Is the disastrous GOP Foxconn deal what sunk the Amazon deal?

Problem is Republicans think all business is great. That business is on the side of the American people. That business is a kind of charity that hands out jobs to the undeserving.
Well as we know from Donald Trump, many business deals are actually scams that hurt a lot of people.

Problem is Republicans think all business is great.

Problem is Democrats think all government is great.
Adults look at ech deal seperately and decide on fancts on the ground. My city has given away tax abatement after tax abatement that did not pay off for the city long term. A few did how ever pay off. It does not matter what letter was in front of the reps name a bad deal is a bad deal. In our case it was Dems and republicans alike making mistakes on these deals. The world is not as simple as republican good democrat bad or vise versa. It boils down to the fact that when giving tax abatement it is based on extrapolation which is never as accurate as interpolation. Almost no abatement payed off from 2005 to 2015 for my city. Of course the economy blew during this time.
The economy was bad in 2015? 2009 I could see, but 2015? Unemployment was already down to like 6% in 2015
Unfortunately it takes year for tax abatements to pay off. Do you not understand how years of not paying off put these deals in the red and a few good years of economy does not return it to the black. Further more there has been little to no wage gain during the recovery. Some of them were just bad deals from the start where the companies that recieved them did not full fill thier promises.

Problem is Republicans think all business is great. That business is on the side of the American people. That business is a kind of charity that hands out jobs to the undeserving.
Well as we know from Donald Trump, many business deals are actually scams that hurt a lot of people.

Adults look at ech deal seperately and decide on fancts on the ground. My city has given away tax abatement after tax abatement that did not pay off for the city long term. A few did how ever pay off. It does not matter what letter was in front of the reps name a bad deal is a bad deal. In our case it was Dems and republicans alike making mistakes on these deals. The world is not as simple as republican good democrat bad or vise versa. It boils down to the fact that when giving tax abatement it is based on extrapolation which is never as accurate as interpolation. Almost no abatement payed off from 2005 to 2015 for my city. Of course the economy blew during this time.
The economy was bad in 2015? 2009 I could see, but 2015? Unemployment was already down to like 6% in 2015
Unfortunately it takes year for tax abatements to pay off. Do you not understand how years of not paying off put these deals in the red and a few good years of economy does not return it to the black. Further more there has been little to no wage gain during the recovery. Some of them were just bad deals from the start where the companies that recieved them did not full fill thier promises.
I notice the vast difference between years and decades. They’re already saying that the foxconn deal won’t make a profit until 2043. That’s decades.

Wisconsin got screwed by Republicans and that’s why Scott Walker lost the governorship.
And the biggest screw was Republicans making a deal with Foxconn that screwed the people of Wisconsin.
When corporations say they want billions of dollars, you don’t just stop there, you negotiate. I know Republicans don’t really understand what that means but the rest of the people do. Negotiation is a good thing. Something Donald Trump is really bad at. Republicans are no better.

Actually, no. Our property and income taxes went down under Scott Walker. He also gave us a concealed carry law, a stand your ground law, brought many businesses to Wisconsin, broke the balls of the big labor unions, and made public employees pony up for their own insurance like everyone else.

How that POS Evers got is elected, nobody can seem to figure out. But we still have a Republican-controlled Senate and Assembly, so he's pretty much a worthless lame duck Governor. He can't take a crap without the Republicans giving him the ok.

This 1 number sums up why that Foxconn deal is over-the-top bad for Wisconsin

Every day the failed Amazon deal gets bigger and worse according to Republicans. First it was 20,000 jobs and then 25,000 jobs and who knows how many it’s going to be next time, 20 million jobs?
It’s like a scam artist. You give me $1 billion and I’ll give you back $2 billion next Tuesday.
Now it could’ve been a good deal. Who knows? But after the disaster of the Foxconn deal in Wisconsin, people are naturally going to be a little bit gun shy.

Trump called Foxconn's Wisconsin factory an 'incredible investment,' but evidence is mounting it's a terrible deal

Wisconsin's deal with Foxconn was as bad as they come
Why dont you tell us all you know the differance between your ass and a hole in the ground so we can all get a good laugh.

I notice the vast difference between years and decades. They’re already saying that the foxconn deal won’t make a profit until 2043. That’s decades.
We had a similar deal here. Where we created a target neighborhood for revitalization. Our estimates were a forty year pay off. The funny thing is that is one of the few abatements that appears as though it will hit it's targets. Assuming the neighborhood continues it's current success for another 12 years it will actually be one of the good deals we made. At this point it may pay off even quicker as some surrounding neighborhoods also were brought up in value more than anticipated. One must understand this was not an abatement given to a specific buisness it was given to commercial and residential owner through out the entire area. Recently our cities deals with coporations has not paid off well for us. We have had some suburbs in the area that have benefited from these types of deals but the main city here has not experienced the same success when dealing with corps recently.

Wisconsin got screwed by Republicans and that’s why Scott Walker lost the governorship.
And the biggest screw was Republicans making a deal with Foxconn that screwed the people of Wisconsin.
When corporations say they want billions of dollars, you don’t just stop there, you negotiate. I know Republicans don’t really understand what that means but the rest of the people do. Negotiation is a good thing. Something Donald Trump is really bad at. Republicans are no better.

Actually, no. Our property and income taxes went down under Scott Walker. He also gave us a concealed carry law, a stand your ground law, brought many businesses to Wisconsin, broke the balls of the big labor unions, and made public employees pony up for their own insurance like everyone else.

How that POS Evers got is elected, nobody can seem to figure out. But we still have a Republican-controlled Senate and Assembly, so he's pretty much a worthless lame duck Governor. He can't take a crap without the Republicans giving him the ok.
Stand your ground is only for non blacks.

Remember, Trayvon Martin ran away at first. But he was chased down by Republican hero and child murderer, Zimmerman, and when Martin decided to "hold his ground" and confront the man who was chasing him, Zimmerman shot the unarmed and underaged teen dead in cold blood.

Then Republicans sent Zimmerman hundreds of thousands of dollars for his defense.

Donations pour in to Trayvon Martin's killer - CNN

We will never know if Amazon was an even worse deal than Foxconn.
I feel sorry for Wisconsin considering what Republicans did to them.
Think they will vote for Trump?

Remember, Trayvon Martin ran away at first. But he was chased down by Republican hero and child murderer, Zimmerman, and when Martin decided to "hold his ground" and confront the man who was chasing him, Zimmerman shot the unarmed and underaged teen dead in cold blood.

Then Republicans sent Zimmerman hundreds of thousands of dollars for his defense.

when Martin decided to "hold his ground" and confront the man who was chasing him,

The "stand your ground" law says "a person" is justified in using deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm, or to prevent a forcible felony. ...

What was the justification?

That's bullshit and you know it. Martin had Zimmerman down on the ground and was banging his head against the sidewalk.

That POS thug Trayvon got what was coming to him. You didn't keep up with the investigation and court proceedings, I see. Zimmerman even got his gun back.

We will never know if Amazon was an even worse deal than Foxconn.
I feel sorry for Wisconsin considering what Republicans did to them.
Think they will vote for Trump?

Actually we fared pretty well under Walker. I seriously doubt things will be all that good under Evers, though. The little dipshit doesn't seem to have a clue about anything.

Every day the failed Amazon deal gets bigger and worse according to Republicans. First it was 20,000 jobs and then 25,000 jobs and who knows how many it’s going to be next time, 20 million jobs?
It’s like a scam artist. You give me $1 billion and I’ll give you back $2 billion next Tuesday.
Now it could’ve been a good deal. Who knows? But after the disaster of the Foxconn deal in Wisconsin, people are naturally going to be a little bit gun shy.

Trump called Foxconn's Wisconsin factory an 'incredible investment,' but evidence is mounting it's a terrible deal

No, Amazon put Sears and JC Penney out of business and Walmart got on Amazon's ass. Walmart could and very will can put Amazon out of business.

It's like a moron test.

Amazon....I give you $27 billion, instead of $30 billion.

AOC....Outrageous!!! I insist you give me $0

Amazon.....okay...……..idiot.
We don't need more crony capitalism. Why do you trust politicians to make these deals?

It's like a moron test.

We don't need more crony capitalism. Why do you trust politicians to make these deals?

Should NY let AOC spend the $3 billion they saved?

It's like a moron test.

That depends on a lot of things. Is the spending really needed? Do they have a big surplus. I believe in balanced budgets.

These deals just increase corruption. We should be limiting the power of politicians, we have enough corruption.

It's like a moron test.

That depends on a lot of things. Is the spending really needed? Do they have a big surplus. I believe in balanced budgets.

These deals just increase corruption. We should be limiting the power of politicians, we have enough corruption.

Do they have a big surplus.

Don't they have an extra $3 billion that they couldn't spend last week?

I think it's clear that statism killed the deal. If you think a person in business is going to make a bad deal then you're crazy. They wouldn't be in business long, and that's how progressives get business owners to buy into their shit. They offer them tax advantages. In this case nobody in NY was willing to do it. Maybe another Blue State will offer them something.

It's like a moron test.

Do they have a big surplus.

Don't they have an extra $3 billion that they couldn't spend last week?
It did appear they were somehow going to give cash to Amazon. Do you really want politicians to have so much influence on private business?

Forum List

Back