is it asking too much that they only take one plane to the vineyard?

wtf? did she think the tide was going to go out and not come back?

this is just ridiculous

Michelle Obama and President Obama traveled to Martha’s Vineyard just hours apart, costing taxpayers thousands in additional expenses so she could have just a bit of extra vacation time.

Mrs. Obama and her daughters arrived just before 2 pm Thursday on a U.S. government jet, according to the Martha’s Vineyard Times, which got its information from the local airport. The first lady’s office has been silent on her travel. President Obama arrived in the evening along with the family dog Bo.

The extra costs related to Mrs. Obama’s solo trip mainly include the flight on a specially designed military aircraft she took instead of Air Force One, as well as any extra staff and Secret Service that had to be enlisted to go with her. She would also have had her own motorcade from the airport to her vacation residence.

Michelle’s Separate Travel Costs Taxpayers Thousands | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

what about her carbon footprint?

all in all, she's a pretty crappy first lady

Is this story even true? At this link, the picture at the beginning of the video clip has them all traveling together.

Obama Vacation in Martha's Vineyard Compared to Other Presidents - ABC News

But ABC, as posted earlier, also did not SAY they were traveling together, just that they were all going there. And the photos they have consistently used to illustrate both printed and video clips of stories show him alone--waving at the top of the steps to AF1 - him alone descending the steps; him alone waving from a balcony somewhere. They aren't showing him with Michelle and the girls. But I questioned the two planes thing earlier too when I couldn't find ANY mainstream media sources mentioning that. But none mentioned they traveled together either. So. . . .dunno.

Last edited:
Whether it's true or not, I don't think she's a pretty crappy first lady. I think she is a mom trying to give her daughters as normal a life as possible. And if that includes reducing their exposure to the spotlight and gladhanding that Obama goes through every time he travels somewhere, so be it.

Whether it's true or not, I don't think she's a pretty crappy first lady. I think she is a mom trying to give her daughters as normal a life as possible. And if that includes reducing their exposure to the spotlight and gladhanding that Obama goes through every time he travels somewhere, so be it.
It is true, they took seperate jets........FOX reported it, CNN reported it.

It's BS that the taxpayers are on the hook for her jet, and the extra secret service that was required because of her decision to go early........They could have just travelled together and saved this country a hell of a lot of money.

If they have any class, and any clue as to what is truly going on economically in this country, they damn sure should come out and state they will pay for her expenses out of their own pockets.......It's the right thing to do, and would send a message that they get it......Besides, they can definitely afford it.

Last edited:
Why didn't they just take that Multi-Million Dollar Taxpayer-Funded Bus? What are they gonna do with that now that his embarrassingly pathetic Bus Tour is over?

Why didn't they just take that Multi-Million Dollar Taxpayer-Funded Bus? What are they gonna do with that now that his embarrassingly pathetic Bus Tour is over?

Umm Martha's Vineyard is an island....

What to do with the bus?
I am sure Palin will put it to good use when she becomes president.

Reports are, that the Republican nominee will use it.

The SS had it specially built for that purpose, instead of retrofitting chartered buses over and over again through the years.

In the long run, it will save a lot of money through the years.

But, if Obama's going to use it, he at least could use it to go around and give speeches that actually involve substance and plans, instead of wasting tax payers dollars blaming every damn entity under the sun, and not himself, for his abject failings during his disastrous 2 1/2 years in office.

I doubt Ron Paul will be using The One's Multi-Million Dollar Taxpayer-Funded Bus. Nominee or not. Just my hunch anyway.

Last edited:
Reports are, that the Republican nominee will use it.

The SS had it specially built for that purpose, instead of retrofitting chartered buses over and over again through the years.

In the long run, it will save a lot of money through the years.

But, if Obama's going to use it, he at least could use it to go around and give speeches that actually involve substance and plans, instead of wasting tax payers dollars blaming every damn entity under the sun, and not himself, for his abject failings during his disastrous 2 1/2 years in office.

Sigh, yeah bama has no more balls than congress does.

Now if the SS got this for the Oman they wouldnt have needed a house rental on the island.

terrainwater.jpg

Let me do the thinking and i could save you people a fortune.

:eusa_angel:

I doubt Ron Paul will be using The One's Multi-Million Dollar Taxpayer-Funded Bus. Nominee or not. Just my hunch anyway.
Ron Paul will do whatever the secret service tells him to do, if he's the nominee......They are the ones who make those decisions.

Other way around. They'll do what he tells them to do. So i'll respectfully disagree with you on that one. Spending $Millions in Taxpayer Funds on a decked-out Bus is not their call.

Last edited:
we arent broke. educate yourself and stop listening to pundits.

then why did we need to raise the debt ceiling? :eusa_eh:

spending increased because of lost revenue due to the UE and tax cuts.

If we where broke then the military wouldnt be getting paid now would it..All forms of government would stop...

You people need to think before you speak.

Me too, we are so broke as a country but he has no problem pissing our money away!

that was the post that you responded to..now I don't know about you, but when you borrow half your yearly income to pay bills? and owe 5 times that to boot already? In my house, thats broke...

You people need to think before you speak.

yes, you certainly should.

Ron Paul will do whatever the secret service tells him to do, if he's the nominee......They are the ones who make those decisions.

Other way around. They'll do what he tells them to do. So i'll respectfully disagree with you on that one. Spending $Millions in Taxpayer Funds on a decked-out Bus is not their call.
No, once he becomes the nominee, they are fully charged with his protection on the campaign trail, and they will decide what bus he uses.

Besides, it saves tax payer dollars because they are not having to retrofit charters every election season.....And that is the reason the bus was built.

But then, he won't be the nominee so, it's pretty moot at this point to even discuss his use of the bus.

getting on air force one, after alighting from a motorcade from the WH then getting on the plane at Andrews requires no glad-handing......

These vacation days will make 70 total for Obama.

At this time in his presidency, Bush had already logged in 235 days.

Hmmm, who cost more?

Hmmm, who cost more?

where were those 'vacations'....as in 235?

Krauthammer said:

But choosing an exclusive enclave like the Vineyard after spending three days on the road railing against the rich and the wealthy and the millionaires and the billionaires and the corporate jet owners who vacation in exactly the same place, and then spending ten days in their company, speaks of a kind of dissidence or hypocrisy.

t/p HotAir

the optics of clearing brush are waaaaay different from the optics of hobnobbing with the creme de la creme of tax-me-more liberal millionaires. He might as well have gone to Aspen and done a photo op with Barbra Streisand of the two of them drinking thousand-dollar champagne.​

Hmmm, who cost more?
Most of Bush's time was spent at camp David or on his Ranch......Therefore, not requiring the taxpayers to foot the bill for fancy lodgings elsewhere........It's called taking fiscally responsible vacations during tough economic times.....Something the Obama's just don't seem to understand.

Seriously, why don't you damn lib's do some research before opening your craws?

It's not about the vacation......It's about the image he's projecting to those in this country who are struggling......And the fact that he's wasting boatloads of taxpayers money to go hobnob with the very people he demonizes, the very wealthy.........Only further proving that the Obama's are nothing more than typical liberal elitist scum.

But why even bother trying to explain it?.......You damn Obamabots are so friggin' ignorant, it's absolutely mind boggling that morons like you actually exist in this day and age.

Forum List

Back