Is it ethical for the Democratic party to keep blacks on the plantation needing government handouts

I'm telling you that there are no absolutes. And I refuse to enjoin your absolutist thinking.. I'm making that statement in terms of human context. The internal locus of control that you keep refering to is what separates us from the other animals. So when did mankind evolve enough to have the privilege of exploiting the gift of iinternal locus of control? Sir, I feel the answer is far too complex to discuss here. In the midst of things to be discussed in that regard would be all the things civilize people depend on to survive.Unless you are prepared to grow your own crops or farm animals and have sex only with yourself , your philosophical overtures towards an internal locus of control is hypocrisy.
Clearly you do not understand this concept. Yes, there are no absolutes. There are distributions. No, it is not the difference between humans and animals. At its core it has to do with overcoming or not overcoming obstacles. I can still buy my food at the grocery store.
If there is a lack of understanding it rests in your corner, not mine. And your creation of pseudo- esoteric straw-men by throwing undefined terms around underlines the lack of confidence in your statement. ..i.e "distributions."

Observing your application of internal locus of control as a human mental trait, I was surprised to see you avoid the discussion of whether animals of any kind are capable of using it. Obviously the concept is one that applies, abstractly, only to human beliefs. Since animals aren't known to "believe" anything neither internal or external loci controls can be assigned to them. So, it comes to this: The definition below suggests that religious or superstitious people are bound to the philosophical concept of "external locus of control." Conversely, atheism exemplifies an internal locus of control. But since there are no absolutes, as I said preciously, the loci of control would depend on the situation at hand. In other words, all of us use both concepts from time to time to define our actions more than you seem to want to accept!

Locus of control
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about Locus of control. For other uses, see Locus.
In personality psychology, locus of control is the degree to which people believe that they have control over the outcome of events in their lives, as opposed to external forces beyond their control. Understanding of the concept was developed by Julian B. Rotter in 1954, and has since become an aspect of personality studies. A person's "loci" (plural of "locus," Latin for "place" or "location") is conceptualized as internal (a belief that one's life can be controlled) or external (a belief that life is controlled by outside factors which they cannot influence, or that chance or fate controls their lives).[1]

Individuals with a strong internal locus of control believe events in their life derive primarily from their own actions: for example, when receiving exam results, people with an internal locus of control tend to praise or blame themselves and their abilities. People with a strong external locus of control tend to praise or blame external factors such as the teacher or the exam.[2]

Locus of control generated much research in a variety of areas in psychology. The construct is applicable to such fields as educational psychology, health psychology and clinical psychology. Debate continues whether specific or more global measures of locus of control will prove to be more useful in practical application. Careful distinctions should also be made between locus of control (a concept linked with expectancies about the future) and attributional style (a concept linked with explanations for past outcomes), or between locus of control and concepts such as self-efficacy.

Locus of control is one of the four dimensions of core self-evaluations – one's fundamental appraisal of oneself – along with neuroticism, self-efficacy, and self-esteem.[3] The concept of core self-evaluations was first examined by Judge, Locke, and Durham (1997), and since has proven to have the ability to predict several work outcomes, specifically, job satisfaction and job performance.[4] In a follow-up study, Judge et al. (2002) argued the concepts of locus of control, neuroticism, self-efficacy and self-esteem measured the same, single factor.[5]
And yet all major corporations use locus of control in their hiring exactly as I have described it. You might want to check out motivational based interviewing.
Let's apply that to the title of your op. you've declared, without justification, that, in general, American Blacks are disciples of external loci of control and that the democrats are the high priests doling government handouts to the faithful. I'd certainly like to see your sources on that.
I don't believe blacks are disciples of external locus of control per se. I believe the victim mentality meme that has been pushed leads to an external locus of control.
I think your"victim mentality"myth is overblown. But even now, in your mind, you are segregating Blacks on the whole into a group external to what you see as true Americans. You pretend that racism and discrimination are things of the past that White Democrats are exploiting to manipulate Blacks into voting for them. My view? With only two political parties to choose from, most Black folks choose the one that is more inclusive as well as the one where less anti black sentiments are constantly on display.

A patronizingly racist thread, assuming that blacks are manipulated by evil democrats. See, it can't be that black are being rational and voting for their self interest. The entire race is just stupid and lazy!

Blacks, not being stupid, recognize that patronizing racism for what is it. It's a big reason they don't vote Republican.

Ding, why did you think you could call a whole race stupid and lazy, and not be called out for racism? After all, what what you did there is kind of a textbook definition of racism.
I didn't call a whole race stupid and lazy. I called 94% of them dupes.
And if they voted GOP, in your mind, they would still be dupes, But its ok if they are duped into voting against their own interests...RIGHT???
Only if they did so because they were told it was not their fault and they were promised salvation for their vote. You know... like what a con man does.
And you think you are smarter than 94% of the entire Black voting bloc? You sound more like a con than the Democrats do.And you are beyond stupid if you really believe that.

Clearly you do not understand this concept. Yes, there are no absolutes. There are distributions. No, it is not the difference between humans and animals. At its core it has to do with overcoming or not overcoming obstacles. I can still buy my food at the grocery store.
If there is a lack of understanding it rests in your corner, not mine. And your creation of pseudo- esoteric straw-men by throwing undefined terms around underlines the lack of confidence in your statement. ..i.e "distributions."

Observing your application of internal locus of control as a human mental trait, I was surprised to see you avoid the discussion of whether animals of any kind are capable of using it. Obviously the concept is one that applies, abstractly, only to human beliefs. Since animals aren't known to "believe" anything neither internal or external loci controls can be assigned to them. So, it comes to this: The definition below suggests that religious or superstitious people are bound to the philosophical concept of "external locus of control." Conversely, atheism exemplifies an internal locus of control. But since there are no absolutes, as I said preciously, the loci of control would depend on the situation at hand. In other words, all of us use both concepts from time to time to define our actions more than you seem to want to accept!

Locus of control

In personality psychology, locus of control is the degree to which people believe that they have control over the outcome of events in their lives, as opposed to external forces beyond their control. Understanding of the concept was developed by Julian B. Rotter in 1954, and has since become an aspect of personality studies. A person's "loci" (plural of "locus," Latin for "place" or "location") is conceptualized as internal (a belief that one's life can be controlled) or external (a belief that life is controlled by outside factors which they cannot influence, or that chance or fate controls their lives).[1]

Individuals with a strong internal locus of control believe events in their life derive primarily from their own actions: for example, when receiving exam results, people with an internal locus of control tend to praise or blame themselves and their abilities. People with a strong external locus of control tend to praise or blame external factors such as the teacher or the exam.[2]

Locus of control generated much research in a variety of areas in psychology. The construct is applicable to such fields as educational psychology, health psychology and clinical psychology. Debate continues whether specific or more global measures of locus of control will prove to be more useful in practical application. Careful distinctions should also be made between locus of control (a concept linked with expectancies about the future) and attributional style (a concept linked with explanations for past outcomes), or between locus of control and concepts such as self-efficacy.

Locus of control is one of the four dimensions of core self-evaluations – one's fundamental appraisal of oneself – along with neuroticism, self-efficacy, and self-esteem.[3] The concept of core self-evaluations was first examined by Judge, Locke, and Durham (1997), and since has proven to have the ability to predict several work outcomes, specifically, job satisfaction and job performance.[4] In a follow-up study, Judge et al. (2002) argued the concepts of locus of control, neuroticism, self-efficacy and self-esteem measured the same, single factor.[5]
And yet all major corporations use locus of control in their hiring exactly as I have described it. You might want to check out motivational based interviewing.
Let's apply that to the title of your op. you've declared, without justification, that, in general, American Blacks are disciples of external loci of control and that the democrats are the high priests doling government handouts to the faithful. I'd certainly like to see your sources on that.
I don't believe blacks are disciples of external locus of control per se. I believe the victim mentality meme that has been pushed leads to an external locus of control.
I think your"victim mentality"myth is overblown. But even now, in your mind, you are segregating Blacks on the whole into a group external to what you see as true Americans. You pretend that racism and discrimination are things of the past that White Democrats are exploiting to manipulate Blacks into voting for them. My view? With only two political parties to choose from, most Black folks choose the one that is more inclusive as well as the one where less anti black sentiments are constantly on display.
Less anti-black sentiment? lol, there has never been a more hateful and bigoted party than the Democratic Party. It makes no sense at all why blacks would want to be a part. Apparently they like lip service.

A patronizingly racist thread, assuming that blacks are manipulated by evil democrats. See, it can't be that black are being rational and voting for their self interest. The entire race is just stupid and lazy!

Blacks, not being stupid, recognize that patronizing racism for what is it. It's a big reason they don't vote Republican.

Ding, why did you think you could call a whole race stupid and lazy, and not be called out for racism? After all, what what you did there is kind of a textbook definition of racism.
And if they voted GOP, in your mind, they would still be dupes, But its ok if they are duped into voting against their own interests...RIGHT???
Only if they did so because they were told it was not their fault and they were promised salvation for their vote. You know... like what a con man does.
And you think you are smarter than 94% of the entire Black voting bloc? You sound more like a con than the Democrats do.And you are beyond stupid if you really believe that.
Yes, I think I am smarter than anyone who joined the party that was responsible for repressing their ancestors.

Locus of control

Less anti-black sentiment? lol, there has never been a more hateful and bigoted party than the Democratic Party. It makes no sense at all why blacks would want to be a part. Apparently they like lip service.
Times have changed. Contact David [email protected]

Yes, I think I am smarter than anyone who joined the party that was responsible for repressing their ancestors.
So,why are you a member of the party that oppressed your racist ancestors?

No, they haven't.

No, they haven't.
Did you contact David Duke already? If he is unavailable you might get ol' Shaun Hannity to share his who's who in the KKK contact book.

No, they haven't.
Did you contact David Duke already? If he is unavailable you might get ol' Shaun Hannity to share his who's who in the KKK contact book.
Because two names equals 175 years of oppression?

No, they haven't.
Yep, those two are icons of the clandestine anti Black movement.The KKK is right at home with the ultra konservative crowd.

Seems like blacks are starting to realize the truth.

The Culture Of The Smug White Liberal | The Huffington Post

"...My problem with Liberalism is that it’s more concerned with policing people’s language and thoughts without requiring them to do anything to fix the problem. White liberal college students speak of “safe spaces”, “trigger words”, “micro aggressions” and “white privilege” while not having to do anything or, more importantly, give up anything. They can’t even have a conversation with someone who sees the world differently without resorting to calling someone a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, bigot and trying to have them banned from campus, or ruin them and their reputation. They say they feel black peoples’ pain because they took a trip to Africa to help the disadvantaged, but are unwilling to go to a black neighborhood in the City in which they live. These same college students will espouse the joys of diversity, but will in the same breath assume you are only on campus because of affirmative action or that all black people grew up in poverty. My personal favorite is declaring with surprise how articulate a black classmate is despite the fact that we are attending the same institution of higher learning as they are..."

No, they haven't.
Yep, those two are icons of the clandestine anti Black movement.The KKK is right at home with the ultra konservative crowd.
Looks like your lip service is starting to ring hollow.

"...For so long, as a Black American, I have been told that the problem is Conservative Republicans. While I’ll admit they may have done little to try to improve African-American lives, they also don’t promise to every election season like the liberal elites. Instead we have given our loyalty and votes to Democrats, who paternalistically tell us they want to help us, but we have little to show for it since blacks started voting Democrat back in the 1960’s. I have never lived in a city as an adult that was run by Conservatives or Republicans, but I live in the biggest poor city in the country, Philadelphia. A city, for decades, run by liberal insiders..."

"...My problem with Liberalism is that it’s more concerned with policing people’s language and thoughts without requiring them to do anything to fix the problem. White liberal college students speak of “safe spaces”, “trigger words”, “micro aggressions” and “white privilege” while not having to do anything or, more importantly, give up anything. They can’t even have a conversation with someone who sees the world differently without resorting to calling someone a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, bigot and trying to have them banned from campus, or ruin them and their reputation. They say they feel black peoples’ pain because they took a trip to Africa to help the disadvantaged, but are unwilling to go to a black neighborhood in the City in which they live. These same college students will espouse the joys of diversity, but will in the same breath assume you are only on campus because of affirmative action or that all black people grew up in poverty. My personal favorite is declaring with surprise how articulate a black classmate is despite the fact that we are attending the same institution of higher learning as they are..."
For the life of me, with a champion like you in their corner it's a wonder Blacks have not taken over the country years ago_Oh,wait...all you have done is complain.

No, they haven't.

"...For so long, as a Black American, I have been told that the problem is Conservative Republicans. While I’ll admit they may have done little to try to improve African-American lives, they also don’t promise to every election season like the liberal elites. Instead we have given our loyalty and votes to Democrats, who paternalistically tell us they want to help us, but we have little to show for it since blacks started voting Democrat back in the 1960’s. I have never lived in a city as an adult that was run by Conservatives or Republicans, but I live in the biggest poor city in the country, Philadelphia. A city, for decades, run by liberal insiders..."

I think Blacks have plenty to show for their solidarity with the Democrat party.Millions enjoy middle-class lifestyles due to civil rights initiatives signed into law by democrat administrations, including affirmative action.
I suppose you will pigeonhole those initiatives as external loci; but, whomever got off their butts and took advantage of those crucial programs were certainly expressing an internal locus of control.

For the life of me, with a champion like you in their corner it's a wonder Blacks have not taken over the country years ago_Oh,wait...all you have done is complain.
I want to ennoble them. You want to enslave them. Why do you want to keep them down?

"...While the children of our liberal contemporaries attend expensive private universities, how many black men are getting pulled into the prison system because of stop and frisk searches in these supposedly liberal cities? How many so called white liberals have really fought for those civil rights violations to be ended? My own city has a stop and frisk policy in place (even after promises of stopping it), but is also a sanctuary city for undocumented immigrants. It’s ironic that the liberal elites proudly proclaim the inhumanity of deportation which could break up the families of these immigrants, but they are more than happy to justify the need to send black men and women to prison for minor infractions, thus separating the families of American citizens. Where is the outrage for our families? Oh yeah, you can take the African-American vote for granted, so you don’t need to do more than pay lip service to our concerns...."

No, they haven't.

I think Blacks have plenty to show for their solidarity with the Democrat party.Millions enjoy middle-class lifestyles due to civil rights initiatives signed into law by democrat administrations, including affirmative action.
I suppose you will pigeonhole those initiatives as external loci; but, whomever got off their butts and took advantage of those crucial programs were certainly expressing an internal locus of control.
Nikki Johnson Huston sees it differently than you.

Nikki Johnson Huston, Esq. | The Huffington Post

I want to ennoble them. You want to enslave them. Why do you want to keep them down?

"...While the children of our liberal contemporaries attend expensive private universities, how many black men are getting pulled into the prison system because of stop and frisk searches in these supposedly liberal cities? How many so called white liberals have really fought for those civil rights violations to be ended? My own city has a stop and frisk policy in place (even after promises of stopping it), but is also a sanctuary city for undocumented immigrants. It’s ironic that the liberal elites proudly proclaim the inhumanity of deportation which could break up the families of these immigrants, but they are more than happy to justify the need to send black men and women to prison for minor infractions, thus separating the families of American citizens. Where is the outrage for our families? Oh yeah, you can take the African-American vote for granted, so you don’t need to do more than pay lip service to our concerns...."

So what did the GOP do to stop the Democrat agenda? Yawwwwnnnnn!

So what did the GOP do to stop the Democrat agenda? Yawwwwnnnnn!
So you want to blame the GOP for this?

I'll let Nikki Johnson Huston, Esq. | The Huffington Post respond for me.

upload_2017-4-7_20-56-4.jpeg

Forum List

Back