Is journalism dead?

I used to think so...until Project veritas came along.
Not really. There was a brief period during the 1950s and early 60s where the major networks tried to be as impartial as possible. It didn't last long. Before and since the press was always highly partisan. In the 1800s most newspapers were nothing more than political party outlets funded by their respective political parties.

• Banned
The media NOW is owned by China or G. Soros, before we just got facts. Now? COVID this COVID that, and racist cops and hate crimes and interspersed with 90% blackish commercials.

They are paid whores.........just saying........But Stalin gives them good grades from the grave.

Journalism is dead in the mainstream media. It still exists elsewhere, but you have to look for it.

I'm not even a Christian, but I find the Christian Science monitor as being one of the better embodiments of good Journalistic practices.

90% blackish commercials?
Really. 14% of the populace became a whopping majority. SHHH, nobody noticed, because if we DO...we get this deer in the headlights innocent pretend surprise crap. Yes, blacks are being OVER represented. There. I said it.

I watch oldie stations primarily because Jesus in heaven, we get left handed eskimo lesbians that eat moss as "representative" of "culture". Because liberals say so.

Not really. There was a brief period during the 1950s and early 60s where the major networks tried to be as impartial as possible. It didn't last long. Before and since the press was always highly partisan. In the 1800s most newspapers were nothing more than political party outlets funded by their respective political parties.
Everyone is partisan, some just hide it better than others.

But why not be loud and proud?

Tim pool is good.

Legacy media journalism is absolutely dead. If you believe the rubbish they call news you're a fool.

Mainstream journalism is dead; it's been taken over by ignoramii who know literally nothing but the bromides of their activist agenda.

True journalism exists in the alt media and blogosphere, and is under constant attacks of censorship and deplatforming by the ignoramii's Tech Bro masters.

Last edited:
Everyone is partisan to differing degrees. Some more, some less.
Maybe it’s more about every US voter leans either left or right to varying degrees and dependent on the issue? This distinction accounts for moderates on both sides, authoritarians versus libertarians, independents who match more with either the conservative or liberal position, and all non-partisans.

Maybe it’s more about every US voter leans either left or right to varying degrees and dependent on the issue? This distinction accounts for moderates on both sides, authoritarians versus libertarians, independents who match more with either the conservative or liberal position, and all non-partisans.

One axis I might add to your list is conformist vs free thinking. As the level of conformity increases, the degree of authoritarianism tends to follow. That is why today's left is such a radically different group than when I was young in that it is now ultra-conformist, whereas it used to reject it.

Today's left is closer to fascist these days in its demands for unquestioning acceptance of woke authority.

One axis I might add to your list is conformist vs free thinking. As the level of conformity increases, the degree of authoritarianism tends to follow. That is why today's left is such a radically different group than when I was young in that it is now ultra-conformist, whereas it used to reject it.

Today's left is closer to fascist these days in its demands for unquestioning acceptance of woke authority.
I’ve observed those evolving political conditions in my region of the woods. There are areas within my state (IN) that have a slower political evolution than my conservative county, while Indianapolis remains blue. Indiana is never really first at anything, but that fits my right lean (on most issues).

As a kid I used to say, “I think liberals have it right on social issues, so I can freely be me while respecting others.” LOL Wow, talk about a complete 180! If I knew then what I know now, it must’ve been a partial hoax to lure in the young voters! Now we have step and fetch it tactics used by the left commanded from the top. No thanks to that offer.

Critical Theory 101-question everything.

Forum List

Back