Is President Trump trying to undermine democracy, or is he just irredeemably vain?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Opinion | Trump rams greatness down our throats

Beyond the garish presentation, it defaces the presidential seal: The eagle looks right instead of left, it no longer holds the 13 arrows representing the original states, and the national motto — “E pluribus unum,” which translates to “ Out of many, one” — is gone. Instead, both sides of the coin display Trump’s campaign motto, “Make America Great Again,” and his name appears four times.

Trump has copyrighted the phrase “Make America Great Again”; imagine the royalties if he can get it added to U.S. currency in place of the boring motto “In God We Trust.”

I regret that our head of state, with his jingoistic talk of greatness, squanders American goodness.

COIN001.JPG

-----------------

Is President Trump trying to undermine democracy, or is he just irredeemably vain?
Mmm, wow, that's a hard one.

I think Trump is irredeemably vain and Putin, through Trump, is undermining democracy.

LMAO! The Washington Post kisses Obama's ass for 8 years while he ACTIVELY pursued anti-American subversion. Donald Trump designs a friggin coin and THAT is what WAPO calls out as undermining Democracy.
A coin? Really?
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Banned
You guys haven't been keeping up, have you?

I heard that newly minted currency will replace in God we Trust with in Trump WeTrust.

It's proof that no matter what our Exalted President does (or his wife does) there will be a small army of assholes who dream up some justification to claim that this is yet another proof that he is Evil.

And some people will eat it up.

Opinion | Trump rams greatness down our throats

Beyond the garish presentation, it defaces the presidential seal: The eagle looks right instead of left, it no longer holds the 13 arrows representing the original states, and the national motto — “E pluribus unum,” which translates to “ Out of many, one” — is gone. Instead, both sides of the coin display Trump’s campaign motto, “Make America Great Again,” and his name appears four times.

Trump has copyrighted the phrase “Make America Great Again”; imagine the royalties if he can get it added to U.S. currency in place of the boring motto “In God We Trust.”

I regret that our head of state, with his jingoistic talk of greatness, squanders American goodness.

COIN001.JPG

-----------------

Mmm, wow, that's a hard one.

I think Trump is irredeemably vain and Putin, through Trump, is undermining democracy.
I'm putting this shit in my daily lie thread.

He's doing it to piss you off rderp. Mud whistle organized ALL the USMB Conservatives to piss you off!
Those ANTI derp forces gathered and pleaded with our fine president to troll you! And it's working!
MAGA

• Banned
It's proof that no matter what our Exalted President does (or his wife does) there will be a small army of assholes who dream up some justification to claim that this is yet another proof that he is Evil.

No matter what he does.

Whether it's telling lies.

Or

Ending healthcare for millions.

Or

A massive redistribution of wealth to the top 1%.

Or

Well,

You get the picture......................

It's part of "resist". Everything he does will be attacked. It doesn't matter whether it is a small thing or a big thing. It's everything.

Forum List

Back