetters you have no cognitive capacity, you're a mindless, servile parasite and it would be more productive to discuss this or any issue with the brick wall because it's no where near as dense.

You simply put words in my mouth without addressing the substance of the post. That's why you're largely ignored unless I'm inclined to further humiliate you.

When I tell oxygen thieves like you that a retroactive self abortion would be their most noble act, and that fertilizer is the best possible contribution you will ever give to the planet, you should have no doubt that I am not joking at all.

This from Fox:

What a disgrace.

Lets be totally honest here.

The ONLY reason why they were exposed to those toxins is because the bush boy got his head of the EPA, christine todd whitman to go on all the news channels and talk shows telling Americans that air wasn't toxic and not harmful to breathe.

While all the time she and the rest of the bush boy cabinet and spokespeople knew the honest truth.

They lied to those Americans who only wanted to help. They could have provided proper equipment but they didn't.

It took years for the first responders to get help and now that help is in jeopardy because of the republicans.

I honestly don't know how conservatives/republicans can live with themselves.
Because they are dishonest and immoral. It's who they are.

You're REAL LOW on my list of priority when it comes to a response loon. Especially since your ability to actually have a rational discussion is non-existent. Like most bed wetters you have no cognitive capacity, you're a mindless, servile parasite and it would be more productive to discuss this or any issue with the brick wall because it's no where near as dense.

You simply put words in my mouth without addressing the substance of the post. That's why you're largely ignored unless I'm inclined to further humiliate you.

When I tell oxygen thieves like you that a retroactive self abortion would be their most noble act, and that fertilizer is the best possible contribution you will ever give to the planet, you should have no doubt that I am not joking at all.

You said:

Sure looks like you are saying they aren't worth supporting or they don't need support until they are at the brink of death.

Whouldnt they qualify for disability ? The regular system I mean .

RDean, given that you support and defend killing babies in the womb, even ones that are in their third trimester, you have no moral authority to be talking about any moral issue of any kind. You are as bad as the pro-slavery apologists of the 1850s, if not worse.

You have also been one of the chief deniers of the facts about the Planned Parenthood videos and of the disgusting things those videos show and voice. You keep repeating the thoroughly debunked claim that the videos have been "deceptively edited." You're just fine and dandy with a "non-profit" organization that sells babies' body parts and whose execs fly around on chartered jets and enjoy lavish parties, all the while getting hundreds of millions of our tax dollars.

So you have no moral authority to be talking about anything that involves right vs. wrong or good vs. evil. When you stop supporting killing babies via elective abortion, then you'll have some credibility when it comes to basic morality and right vs. wrong.

You said:

Sure looks like you are saying they aren't worth supporting or they don't need support until they are at the brink of death.

Ok, so in addition to having no critical thinking skills, your reading comprehension is pathetic.

I'm saying these people have tax payer funded health benefits. This demand for an additional 10 billion dollars looks more like yet another democrook slush fund to funnel more union money into democrook political whore campaign accounts, than something that will make a difference between life or death for anyone.

Again, I am a volunteer first responder. So I have a sense of kinship with these people. If it really looked like a situation that these people were in need, I wouldn't question it.

Forum List

Back