IS obama funding terror?

Freelance Jihadists’ join Libyan rebels
Ex-al Qaeda member speaks out
ASSOCIATED PRESS Libyan rebels celebrate on the front line outside of Bin Jawaad, east of Sirte, in central Libya on Monday. A rebel who fought in Ras Lanuf and Bin Jawwad, another small eastern town, told The Times on the condition of anonymity that both towns were ASSOCIATED PRESS Libyan rebels celebrate on the front line outside of Bin Jawaad, east of Sirte, in central Libya on Monday. A rebel who fought in Ras Lanuf and Bin Jawwad, another small eastern town, told The Times on the condition of anonymity that both towns were “100 percent” under the opposition’s control.

By Eli Lake
'Freelance Jihadists' join Libyan rebels - Washington Times

A former leader of Libya’s al Qaeda affiliate says he thinks “freelance jihadists” have joined the rebel forces, as NATO’s commander told Congress on Tuesday that intelligence indicates some al Qaeda and Hezbollah terrorists are fighting Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s forces.

Former jihadist Noman Benotman, who renounced his al Qaeda affiliation in 2000, said in an interview that he estimates 1,000 jihadists are in Libya.

On Capitol Hill, Adm. James Stavridis, the NATO commander, when asked about the presence of al Qaeda terrorists among the rebels, said the leadership of the opposition is made up of “responsible men and women.”

“We have seen flickers in the intelligence of potential al Qaeda, Hezbollah,” the four-star admiral said. “We’ve seen different things. But at this point, I don’t have detail sufficient to say that there’s a significant al Qaeda presence, or any other terrorist presence, in and among these folks.”

The military is continuing to “look at that very closely,” he said, because “it’s part of doing due diligence as we move forward on any kind of relationship” with the opposition.

Outside observers generally estimate the number of trained Libyan fighters to be about 1,000.

Concern over the makeup of opposition forces surfaced Tuesday as representatives from 40 governments and international organizations met in London and stepped up efforts to oust the Gadhafi regime and prepared for a hoped-for transition to a democratic state.

Col. Gadhafis forces, meanwhile, launched counterattacks Tuesday against rebels advancing westward toward the capital, Tripoli.

Mr. Benotman told The Washington Times that al Qaeda’s North African affiliate, Al Qaeda in the Islamic Mahgreb, has tried without success to co-opt the leadership of Col. Gadhafi’s opposition. But Mr. Benotman said the interim council leading Libya’s opposition is seeking democratic elections, not an Islamic republic.

“We have freelance jihadists,” he said. “But everything is still under control of the interim national council. There is no other organization that says, ‘We are leaders of the revolution with this emir,’ like al Qaeda would. Everyone is afraid to do this; they would be labeled as undermining the people.”

if al queda wins with our help is obama guilty of terror funding, giving al queda access to oil money?

we are all blissfully ignorant of who the rebels are.

Are they brave people that needed planes shot down?
no
We are also killing people in tanks, trucks, and buildings. they are just as innocent as the rebels.

Do they have the support of Al-Q?
AQ is not above trying to move in and take over.

Muslim brotherhood?
damn right those nuts are in there.

what kills me is that we picked a side, not knowing who that side was.
We picked it to keep the army from killing 'rebels' not just innocent people. On top of that, the only people we are killing are people that have to follow orders, and not the people that are telling them who to kill.

Krist! we are not allowed to kill gadaffi!

So now these rebels are part of AQ?

Links please..

This should be interesting....

apparently, one guy said that he wouldn't attest to their being no AQ among the rebels. so that seems to be rightwingnut talking point of the day.

Libya: al-Qaeda among Libya rebels, Nato chief fears - Telegraph

'Al-Qaeda snatched missiles' in Libya | News.com.au

For you nay sayers...

Al Qaeda Presence Detected In Libya

Two of your links say the same thing (which isn't much) and the third is from the president of Chad who offers no reasons for his supposition....

what kills me is that we picked a side, not knowing who that side was.
We picked it to keep the army from killing 'rebels' not just innocent people. On top of that, the only people we are killing are people that have to follow orders, and not the people that are telling them who to kill.

Yeah, this whole war is pretty screwed up.

Personally, I really like knowing who Im supportng before I support them. It's still unclear even though we know there are some affilliations with Al Qaeda.

I think we are going to regret this down the line. Im not sure if it will be immediate or further down. This whole campaign stinks.

apparently, one guy said that he wouldn't attest to their being no AQ among the rebels. so that seems to be rightwingnut talking point of the day.

Libya: al-Qaeda among Libya rebels, Nato chief fears - Telegraph

'Al-Qaeda snatched missiles' in Libya | News.com.au

For you nay sayers...

Al Qaeda Presence Detected In Libya

Two of your links say the same thing (which isn't much) and the third is from the president of Chad who offers no reasons for his supposition....

:bang3:

Why do I even bother with you idiots.

When will, for ONCE, one of you libturds just admit it when you have been proved incorrect?

Ever wonder where Osama disappeared to?

Ever wonder where Obama came from?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJY3V-xfAXk&feature=related"]Who is Who? Osama Obama[/ame]

Slight plastic surgery turned Osama into Obama! Ted Kennedy knew this. That is why Ted had to die.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2YJ-_jos"]Barack Obama Bin Laden[/ame]

Just watched it again, holy crap!!!! Obama and Osama have near identical faces haha!!

I'll be honest - I don't care if the rebels have connections to AQ or not. We have a moral responsibility to prevent politicide - and if we were to stand on the sidelines and do nothing we'd be painted as supporting Qadaffi.

Regardless, Libya will decide for itself the path it wants to take. All we are currently doing is helping the people get that opportunity.

I'll be honest - I don't care if the rebels have connections to AQ or not. We have a moral responsibility to prevent politicide - and if we were to stand on the sidelines and do nothing we'd be painted as supporting Qadaffi.

Regardless, Libya will decide for itself the path it wants to take. All we are currently doing is helping the people get that opportunity.

So, you don't care that the last 10 years of war, according to US media and politicians, was built on fighting terrorists? In particular, Al-Qaeda. As long as we dont mind our own business and intervene in a civil war.?
FYI, Al-Qaeda came to be off funding from CIA special black ops in the 70s to fight the soviets. If you actually believe that we didnt know Al-Qaeda was responsible for the uprise in Libya, and now we are supporting their effort, you're pretty well conditioned just the way the psy-ops were suppose to condition you.

Congrats.

Last edited:

So, you don't care that the last 10 years of war, according to US media and politicians, was built on fighting terrorists? In particular, Al-Qaeda. As long as we dont mind our own business and intervene in a civil war.?
FYI, Al-Qaeda came to be off funding from CIA special black ops in the 70s to fight the soviets. If you actually believe that we didnt know Al-Qaeda was responsible for the uprise in Libya, and now we are supporting their effort, you're pretty well conditioned just the way the psy-ops were suppose to condition you.

Congrats.

i'm going to continue my honesty - anyone that uses the phrase "psy-ops" when talking about us citizens is immediately labeled a crack pot in my mind.

and yes, i believe that even if some of the fighters have al qaeda ties that is not enough of a reason for us to allow the slaughter of all of them.

Congrats.

i'm going to continue my honesty - anyone that uses the phrase "psy-ops" when talking about us citizens is immediately labeled a crack pot in my mind.

and yes, i believe that even if some of the fighters have al qaeda ties that is not enough of a reason for us to allow the slaughter of all of them.

Who said they were being slaughtered? That's projectory. It is also extremely naive.

Congrats.

These are rebels, not innocent civilians.

They chose victory or death.

They have connections to a terror group that wants to directly harm us. Gadaffi has no such illusions anymore.

if al queda wins with our help is obama guilty of terror funding, giving al queda access to oil money?

interesting that you should ask that question.... i am not sure some here would appreciate the answer....

our community agitator has been very busy throwing lots of folks under the bus in the name of community agitation.....

Forum List

Back