Is It OK to Deny Sex to your Spouse?

Is It OK to Deny Sex to your Spouse?

• No. Never.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes. But only occasionally/rarely

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Yes. People should not have sex unless both people want it.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
... is it ever OK to totally cut your spouse off from sex?
Is it even OK to say "no" more often than yes?
What if your spouse has a high sex drive and you don't.....

"Is It OK to Deny Sex to your Spouse?"
I don't know...is it?

The only time I think it is okay is in the case of extenuating situations. For example, let's say you've been together for a long time, and over time one can develop debilitating illness making sex impossible or nearly so. That's the kind of thing in which I believe it might be warranted. Otherwise, if both parties are capable, each of you should be of the mind of pleasing the other. That's what love is supposed to be, not merely being self serving. I've known parties, however, that weren't all that interested in sex, and those relationships typically don't continue. There's a closeness, a bonding, when two people love each other and wants to satisfy their partner. When love is nonexistent, the act even tolerated, is without closeness and unity. It is simply relenting and getting the job over with. Should it get to that point, it's basically over for the two, and that's sad.

I went for "other" because of the verb "deny". That implies it's a commodity to be traded for a price. Sex is supposed to be a consensual gig. If it's done as a favor, such as "I'll mow your lawn while you're on vacation", then it has no meaning.

I went for "other" because of the verb "deny". That implies it's a commodity to be traded for a price. Sex is supposed to be a consensual gig. If it's done as a favor, such as "I'll mow your lawn while you're on vacation", then it has no meaning.

what if you grow "disinterested" in sex, and no amount of counseling has helped?

what if you grow "disinterested" in sex, and no amount of counseling has helped?
See a doctor or go to the mountain.

I doubt that happens. That's a canary in the coal mine indicating something else is going on underneath.

Go to the mountain? What does that do????

Don't call me "the mountain". :nono: I ain't a piece o' meat yanno.

Forum List

Back