Is it ethical for the Democratic party to keep blacks on the plantation needing government handouts

Democrats are trying to give a struggling group a hand up. The black community deserves it, considering how everyone treated them like shit right up to the 1960's, and some still do, as evidenced by the OP.
That has worked out well for them, don't you think?
Look, it's the Christian racist. When is your next cross burning?

Ding, unless there is accountable by the leadership class there is no hope for the poor.
That is a fatalistic belief. There is always hope.
No it is a realistic reality until the upper echelon criminal class is halted and the top heavy structure now in place is leveled out. You can't have so many on the top that the bottom cannot support the weight of it any longer. You should know that. Government positions, the private prison systems, DOD contracting, corporate insurance, banking positions and all their retirement scams cannot be supported as they are weighing down both the working middle-class, the working poor and the poor who have tried to hold onto hope. Those middle class and poor are the majority in this country.
I could not disagree more. None of that affects the average person. The average person controls what he does. The average person makes his own way.
Yes it does all affect the average person. The more money stripped out by government and corporatism the more corruption plays a part in anything. Disagree all you like but it doesn't change the facts that the choices are limited to nil or non existent for an average decent moral person.
I don't see how any of that affects the choices they make.
We are not just the sum of our choices because there are always circumstances outside of our control that affect our daily lives. Those all must be factored into anything in this world. It would be like you saying the people currently in a war zone have a choice of whether their house gets bomb or not. We live in a world where others are make decisions each and every day that affect our lives whether we like those decisions they make or not. If it was all just a matter of making our own choices (that is if there are actual choices to be made) that would be grand but fact it is not all that away. Just be realistic about it all.
The chief weapon of the enemy is discouragement. St. Pio
Faith without works is dead. You can encourage all day long but those are just words unless some action is given to create a hope for those who already are stuck by providence or circumstance in a seemingly hopeless situation.
I don't see how this response justifies your arguing for discouragement.
Its not an argument for discouragement but one for the reality of the situation that many are in which they have very little control over already. Our system has failed the poor as it is now and I don't want to see the poor kept in those helpless type situations by just cutting off any means of support that they now have without something else there for them to look forward to for they can help themselves.

Is it ethical for the Democratic party to keep blacks on the plantation needing government handouts?

"...Democrats are still "keeping blacks in their place" -- telling them they need lowered standards, affirmative action, special programs, and freebies to succeed. Democrats constantly send blacks the message they are not as smart as whites..."

Articles: Blacks Still 'Played' and Controlled by Tired Old Democrat Paradigms
Good luck on your outreach efforts toward the black community, but you guys have been pushing this stuff for decades to no avail.
Because what they have been doing has worked so well?
The republican outreach? Has it?

No it is a realistic reality until the upper echelon criminal class is halted and the top heavy structure now in place is leveled out. You can't have so many on the top that the bottom cannot support the weight of it any longer. You should know that. Government positions, the private prison systems, DOD contracting, corporate insurance, banking positions and all their retirement scams cannot be supported as they are weighing down both the working middle-class, the working poor and the poor who have tried to hold onto hope. Those middle class and poor are the majority in this country.
I could not disagree more. None of that affects the average person. The average person controls what he does. The average person makes his own way.
BS, only pioneers make their own way. Average people get where they are going by following trails already blazed for them.
No. Pioneers come from everyday average people. You seem to want to people to believe they cannot achieve.
We all come form the same Mitochondrial Eve, but, the gifted and the brave among us blaze the trails for others seeking success to take. Taking proven roads to success isn't failing, it is the unwritten guarantee of success for the less gifted or daring.
At any point in our lives we are the sum of our choices.
That's a rather inane statement. Did you have any choice in being born? I'll speak for you, no you didn't. And like most of us you probably won't have any choice when you die. The dying part is a bit more complex because we do have some modicum of control in that regard.

BS, only pioneers make their own way. Average people get where they are going by following trails already blazed for them.
No. Pioneers come from everyday average people. You seem to want to people to believe they cannot achieve.
We all come form the same Mitochondrial Eve, but, the gifted and the brave among us blaze the trails for others seeking success to take. Taking proven roads to success isn't failing, it is the unwritten guarantee of success for the less gifted or daring.
That's a rather inane statement. Did you have any choice in being born? I'll speak for you, no you didn't. And like most of us you probably won't have any choice when you die. The dying part is a bit more complex because we do have some modicum of control in that regard.
We all have as much or as little control as we do or don't give away. You can make as many fringe arguments as you want but it will not change this self evident fact.

People who have an external locus of control transfer their power/control to external sources. These are the people who make excuses for their failures.

People who have an internal locus of control retain their power/control and find solutions to their obstacles.

Which one are you?

We are not just the sum of our choices because there are always circumstances outside of our control that affect our daily lives.

Were Adam and Eve the sum of their choices? After all Adam said the woman God made him gave him the apple, right? Eve said the serpent deceived her, right?

How about Joseph? Was Joseph the sum of his choices? Wasn't he left for dead with nothing?

How about the servants in the parable of the talents? Were they the sum of their choices? Doesn't that parable describe the results of different choices?

Tell me where the Bible says circumstances matter? Because when I read the Bible I read that free will (i.e. choices) matters.

Last edited:
We all have as much or as little control as we do or don't give away. You can make as many fringe arguments as you want but it will not change this self evident fact.

People who have an external locus of control transfer their power/control to external sources. These are the people who make excuses for their failures.

People who have an internal locus of control retain their power/control and find solutions to their obstacles.

Which one are you?
Same as YOU...BOTH!

Which one are you?
Same as YOU...BOTH!
Given that you are arguing FOR an external locus of control and I am arguing AGAINST an external locus of control, our actions do not support your assertion.

Is it ethical for the Democratic party to keep blacks on the plantation needing government handouts?

"...Democrats are still "keeping blacks in their place" -- telling them they need lowered standards, affirmative action, special programs, and freebies to succeed. Democrats constantly send blacks the message they are not as smart as whites..."

Articles: Blacks Still 'Played' and Controlled by Tired Old Democrat Paradigms
spam bot.

ignore list.

again.

I took you off it once.

But now you are going back on it.

spam bot. ignore list. again. I took you off it once. But now you are going back on it.
That's pretty funny considering....

upload_2017-4-3_19-43-33.png

Which one are you?
Same as YOU...BOTH!
Given that you are arguing FOR an external locus of control and I am arguing AGAINST an external locus of control, our actions do not support your assertion.
I don't accept your definition of what I am arguing. Most of what I have said simply fills the holes in your faulty premises.I look for substance,which , BTW, is severely lacking in your narratives, even those originating from archaic quotes that do not apply now.

Which one are you?
Same as YOU...BOTH!
I don't accept your definition of what I am arguing. Most of what I have said simply fills the holes in your faulty premises.I look for substance,which , BTW, is severely lacking in your narratives, even those originating from archaic quotes that do not apply now.
I don't care whether you accept it or not. It is easy to spot an external locus of control. Just look for the person making excuses and blaming others for what he failed to do.

Last edited:

Which one are you?
Same as YOU...BOTH!
I don't care whether you accept it or not. It is easy to spot an external locus of control. Just look for the person making excuses and blaming others for what he failed to do.
Put it where the goats can get it. Are you still talking in context of the op title? I don't see where your observation applies to me.Be specific and stop talking in circles.

Which one are you?
Same as YOU...BOTH!
Put it where the goats can get it. Are you still talking in context of the op title? I don't see where your observation applies to me.Be specific and stop talking in circles.
The answer is both. It is in the context of the OP and it most definitely applies to you as you ARE the one arguing FOR an external locus of control.

We are not just the sum of our choices because there are always circumstances outside of our control that affect our daily lives.

Were Adam and Eve the sum of their choices? After all Adam said the woman God made him gave him the apple, right? Eve said the serpent deceived her, right?

How about Joseph? Was Joseph the sum of his choices? Wasn't he left for dead with nothing?

How about the servants in the parable of the talents? Were they the sum of their choices? Doesn't that parable describe the results of different choices?

Tell me where the Bible says circumstances matter? Because when I read the Bible I read that free will (i.e. choices) matters.
I won't get into Adam and Eve with you as you still seem to think from what you post that this is two separate beings when its not. Plus its not an apple ;) nor is that lil' serpent an actual snake. Besides it all works out so Adam can be driven from living in the garden of its own pleasures to the point where the Lord wants Adam- the human to be.

Since you want to bring up the heavenly host Joseph we can go there. Joseph is intelligent and given the knowledge from God to know enough that there would be famine upon the land. That knowledge Joseph possessed that was given by the spirit is why Pharaoh made him the governor. He knows to create storehouses for Egypt will not starve during the famine. As governor over the land of Egypt Joseph is able to make sure that the nation will not go hungry during the famines to come. In saving Egypt from famine he is also able to save his own family. In Canaan they did not have that luxury of having enough to eat because the brothers had already sold Joseph to the merchants-traffickers.

Talents, are you attempting to say since the poor has no money (by implication) a certain weight (and thence a coin or rather sum of money) or "talent") to begin with its fine and dandy to take away from them? Psalm 82:3 “Give justice to the poor (the afflicted, the weak, the destitute) and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute."

Circumstance? You just asked me about Joseph??? Joseph cried out for his brothers to help him did they? Did Joseph create those circumstances that caused his brothers to put him in a pit?

Does the land mourn when the wicked rule?

I won't get into Adam and Eve with you as you still seem to think from what you post that this is two separate beings when its not. Plus its not an apple ;) nor is that lil' serpent an actual snake. Besides it all works out so Adam can be driven from living in the garden of its own pleasures to the point where the Lord wants Adam- the human to be.

Since you want to bring up the heavenly host Joseph we can go there. Joseph is intelligent and given the knowledge from God to know enough that there would be famine upon the land. That knowledge Joseph possessed that was given by the spirit is why Pharaoh made him the governor. He knows to create storehouses for Egypt will not starve during the famine. As governor over the land of Egypt Joseph is able to make sure that the nation will not go hungry during the famines to come. In saving Egypt from famine he is also able to save his own family. In Canaan they did not have that luxury of having enough to eat because the brothers had already sold Joseph to the merchants-traffickers.

Talents, are you attempting to say since the poor has no money (by implication) a certain weight (and thence a coin or rather sum of money) or "talent") to begin with its fine and dandy to take away from them? Psalm 82:3 “Give justice to the poor (the afflicted, the weak, the destitute) and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute."

Circumstance? You just asked me about Joseph??? Joseph cried out for his brothers to help him did they? Did Joseph create those circumstances that caused his brothers to put him in a pit?

I am saying that we have control over our destiny.

I am saying that we have control over our destiny.
I suppose you may think that today but it may very well not be like what or the way you think it is.

Same as YOU...BOTH!
The answer is both. It is in the context of the OP and it most definitely applies to you as you ARE the one arguing FOR an external locus of control.
You are still too ambiguous. Show me specifically where I argued for an external locus of control. Quote me doing that.

Forum List

Back