Racist fan fined for throwing banana skin at player

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Tottenham fan fined for throwing banana skin at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

A Tottenham fan has been fined after throwing a banana skin at a black Arsenal footballer in a "targeted gesture" which had a "racial element".

Averof Panteli admitted hurling the item onto the pitch at the Emirates Stadium after Arsenal's Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored and celebrated in front of Spurs' travelling support on December 2.

The van driver, 57, said he threw the skin in a "spur of the moment" action but strongly denied there was any racist intent, Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court heard on Tuesday.

But Magistrate Mervyn Mandell said: "We find it was a targeted gesture to throw a banana skin after a goal was scored by a black player. We have in the circumstances found the racial element was there."

So this twat picked up a banning order and a £500 fine. I have known lads get bigger punishments for drinking alcohol on the bus to a game. We have come a long way but unlss the courts take these offences seriously we will never wipe it out.

skysports-aubameyang-arsenal_4507043.jpg

Was it a racist banana?

the skin was ALL YELLOW-----not a black dot on it

So it wasn't Tommys favorite food AKA spotted dick?

be not vulgar-----this is not PAWLING, NY

Spotted Dick is a delicacy in Britain.

Is throwing a spotted dick at a Brit prejudices?
If I were Tommy, taking a spotted dick would give me pause and I imagine most women would feel the same.

Tottenham fan fined for throwing banana skin at Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

A Tottenham fan has been fined after throwing a banana skin at a black Arsenal footballer in a "targeted gesture" which had a "racial element".

Averof Panteli admitted hurling the item onto the pitch at the Emirates Stadium after Arsenal's Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored and celebrated in front of Spurs' travelling support on December 2.

The van driver, 57, said he threw the skin in a "spur of the moment" action but strongly denied there was any racist intent, Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court heard on Tuesday.

But Magistrate Mervyn Mandell said: "We find it was a targeted gesture to throw a banana skin after a goal was scored by a black player. We have in the circumstances found the racial element was there."

So this twat picked up a banning order and a £500 fine. I have known lads get bigger punishments for drinking alcohol on the bus to a game. We have come a long way but unlss the courts take these offences seriously we will never wipe it out.

skysports-aubameyang-arsenal_4507043.jpg
The guy said there was no racist intent, and there was no evidence of racist intent, jackass.

And it's not nearly as disgusting as what they do at Red Wings' games.

Was it a racist banana?

the skin was ALL YELLOW-----not a black dot on it

So it wasn't Tommys favorite food AKA spotted dick?

be not vulgar-----this is not PAWLING, NY

Spotted Dick is a delicacy in Britain.

Is throwing a spotted dick at a Brit prejudices?

View attachment 235448

dick throwing is called CRICKET

Forum List

Back