Is the Board Crashing Again?

It usually takes me four attempts before I can log in, here, but this is not the only site, having the same issues. There is another talk forum that I occasionally frequent that also causes me to make multiple attempts to log in. Other forums don't have that problem, only these 2. I have been told that it is my cookies. No way. I have cookies enabled. It happens in both Internet Explorer and with Firefox, as well.

It usually takes me four attempts before I can log in, here, but this is not the only site, having the same issues. There is another talk forum that I occasionally frequent that also causes me to make multiple attempts to log in. Other forums don't have that problem, only these 2. I have been told that it is my cookies. No way. I have cookies enabled. It happens in both Internet Explorer and with Firefox, as well.

Is that other site a vBulletin board as well?

Delete your cookies. Don't disable them.

Its fast as fast can be from here.

The only thing I noticed was that yesterday it seemed like in the mafia forums, the threads were bolded like it does when there are new posts when there were no new posts on those threads from the last few times I logged onto the site during the day.

The only thing I noticed was that yesterday it seemed like in the mafia forums, the threads were bolded like it does when there are new posts when there were no new posts on those threads from the last few times I logged onto the site during the day.
That just occurred. This is the second time I have tagged the last post thinking it was going to be new. But Noooooo! I got your post both times.

At least I'm not getting ads and red links.

Last edited:
On my older PPC computer at work it keeps freezing my TenFourFox browser. It is the only site that does that, but I don't access any other vBulletin sites there. Unfortunately TenFourFox is about the only browser that still works on the old OS X 10.4 operating system and they still use some expensive programs that need Classic OS 9, so they won't upgrade their system. At home on my newer Mac it works fine.

That it came out of nowhere and didn't last too awful long tells me it was too many crawlbots clogging up traffic.

This being a $$$ site means CK can't possibly kill them all, plus there are always new spambot hordes from China and Russia and Ukraine trying to get in.

The damned scripts trying to suck information from my Linux box are slowing the site down. At any given time, there are 6 to 10 sites trying to get into my box. Can't ADMIN exclude the malicious ones like luminate and pool.adizio? Or does FF make money selling our passwords?

The damned scripts trying to suck information from my Linux box are slowing the site down. At any given time, there are 6 to 10 sites trying to get into my box. Can't ADMIN exclude the malicious ones like luminate and pool.adizio? Or does FF make money selling our passwords?

No tee shirts, no coffee mugs, no passwords.. But we DO HAVE an overstock of USMB bumper stickers and handcuffs..

Then there is no reason to allow Luminate.com and pool.adizo.com and 6 or 8 others to try to get into my computer. I'm certain there is someone at FF who is capable of running a secure website.

Then there is no reason to allow Luminate.com and pool.adizo.com and 6 or 8 others to try to get into my computer. I'm certain there is someone at FF who is capable of running a secure website.

FaceBook is mucking with your mood in massive Psych experiments, Google knows what kind of Toilet Paper you bought last month, and the Cell Companies are tracking you to 100 meters for selling you things.. And you're worried that some words might become hyperlinks to ads that you can ignore?

Priorities man -- Priorities.. This is the 21st century.. NOBODY makes makes money by building things anymore..

Forum List

Back