Is it Time to Forgive Bud Light?

And some leftists are so brainwashed with their woke ideology that they would rather alienate their consumer base than make smart business decisions.
How many multi million international businesses have you run in your career?

If you can't handle that 0.3% of the population isn't straight, you need something stronger than a Bud Light.
He can handle that a small fraction of the population is “different.” We are just pointing out what happens when you devote your marketing dollars to a minuscule sliver of the population and ignore the majority who make your potential consumer base.

Go woke…go broke.

How many multi million international businesses have you run in your career?
If I gave you more detailed information, I’d start giving too many hints to my identity. But I guarantee I’m in a better position than you to judge how to market a product. I target where the most potential is.

He can handle that a small fraction of the population is “different.” We are just pointing out what happens when you devote your marketing dollars to a minuscule sliver of the population and ignore the majority who make your potential consumer base.

Go woke…go broke.
Wake me up when Budweiser goes broke over this bullshit

If I gave you more detailed information, I’d start giving too many hints to my identity. But I guarantee I’m in a better position than you to judge how to market a product. I target where the most potential is.
Bitch please

Hear me out.

Sunday, I had lunch with my daughter and daughter-in-law. Naturally, I arrived on time and got texts from both saying they would be pretty late. I considered waiting at the bar and having a beer. Then it popped into my head to have a Bud Light. For reasons too complicated to explain without derailing the thread at its beginning, that would have likely lifted my DIL's spirits, at a time when they could use lifting.

Why forgive BL? Budwiser is an American company. All Bud Light sold in America is bottled in America. I pass by a large Budwiser building on my way to work. I don't know if it is a brewery or just a warehouse, but it must employ hundreds, if not thousands of people. I see the trucks driving out at all hours. Modelo, which I often see discussed as a replacement, is bottled in Mexico.

If we had our border secure with Mexico's cooperation, I would say "buy Modelo, a rising tide lifts all boats," but not while they are actively aiding child and drug trafficking into the U.S.

Yes, But Light screwed up with that idiotic Dylan Mulvaney move. But they fired no only the marketing genius behind that, but also the VP who hired her. Short of a mass resignation of all executives, I don't know how else they could demonstrate regret.

Anyway, while I was contemplating, I was saved by the bell as both my grown up young uns walked in.

Bracing for a flaming, I ask: what say you?
Not flaming, but as said... Budweiser is not an American company.
It is owned by InBev out of Belgium.
They will likely never get back what they lost. Now Bud Light has a stigma to it. And stigmas generally never lift. Think scooters/mopeds. Very popular all over the world - except America. Because scooters/mopeds have a stigma attached to it that only losers and drunks own one. They have never been able to get out of that stigma that has existed for 40 years.

As long as they still produce enough to have stock in the stores where I buy beer; I'll stay woke.

Not flaming, but as said... Budweiser is not an American company.
It is owned by InBev out of Belgium.
Sure, but those are Americans that I see driving those trucks.

Still, you have apoint about A-B not apologizing for what was obviously a colossal mistake.
They will likely never get back what they lost. Now Bud Light has a stigma to it. And stigmas generally never lift. Think scooters/mopeds. Very popular all over the world - except America. Because scooters/mopeds have a stigma attached to it that only losers and drunks own one. They have never been able to get out of that stigma that has existed for 40 years.
Fat girls are much more popular now than when I was dating age, so maybe there is hope for mopeds . . .

It has been interesting to see.
Now at Walmart - BudLight is only one case wide on the shelf. Use to be 8-10 wide.
Coors Light and ironically Busch Lite has mostly replaced it, it seems.
Several local pubs took it out of their bar completely. Not even available any more.

Sure, but those are Americans that I see driving those trucks.

Still, you have apoint about A-B not apologizing for what was obviously a colossal mistake.

Fat girls are much more popular now than when I was dating age, so maybe there is hope for mopeds . . .
There is no hope for mopeds cause they are cheap and practical. Same with them little pickup trucks that all the Japanese companies used to sell here. American capitalism prefers for you to drive a 60,000 dollar truck to the store to get your Ramens

Forum List

Back