Is obama for the unions?

annie52

Rookie
Jun 26, 2009
I would love to hear comments about obama and how he is for the unions. There is a lot I don't understand and your comments would help me to understand some things.
Thank you,
Annie

Last edited:
I would love to hear comments about obama and how he is for the unions. There is a lot I don't understand and your comments would help me to understand some things.
Thank you,
Annie
Well, he bought a whole car company for one of them.

When you frame a discussion with the extremes of "for the unions" or "against the unions", at best you'll get a bunch of vague partisan answers.

Which I would guess is exactly what you're looking for.

Thank you,
Annie

Not enough. They did a lot to get him elected and either he does some things that are pro labor or expect him to lose the unions support in 2012.

Employee free choice act needs to pass.

And wages need to go up.

Not like what happened during the GOP's rule:

This from 2005:

Political Affairs Magazine - Workers' Wages Down, Corporate Profits Up

Workers' Wages Down, Corporate Profits Up

Unacceptable. This is one of the big reasons McCain lost.

Employee free choice act needs to pass.

Ah yes, AKA "card check" AKA "let's send union thugs out to intimidate voters who don't vote the 'right' way".

Yeah, that's what we need in America - more voter intimidation.

And wages need to go up.

Wages and compensation negotiated by the UAW is the primary factor in the Big Three's lack of competitiveness.

Toyota, who uses no union labor, sold as many cars as GM did in 2008.

Toyota made billions. GM lost billions.

The simple fact of the matter is that anytime you force your company to pay you for doing NOTHING, you will be, some days or months or years down the road, putting yourself out of a job.

Whine and cry about wages all you like, but the average line worker at GM has a total compensation package that half of this country would kill for - and it's bankrupted GM.

Congrats.

When he says he's for the unions, what he means is he is for the union bosses. They are the ones that spend the unions money on his campaign afterall.

Forum List

Back