Is it possible for a homosexual to be a Christian?

"It is a hard question I suppose."

It is a hard question I suppose.
The Bible says that a person is "saved" after repenting and turning to God for salvation. Since redemption is (roughly) defined as acknowledging one's sins and asking forgiveness for them, can an active homosexual come to saving faith, even if he or she continues to actively sin? Wouldn't that mean that they don't actually believe that their sexual orientation is a sin?
May anybody answer to these questions.
christianity.jpg
The vast majority of gay Americans are Christian, and are perfectly capable of practicing their religion in good faith where their homosexuality is not considered 'sin.'

There are Christian sects that might perceive homosexuality to be a 'sin,' and others not; but anyone who claims to be a Christian is a Christian, and no one can compel him to believe otherwise, particularly another Christian.

If they're Christians, then they know that homosexuality is a sin. Sorry, loser.

you're saying Republicans aren't Christian?

Where you got the idea that Republican/Christian are synonymous, I don't know.

pay attention ..

Log Cabin Republicans is the nation’s largest Republican organization dedicated to representing gay and lesbian conservatives and allies. For more than 30 years, we have promoted the fight for equality through our state and local chapters, our full-time office in Washington, DC, and our federal and state political action committees.

the nations largest republican organization is gay .. Republican/Christian are synonymous.

I knew that!

The Bible says that a person is "saved" after repenting and turning to God for salvation. Since redemption is (roughly) defined as acknowledging one's sins and asking forgiveness for them, can an active homosexual come to saving faith, even if he or she continues to actively sin? Wouldn't that mean that they don't actually believe that their sexual orientation is a sin?
christianity.jpg
The vast majority of gay Americans are Christian, and are perfectly capable of practicing their religion in good faith where their homosexuality is not considered 'sin.'

There are Christian sects that might perceive homosexuality to be a 'sin,' and others not; but anyone who claims to be a Christian is a Christian, and no one can compel him to believe otherwise, particularly another Christian.

If they're Christians, then they know that homosexuality is a sin. Sorry, loser.

Is the following a true statement?
If they're Christians, then they know that dancing is a sin.

christianity.jpg

Of all the phony christians on this board, you are the worst. You know the least and you preach the most hate.

994347b6591a89719c9b643066df6c540eb9b88a20bd0584283dddd0fba4ae4d_zps47a23062.jpg

christianity.jpg

pay attention ..

Log Cabin Republicans is the nation’s largest Republican organization dedicated to representing gay and lesbian conservatives and allies. For more than 30 years, we have promoted the fight for equality through our state and local chapters, our full-time office in Washington, DC, and our federal and state political action committees.

the nations largest republican organization is gay .. Republican/Christian are synonymous.

I knew that!

Good grief, you don't even make sense. Goodbye.

christianity.jpg

pay attention ..

I knew that!

Not all republicans are Log Cabin Republicans, dumb ass

pay attention ..

I knew that!

Good grief, you don't even make sense. Goodbye.

only because you're an idiot.

Adios

pay attention ..

I knew that!

Good lord I can't even figure out what the loon is trying to say. I just assume he's huffing.

pay attention ..

I knew that!

Good lord I can't even figure out what the loon is trying to say. I just assume he's huffing.

Probably stoned, left loons can't put the pipe down

two old RW dingbats with the combined IQ of a doorknob say I'm stoned..

lol

pay attention ..

I knew that!

Probably stoned, left loons can't put the pipe down

Spoken like a fellow user. What is the going street rate for meth these days?

christianity.jpg

And what exactly does this have to do with politics?

Wrong forum? Perhaps he can ask it to be moved. Which forum would it fit in?

I think we need an LGBT forum. Problem is..it would be trolled constantly.

There is no kind of sex act at all required to be a Christian so why would it matter?

It probably makes it improbable though. Just because if you've been raised to expect heterosexuality and find out your own inclination is different, that likely sets you off to ponder about things. And once you start thinking about the nature of things it's difficult to make ay sense out of Christianism. So you might just let that idea go too.

Organized religion depends on its adherents not thinking.
Ain't that right, Eve?

There is no kind of sex act at all required to be a Christian so why would it matter?

It probably makes it improbable though. Just because if you've been raised to expect heterosexuality and find out your own inclination is different, that likely sets you off to ponder about things. And once you start thinking about the nature of things it's difficult to make ay sense out of Christianism. So you might just let that idea go too.

Organized religion depends on its adherents not thinking.
Ain't that right, Eve?

Yep. A lot of heteros engage in anal sex. I've read that its popular among young people because they say they can remain technically virgins.

I don't quite see how that follows but -

As for the OP -

10401930_10152228904091275_6935764536842631515_n_zps0e522403.jpg

Forum List

Back