Is the Barry Administration going to Ban Conversations in Cars?

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by mal, Jan 13, 2010.

1. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Is the Barry Administration going to Ban Conversations in Cars?

FocusDriven advocates share their stories in campaign to end distracted driving - Welcome to the Fast Lane: The Official Blog of the U.S. Secretary of Transportation

US Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood was suggesting that you and I put our cell phones in the glove box or turn them off when we are driving in recent comments he was making.

Make NO mistake, he is going to use the full force of the United States Government to accomplish his goal of Ending ALL cell phone use in the United States by drivers of motor vehicles.

My question is this, where does it end?

If my use of a hands-free device is distracting then so is having a conversation with the person next to me or others in the car having conversations.

What about car seats of screaming and projectile throwing babies?

Is Mr. LaHood going to push to Ban ALL conversations in cars after he is done with cells?

Then move to Fine Mothers who's Children are distracting them?

It would be the Honest conclusion to his goal of Ending Distracted Driving.

I noticed something else about this and other holier-than-thou Liberals pushing ever further into our personal lives using this Distracted Driving Mule currently...

They don't seem to have the Courage to call out Women who do any number of things including putting on make-up while driving, which just about everyone of us sees in our morning commute.

I’ve seen a Woman knee-driving, putting on make-up with one hand and alternating her other hand between a smoke and a cup of coffee.

Some of you are Angry at me right now and thinking, “he’s Lying”… Others are nodding because you’ve seen it also, or worse… You’ve done it yourself and think it’s perfectly OK because you haven’t plowed into a bus stop yet.

Don't even get me started on loud music.

Mr. LaHood doesn't call out these other Distracted Driving issues because he's afraid of being called a sexist, racist or whatever else most Liberals stay up at night worrying about if he does, but this same Administration will quietly watch as a Bill goes through to Obama that he will likely sign that will Tax the existing Healthcare of MILLIONS of Middle Class Teachers, mostly Women, to help pay for this attempt and first step towards Socialized Medicine.

Something Candidate Obama accused McCain of wanting to do, and something Barry said he would NOT do.

Well, he's got the Veto Pen, what do you think Barry will do?

DemocRATS are REAL good at appearing to Care about you when they want your Vote, but as you can see, they only Care about having more control over your Lives and your Labors.

Welcome to the Bed you have made... Sleep well.

Copyright ©2010 - americanfreepress.org/tha malcontent​

:)

peace...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. Conspiracist

Conspiracist Snuggle weather rocks!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +505
    I can't believe anyone is happy they voted for Obama. We truly need an election with at least one good candidate. This is sickening.

3. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Manufacturers and businesses like the guys who make the products used by On-Star, and On-Star itself, as well as the folks who put BlueTooth devices in the dashboards of new cars and the folks who manufacture those BlueTooth and similar devices which we place in our own ears, so that we can chat without having to take our eyes off the road or a hand off the sterring wheel, are gonna be PISSED at the Obama Administration if the nanny state statists try to cram this shit through.

And what about McDonalds and Boiga King? Fuck that whole "drive through window" shit. That will go the way of the drive-in movie theaters.

The new nanny state Public service advertisemenst will be along these lines, I would imagine!

D*rth-Vader like voice over: "Eating while driving is distracted driving. Take a bite, go to jail! {heavy metallic clanking sound of cell door being slammed shut!}

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,020
    Will we be allowed to eat or drink coffee while we drive?

Why are Liberal...er, Progressive always such total Fascists?

5. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    So much for Cup Holders... Out like the Cig Lighter...

Maybe the Cup Holder can Hold the Litter we are Forced to Stop and Pick up under the "Save Mother Earth at ALL Costs" Law of 2011!

And then when Accidents Happen because of that, they'll Ban that Activity! :lol:

peace...

6. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Citizen CrusaderFrank!

You have just spoken disrespectfully of our liberal brothers and sisters -- and of our progressive brothers and sisters, to the extent that "liberals" and "progressives" are not the same thing.

Speaking disrespectfully of another person on the basis of his or her political ideology is, under Executive Order 2010-0001-0001(a)(ii)(c), now classified as a hate crime.

Promptly report to an Obama Re-Education Center.​

7. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    :rofl:

peace...

8. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    That's an excellent idea. Most of the time someone almost runs into me I look up and see them with a cell phone in their hand. I was crossing the street as a pedestrian once on LSU's campus, where all vehicles must yield to pedestrians in crosswalks. The driver didn't see me because she was on her damn cell phone. Fortunately she looked up in time to brake and come to rest about 1 foot in front of my legs. Did she hang up the phone? Of course not, she merely relayed to the person on the other end she nearly killed someone.

Excellent.

Where does what end?

This is not supported by science.
    Chatty Driving: Phones vs. Passengers - Well Blog - NYTimes.com

Nor is it supported by common sense. Anyone who has ever driven with a cell phone hands free or not knows that a conversation with someone not in the car is more distracting than a conversation with someone in the car.

No.

Are you retarded or something?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Listen RETARD...

There is NO Way that a Blue Tooth in my Ear is ANYMORE Distracting than a Person next to me or behind me in the Car.

A Cell in Hand, MAYBE...

Try again...

If anything, the People in the Car Cause you to look at them Instinctfully and a Hands Free Device does NOT.

This Absurdity is why I don't Buy the Research:

“In terms of risk, you’re as likely to be in an accident talking on the cell phone as you are if you are legally drunk,” Dr. Strayer said.

^Does ANYONE Honestly Beleive this?...

If so, then Drunken Driving isn't really a Serious Issue.

peace...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    There ya have it folks it has been peer reviewed.

LOL.