Bull Ring Is religion the greatest evil that has ever face humanity? RWS vs ding

Point #6: Religion teaches that we have a choice in how we behave.

MAJOR NO. If you had a choice, it would be a faith.
The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.
If you had a choice, you could be like me. I'm also born Catholic, but I don't need to believe in their myths. I don't believe in their supernatural beings. I do have faith in the words of Jesus Christ. But I don't think he's a god, or a son of god... That's ridiculous. He's just a regular guy that may or may not have said good things. We don't know if he said them, or if it was written for him many years after. I have faith in the ideal of Jesus.

The difference between you and me is that you believe in all the religious crap that surrounds Jesus. You are a true religious fanatic. And you have hatred in your heart for non-believers. It just needs to be drawn out.

Point #7: Religion teaches that actions have consequences.

If so, why aren't all Catholics burning in hell? Because they committed atrocities that are too horrible to mention.

because there is no Hell. And there is no God. And your religion kills people for power and money without any consequences, because you blindly believe in it.

Point #3: Religion gave us the concept of subsidiarity.
That's total BS. They made their religion spread based upon the opposite.
The concept of subsidiarity started with Moses and is the basis for all Christian charities and organizations. Maybe you don't know what subsidiarity actually means.

Maybe you don't.

per google definition:Subsidiarity is an organizing principle that matters ought to be handled by the smallest, lowest or least centralized competent authority. Political decisions should be taken at a local level if possible, rather than by a central authority.

Moses was a ruler, he was not the lowest, or least authority.
Chapter 18 Exodus

RESource

Subsidiarity | Povertycure

An Explanation of the Principle of Subsidiarity

Subsidiarity: Where responsibility begins

The Catechism of the Catholic Church says of Subsidiarity –

The human person needs to live in society. Society is not for him an extraneous addition but a requirement of his nature (1879)….A society is a group of persons bound together organically by a principle of unity that goes beyond each one of them (1880)….but the human person is and ought to be the principle, the subject and the end of all social institutions. (1881)…..Excessive intervention by the state can threaten personal freedom and initiative. The teaching of the Church has elaborated the principle of subsidiarity, according to which “a community of a higher order should not interfere in the internal life of a community of a lower order, depriving the latter of its functions, but rather should support it in case of need and help to co- ordinate its activity with the activities of the rest of society, always with a view to the common good.” (1883)…..The principle of subsidiarity is opposed to all forms of collectivism. It sets limits for state intervention. It aims at harmonizing the relationships between individuals and societies. It tends toward the establishment of true international order (1885).

You had that set up, didn't ya? Because it's too fast to type in response.

If you believe in a religion, you have no choices in how to behave.

If you have faith, you can.
1731 Freedom is the power, rooted in reason and will, to act or not to act, to do this or that, and so to perform deliberate actions on one's own responsibility. By free will one shapes one's own life. Human freedom is a force for growth and maturity in truth and goodness; it attains its perfection when directed toward God, our beatitude.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - Man's freedom

Stop breaking the rules. No quotes. Just your own words. That was part of the rules. You continue to link and quote from others. Stop it. Just your words vs mine. If you can't handle it, then just kneel to me. :) I'll be nice to you...
You will have to show me where that rule is, RWS.

I made a statement. You challenged it. I provided the basis for the statement FROM A RELIGIOUS SOURCE. That's how it works.

I really like your recap though. Very articulate.
Do I really have to dig it up from the previous thread? I don't want to embarrass you, but the agreement was no copy/pasting or linking to religious sites.
Yes. Because I am posting from the catechism. It isn’t a religious site. Its the freaking catechism of the Catholic faith. It’s literally what we believe.

You literally challenged what we believed. How else am I going to prove it to you that what I am posting is what my religion believes and teaches.
Use your own words, like I do. If you really understand it, you don't need to quote stuff. I don't need to quote anybody or anything I argue about. Until we get into ancient Mesopotamian texts falsifying your relligion, then you may demand a reference. But I will still say them in my own words. Copying and pasting a quote, is chickening out.

Point #16: Religion can act as a source of hope for the oppressed.

1731 Freedom is the power, rooted in reason and will, to act or not to act, to do this or that, and so to perform deliberate actions on one's own responsibility. By free will one shapes one's own life. Human freedom is a force for growth and maturity in truth and goodness; it attains its perfection when directed toward God, our beatitude.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - Man's freedom

Stop breaking the rules. No quotes. Just your own words. That was part of the rules. You continue to link and quote from others. Stop it. Just your words vs mine. If you can't handle it, then just kneel to me. :) I'll be nice to you...
You will have to show me where that rule is, RWS.

I made a statement. You challenged it. I provided the basis for the statement FROM A RELIGIOUS SOURCE. That's how it works.

I really like your recap though. Very articulate.
Do I really have to dig it up from the previous thread? I don't want to embarrass you, but the agreement was no copy/pasting or linking to religious sites.
Yes. Because I am posting from the catechism. It isn’t a religious site. Its the freaking catechism of the Catholic faith. It’s literally what we believe.

You literally challenged what we believed. How else am I going to prove it to you that what I am posting is what my religion believes and teaches.
Use your own words, like I do. If you really understand it, you don't need to quote stuff. I don't need to quote anybody or anything I argue about. Until we get into ancient Mesopotamian texts falsifying your relligion, then you may demand a reference. But I will still say them in my own words. Copying and pasting a quote, is chickening out.
You are disputing that the concept of subsidiarity did not come from religion.

Don't make stupid allegations and I won't have to prove you wrong with links that prove you wrong.

Point #15: Religion brings comfort to the terminally ill.
Where are you coming up with this stuff? Are you trying to say that without religion, the terminally ill would find no comfort?

Point #17: Religion teaches that we can transform ourselves.

RESource

The human person needs to live in society. Society is not for him an extraneous addition but a requirement of his nature (1879)….A society is a group of persons bound together organically by a principle of unity that goes beyond each one of them (1880)….but the human person is and ought to be the principle, the subject and the end of all social institutions. (1881)…..Excessive intervention by the state can threaten personal freedom and initiative. The teaching of the Church has elaborated the principle of subsidiarity, according to which “a community of a higher order should not interfere in the internal life of a community of a lower order, depriving the latter of its functions, but rather should support it in case of need and help to co- ordinate its activity with the activities of the rest of society, always with a view to the common good.” (1883)…..The principle of subsidiarity is opposed to all forms of collectivism. It sets limits for state intervention. It aims at harmonizing the relationships between individuals and societies. It tends toward the establishment of true international order (1885).
No quotes or pasting... This is invalid.

Point #17: Religion teaches that we can transform ourselves.
giphy.gif

RESource

No quotes or pasting... This is invalid.
All you have to do is admit that religion gave us the concept of subsidiarity then.

My turn, let's let rover take over...

Your religion is based on a much more ancient story from the Sumerians.

That story had changed throughout history to become religions. And those religions sought to seek power and money by killing or subjugating non-believers. It was a really smart plan. But it led to all the killings that followed.

6000 years later, we're still killing people based on their religions. Actually about 4000 years later, when the monotheistic religion began.

Those religions were created to create armies of people, willing to die, for their ruler. There were no missiles, or sniper guns, they needed people ready to die in close hand-to-hand combat. And the only way to do that, was to make them think their afterlife required it.

And when they won, they would pillage, and rape every woman, and take home any children that survived as slaves. That was what religion did...

And still do today. Your present santa claus version of Christianity is just a step away from reverting back to the original. And when it does, it will be horrific on a scale we have never seen....

Too many nukes are held by religious nations. The US is one of them. Russia and China are also religious nations. And the mideast, and India/Pakistan. It's gonna just take one religious ruler, to start the end of the world.

What we need to fix things is to make people realize that religions aren't true.

They're made-up fairy tales, created to make people follow the ruler.

The original writings they are based on, were written by the Sumerians in about 6000 BC. And they didn't say anything like what religious people follow today... They spoke about the Anunnaki. Modern day religions have changed that so much to suit their pursuits of money and power.

They have become so wickedly corrupted and evil. Even today. Just look at the Catholic church dismissing child abuse by their clergy. Clergy comes first, people come second...

Forum List

Back