Is Professional Wrestling fake?

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
ABC looked at it, sending John Stossel to a match to confront the wrestlers and tell them they are phonies.

Dr. David Schultz make a good case against the media's theorem.

this story is pretty old....even Tyrus the current NWA champ has hinted that its all kind of a predetermined show....

Sure.

But its still the responsibility of wrestlers to protect the business.

Bruno might not have slapped the shit out of Stossel, but he still wouldn't have stood silent while the reporter trashed his livelihood.

Sure.

But its still the responsibility of wrestlers to protect the business.

Bruno might not have slapped the shit out of Stossel, but he still wouldn't have stood silent while the reporter trashed his livelihood.
if you agree with what said why would you ask if its fake?..

Its like watching a western and there is the big fight in the saloon. It is a fight but not really a fight.. They do get bruised up and hurt but it is all scripted and winners are decided before hand. I have known that since I was kid back in the 1960s but I have enjoyed it all my life. Affordable entertainment for us working class folks.

Its like watching a western and there is the big fight in the saloon. It is a fight but not really a fight.. They do get bruised up and hurt but it is all scripted and winners are decided before hand. I have known that since I was kid back in the 1960s but I have enjoyed it all my life. Affordable entertainment for us working class folks.

You have to suspend disbelief in order to really enjoy Pro Wrestling as it was designed. That's why competitors have to protect the business by not letting on that it isn't a real contest.

When Pacino shot Solozzo and Bronson shot the Giggler, they didn't point out that it was fake before they did it.

Sure, fans of outstanding movies like Godfather and Death Wish 3 know that the shootings were facsimiles.

But the performers didn't let them know that on screen.

You have to suspend disbelief in order to really enjoy Pro Wrestling as it was designed. That's why competitors have to protect the business by not letting on that it isn't a real contest.

When Pacino shot Solozzo and Bronson shot the Giggler, they didn't point out that it was fake before they did it.

Sure, fans of outstanding movies like Godfather and Death Wish 3 know that the shootings were facsimiles.

But the performers didn't let them know that on screen.
Wait, I SAW MICHAEL BLAST THAT SOLOZZO POS!

In more recent years I've seen interviews with very big name wrestlers talking about it being fake. I saw a good one where The Undertaker talked about how much pressure he felt to stay in character in public even as more and more wrestlers weren't bothering. Hell, he's been out doing a ton of interviews, and he's never in character anymore.

Looked at it?

Dude..its fake. Completely fake. Totally choreographed.

ABC sent a top reporter, John Stossel who worked for the outfit at the time, to take a look and investigate if matches were being fixed in professional wrestling and if the fights were being faked.

Mr. Stossel decided to interview one of the top competitors in the WWR, Dr. David Schultz, to get to the bottom of it.

Stossel found out that in wrestling, its only the tough who survive.

Forum List

Back