Is it true black people are heavily discriminated in America?

This thread is revealing, in a disappointing sort of way. Racial attitudes, like so many other attitudes, are poorly developed and understood.
That said, the conditions for various minorities in America have improved so much in a generation or so that we should be pleased and continuing to progress. Look to science for facts if your heart won't lead you.

Let us minorities decide what we should be pleased about.

Police officer shoots an innocent black man in unjustified manner, causing outrage

Im from Australia but from what I have heard, black people are very hated in America. Is this true?

Stupid post, Lily! Forty years ago blacks faced very real racism in America. The same cities that once had racist white Police Chiefs who used dogs and fire hoses on black marchers now have black Mayors and Police Chiefs! The nation elected a black President. There are black news anchors. There are black MVP's in multiple sports leagues. Is there lingering racism? Of course. Human beings are tribal. We tend to view "outsiders" or anyone that doesn't look or act like us with suspicion. People like Milkweed and IM2 however use the race card continually because they don't want to admit that the police don't "target" minorities because of their skin pigmentation...they target criminals.

40 years ago it was 1978.Today blacks face very real racism in America. I know. I am black. If police were targeting people because they are criminals they would be targeting whites. That's what you refuse to admit.
They do target white people, dipshit.

And that is despite white people committing much less crime.

Whites commit the most crime.

Dear Australia,

Where do I begin?

First, let me say that I have only read through a few of the posts in response to your question. Please know that the first thing that you have to understand is that 99% of the posts here are by ignorant trolls who have no interest in a meaningful discourse on the subject. If you want to understand race relations in America, stop listening to them right now.

The first piece of bovine excrement that I want to dispel is the contention that it is white Christian males who are the most discriminated against. You have no idea how ridiculous that that is . White Christian males dominate the culture here. The meme that they are discriminated against is an ongoing rightwing talking point that actually makes no sense at all.

I am an older, liberal white guy from the north east US and I have been around long enough to know a few things and what I know is that race relations and racism is a complex subject. ( yes, my politics is at odds with my demographic- but not unheard of)

As I said, race in America is complex and you can’t just dumb it down to a question of whether or not there is racism or a how blacks are regarded here. There are vast difference in race relations from state to state and from region to region. Black people have vastly different life experiences in the more liberal parts of the country-specifically the north east and the west coast. The south is the worst with the Midwest being a close second.

There are also significant differences between rural and urban settings. Even in the south, the major urban areas are considerably more liberal. Political affiliation also a factor with Republican being more likely to be racist- although they will not admit it and in fact accuse the Democrats of being racists. The truth is that the Democrats once were the racist party until the 60’s when they embraced civil rights and the racists fled over to the Republicans like rats on a sinking ship.

The bottom line is that black folks have come a long way in this country but still have a ways to go. They have achieve a lot and are generally respected and accepted. Yes, we still have ghettos and areas of de-facto segregation but we also have well integrated communities. I live in a community where many races, ethnicities and religions are represented and everyone gets alone. Don’t forget that we elected a Black president in 2008 and that would not have been possible without the support of white people.

Yet racism does still exist here. Black people are more likely to be stopped and even shot by police. There are more black people in prison although they do not commit more crimes. We have the civil rights act , any states also have laws against discrimination on the basis of race in housing, employment and other areas but that does not happen.

We are still living under the shadow of our dark history of slavery and segregation and while we have made progress in digging out from under that, in recent years we have slid backwards with the unfortunate election of Donald Trump and his racist rhetoric supported by his mindless minions who have been emboldened and emerged from under their rocks to spew their hatred.

. You may have also heard of the rise of white supremacy which started with the election of Obama because some people could not accept a black president. That trend continued with Trump’s election as he continues to encourage and enable the racists.. However, I still believe that most people in this country are decent and believe that racism is wrong, and that the aberration that is Trump will soon be corrected.

America is a complicated place. I hope this helps
Don’t kid yourself, you are just a mentally deficient old white man who has never mattered in the realm of political discourse. You are just a bitch of the racist non-white majority of your party. You are a worthless coon.

Racism created Obama’s presidency and racism is all your party has. I hope you live long enough to see the real political price that your hate group pays once white millennials look out for their own self interests.

You see young punk, you don't get old by being stupid. This man is correct. And when it's your turn to be us, you will be an afterthought that will not matter.
When I am old I will be more influential than anyone you have ever read about. I am a revolutionary.

You are nothing but a self-contradictory racist old black man who doesn’t know what year it is, I have already far surpassed you without even trying.

The only thing revolutionary about you is your stupidity. You are 28., When I was your age, I was a director. You're a punk crying about shit that doesn't exist.
I am 29.

Being a director is nothing. Why aren’t you a billionaire? Your advantages over the average white person are endless. There is no excuse for you to not be filthy rich with all of the lobbying groups that work for you and against white people.

LOL! This is coming from a white dude who has everything he has because the government gave it to him and his family for generations. Even worse he has made up groups that don't exist. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

As brother Martin said way back in the day, "and this is what we are up against."

I am a white male who used to be a muscular man and never had any discrimination imposed on me.
So you're Eddy Redmayne with a tiny cock?
What is it with you white racists and your love of dicks? Its kind of disturbing you think of dicks so much. :rolleyes:
Everybody knows that white leftist males are pathetic zeta males.
Everybody knows that you and other white male racists are pathetic omega males.
I am above an alpha male and you are below a zeta male.

You are a racist who completely relies on the system to have any worth. You can’t get any more pathetic.

You are what you are because of the system.

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Im from Australia but from what I have heard, black people are very hated in America. Is this true?

Hello, imisslily. Keeping it REAL! Sadly, much of the HATE being directed toward my black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent comes from within America's "PRO BLACK, Woke or Conscious Black Community."

Dr. Umar Johnson Ph.D, Dr. Boyce Watkins Ph.D, Dr. Shonna Etienne.jpg

imisslily, if you spend some time on YouTube watching videos produced by black American citizens, wou will learn significant numbers of segregation-minded, apparent slow-to-evolve, freedom-loving "Pro Black, Woke or Conscious Black Community" minded American citizens, ILLOGICALLY believe they have a right, as well as duty to LOUDLY and HATEFULLY demean, denigrate, bully, taunt, harass, and in some instances threaten with violence, our successful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent!

"Sell-out" "C^^n" and "Uncle Tom" are just a few HATEFUL, denigrating terms "Pro Black or Conscious Black Community" American citizens use to LOUDLY demean and intimidate our peaceful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent choosing to peacefully pursue THEIR OWN unique vision for L, L, (Love) & Happiness.

In my opinion, based on a wealth of evidence and my personal experiences, from the day they are born large numbers of perfectly healthy black or American newborns, infants, toddlers, children and teens of African descent raised, nurtured and socialized by "Pro Black" minded Americans are being conditioned to HATE.

The question is WHY are PRO BLACK Americans hating?

The answer is, many Pro Black minded are protecting their so-called "Queens" from being criticized for creating and perpetuating America's current *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, aka America's potentially life scarring SYSTEMIC & GENERATIONAL Culture of Black or African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect and Maltreatment that evolved from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism!

I am referring to a Culture of Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment and Maltreatment responsible for popular American urban story-TRUTH-tellers and 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims the late Tupac Shakur (born 1971) and Mr. Barack "My Brother's Keeper" Obama White House guest and friend Kendrick Lamar (born 1987) vividly describing in their American art and interviews the "T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E." and "Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City" Child Abuse Cultures prevalent in far too many American communities.

I am referring to a Culture of Systemic and Generational CHILD ABUSE that THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, deprived Tupac and Kendrick, their childhood friends, as well as many of their elementary and JHS classmates from experiencing a SAFE, fairly or wonderfully happy American kid childhood.

imisslily, sadly, the traumatic, potentially life-scarring Criminal Child Abuse and Emotional Abandonment each of these men speaks about experiencing during a critical period of human/childhood development, resulted with them maturing into emotionally ill adults revealing in public they’ve been experiencing acute depression as well as Suic*dal Thoughts for most of their lives.

The same Culture of African American Child Abuse, Neglect and Maltreatment that for near 40 years has been inspiring significant numbers of popular urban story-TRUTH-tellers to compose and promote American music art HATEFULLY informing our world that American girls, women and MOTHERS of African descent should be viewed as less than human *itches, *hores, 'hoes' or "THOTS" unworthy of being treated with basic human respect. (THOT = "That Hoe Over There")

obama white house guests.jpg

Unfortunately, it's plainly evident Kendrick, Tupac as well as untold numbers of American children are being raised, nurtured and socialized by moms experiencing some type of illness preventing and impeding them from embracing and following their innate, natural maternal instinct to protect their child or children from harm.

imisslily, perhaps I'm wrong but *something* is preventing significant numbers of black or American moms of African descent from recognizing that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen caring about their own well being (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*), as well as embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful or less fortunate neighbors.
___
The late 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Tupac Shakur's T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment & Maltreatment *AWARENESS-PREVENTION* concept applies to American and foreign born citizens of ALL backgrounds:

T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. - "The HATE U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"* ~Tupac Shakur

“We need more people who care; you know what I’m saying? We need more women, mothers, fathers, we need more of that…” ~Tupac Shakur, American urban story-TRUTH-teller

_tupac dr nadine burke harris common.jpg

YouTube Search Terms: 'Exposing 'Pro Black' Modus Operandi, Logic, Fvvkery, Savagery, White Supremacy' ~Mrs. Princella Clark-Carr

"'Pro-Black American' Logic Succinctly Explained By Social Commentator Mr. David Carroll"

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

_Belinda Pittman-McGee Oprah Winfrey_02.jpg

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello, imisslily. Keeping it REAL! Sadly, much of the HATE being directed toward my black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent comes from within America's "PRO BLACK, Woke or Conscious Black Community."

imisslily, if you spend some time on YouTube watching videos produced by black American citizens, wou will learn significant numbers of segregation-minded, apparent slow-to-evolve, freedom-loving "Pro Black, Woke or Conscious Black Community" minded American citizens, ILLOGICALLY believe they have a right, as well as duty to LOUDLY and HATEFULLY demean, denigrate, bully, taunt, harass, and in some instances threaten with violence, our successful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent!

"Sell-out" "C^^n" and "Uncle Tom" are just a few HATEFUL, denigrating terms "Pro Black or Conscious Black Community" American citizens use to LOUDLY demean and intimidate our peaceful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent choosing to peacefully pursue THEIR OWN unique vision for L, L, (Love) & Happiness.

In my opinion, based on a wealth of evidence and my personal experiences, from the day they are born large numbers of perfectly healthy black or American newborns, infants, toddlers, children and teens of African descent raised, nurtured and socialized by "Pro Black" minded Americans are being conditioned to HATE.

The answer is, many Pro Black minded are protecting their so-called "Queens" from being criticized for creating and perpetuating America's current *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, aka America's potentially life scarring SYSTEMIC & GENERATIONAL Culture of Black or African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect and Maltreatment that evolved from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism!

I am referring to a Culture of Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment and Maltreatment responsible for popular American urban story-TRUTH-tellers and 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims the late Tupac Shakur (born 1971) and Mr. Barack "My Brother's Keeper" Obama White House guest and friend Kendrick Lamar (born 1987) vividly describing in their American art and interviews the "T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E." and "Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City" Child Abuse Cultures prevalent in far too many American communities.

I am referring to a Culture of Systemic and Generational CHILD ABUSE that THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, deprived Tupac and Kendrick, their childhood friends, as well as many of their elementary and JHS classmates from experiencing a SAFE, fairly or wonderfully happy American kid childhood.

imisslily, sadly, the traumatic, potentially life-scarring Criminal Child Abuse and Emotional Abandonment each of these men speaks about experiencing during a critical period of human/childhood development, resulted with them maturing into emotionally ill adults revealing in public they’ve been experiencing acute depression as well as Suic*dal Thoughts for most of their lives.

The same Culture of African American Child Abuse, Neglect and Maltreatment that for near 40 years has been inspiring significant numbers of popular urban story-TRUTH-tellers to compose and promote American music art HATEFULLY informing our world that American girls, women and MOTHERS of African descent should be viewed as less than human *itches, *hores, 'hoes' or "THOTS" unworthy of being treated with basic human respect. (THOT = "That Hoe Over There")

Unfortunately, it's plainly evident Kendrick, Tupac as well as untold numbers of American children are being raised, nurtured and socialized by moms experiencing some type of illness preventing and impeding them from embracing and following their innate, natural maternal instinct to protect their child or children from harm.

imisslily, perhaps I'm wrong but *something* is preventing significant numbers of black or American moms of African descent from recognizing that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen caring about their own well being (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*), as well as embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful or less fortunate neighbors.
___
The late 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Tupac Shakur's T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment & Maltreatment *AWARENESS-PREVENTION* concept applies to American and foreign born citizens of ALL backgrounds:

T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. - "The HATE U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"* ~Tupac Shakur

“We need more people who care; you know what I’m saying? We need more women, mothers, fathers, we need more of that…” ~Tupac Shakur, American urban story-TRUTH-teller

YouTube Search Terms: 'Exposing 'Pro Black' Modus Operandi, Logic, Fvvkery, Savagery, White Supremacy' ~Mrs. Princella Clark-Carr

"'Pro-Black American' Logic Succinctly Explained By Social Commentator Mr. David Carroll"

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

You are hated because you are a sellout who enables white racists to think what they believe is true.

___

Peace.
___

You are hated because you are a sellout who enables white racists to think what they believe is true.

THE INFANCY OF HATE_TUPAC.jpg
Peace.

IM2, in YOUR opinion is our successful fellow citizen Oshay Duke Jackson, creator and CEO of www.negromanosphere.com, a "sellout"?

"White People Treat Me Better Than Black People" Published on Aug 21, 2018 by Oshay Duke Jackson

Peace.

I am a white male who used to be a muscular man and never had any discrimination imposed on me.
So you're Eddy Redmayne with a tiny cock?
What is it with you white racists and your love of dicks? Its kind of disturbing you think of dicks so much. :rolleyes:
Everybody knows that white leftist males are pathetic zeta males.
Everybody knows that you and other white male racists are pathetic omega males.
I am above an alpha male and you are below a zeta male.

You are a racist who completely relies on the system to have any worth. You can’t get any more pathetic.
Theres no way you are even close to an alpha male unless you snuck in via the side door. You cry way too much for anyone and I do mean anyone to believe that. Youre just an omega male and barely even that you silly genetic mistake. :rolleyes:

IM2, in YOUR opinion is our successful fellow citizen Oshay Duke Jackson, creator and CEO of www.negromanosphere.com, a "sellout"?

"White People Treat Me Better Than Black People" Published on Aug 21, 2018 by Oshay Duke Jackson

Peace.

Yes.

Police officer shoots an innocent black man in unjustified manner, causing outrage

Not in general. Most people accept black people as readily as they accept any other race, but there are always going to be those with preconceived notions or downright completely racist (false) beliefs about others bc of the color of their skin. I’d venture to say black people are discriminated against quite heavily but they’re far from the only group. Jews are also heavily discriminated against, I believe more so than Muslims, though that could be changing.

I can only speak from experience. I’ve been around black people my whole life and was never taught they were inferior. They were my classmates, my friends and neighbors and really if I hadn’t been taught about slavery and the Jim Crow era as a kid I don’t think I would have guessed there was anything different about them other than their skin color. However I’ve met people who do think they’re inferior, so are there more people in America who have my mindset or who have the racist mindset?

Do we blacks get to speak from experience?

Or must we repeat the experience whites want to hear?

I don’t have a preference of what I “want to hear” in regard to this topic. That’s your problem if you think I do.

Not in general. Most people accept black people as readily as they accept any other race, but there are always going to be those with preconceived notions or downright completely racist (false) beliefs about others bc of the color of their skin. I’d venture to say black people are discriminated against quite heavily but they’re far from the only group. Jews are also heavily discriminated against, I believe more so than Muslims, though that could be changing.

I can only speak from experience. I’ve been around black people my whole life and was never taught they were inferior. They were my classmates, my friends and neighbors and really if I hadn’t been taught about slavery and the Jim Crow era as a kid I don’t think I would have guessed there was anything different about them other than their skin color. However I’ve met people who do think they’re inferior, so are there more people in America who have my mindset or who have the racist mindset?

Do we blacks get to speak from experience?

Or must we repeat the experience whites want to hear?

I don’t have a preference of what I “want to hear” in regard to this topic. That’s your problem if you think I do.

Actually you do. It shows in you postings.

Anglo White America is still trying to destroy people of color in America. An example is a wrestler getting his hair cut and until the late 60a Native American children were taken out of their homes and put into white foster home or boarding schools and their hair cut and culture cloth taken away and their language and names. My name is Lowak Hashi of Chickasaw and Cherokee and I never will cut my hair or give up my culture for no one. If they cannot destroy your body they will destroy your culture.

Forum List

Back