is it asking too much that they only take one plane to the vineyard?

wtf? did she think the tide was going to go out and not come back?

this is just ridiculous

Michelle Obama and President Obama traveled to Martha’s Vineyard just hours apart, costing taxpayers thousands in additional expenses so she could have just a bit of extra vacation time.

Mrs. Obama and her daughters arrived just before 2 pm Thursday on a U.S. government jet, according to the Martha’s Vineyard Times, which got its information from the local airport. The first lady’s office has been silent on her travel. President Obama arrived in the evening along with the family dog Bo.

The extra costs related to Mrs. Obama’s solo trip mainly include the flight on a specially designed military aircraft she took instead of Air Force One, as well as any extra staff and Secret Service that had to be enlisted to go with her. She would also have had her own motorcade from the airport to her vacation residence.

Michelle’s Separate Travel Costs Taxpayers Thousands | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

what about her carbon footprint?

all in all, she's a pretty crappy first lady

Ive seen their travel crap up close and personal.....its far far worse then you possibly imagine.

Its beyond discussing.

whatever, dude. google it if you want

"bottle of hate" :rofl:

The bottle of hate pairs well with fresh fish and seafood... Not so much with red meat and poultry....

:lol:

it's a meretricious little hate with a big finish

the nose is full bodied with just a hint of anger

Yes, that comes from the wood in the aging barrels built by angry old Italian men...

Good catch on that...:thup:

The bottle of hate pairs well with fresh fish and seafood... Not so much with red meat and poultry....

:lol:

Yes, that comes from the wood in the aging barrels built by angry old Italian men...

wine spectator gave it an 88-but said it'd be even more enraged if you lay it down for 10 years

i'm not sure i have the willpower

wine spectator gave it an 88-but said it'd be even more enraged if you lay it down for 10 years

I hear you, but you just can't rush a good bottle of hate...

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I hear you, but you just can't rush a good bottle of hate...

Time to stop the hate crap. It is getting us nowhere but downhill.

At least barry got some golf in today...

It's so rare he finds the time to practice his putts...

To get this thread back on track re the Obamas vacation, I think it appropriate to post this gleaning from tonight's e-mail briefing. This on is re that golf game:

These new golf rules will be in effect beginning September of 2011. Please share with fellow golfers.

President BHO has recently appointed a Golf Czar and major rule changes in the game of golf will become effective September 1, 2011. This is only a preview as the complete rule book (expect 2000 pages) is being rewritten as we speak.

Here are a few of the changes.

Golfers with handicaps:
- below 10 will have their green fees increased by 35%.
- between 11 and 18 will see no increase in green fees.
- above 18 will get a $20 check each time they play.

The term "gimmie" will be changed to "entitlement" and will be used as follows:
- handicaps below 10, no entitlements.
- handicaps from 11 to 17, entitlements for putter length putts.
- handicaps above 18, if your ball is on green, no need to putt, just pick it up.

These entitlements are intended to bring about fairness and, most importantly, equality in scoring.

In addition, a Player will be limited to a maximum of one birdie or six pars in any given 18-hole round. Any excess must be given to those fellow players who have not yet scored a birdie or par. Only after all players have received a birdie or par from the player actually making the birdie or par, can that player begin to count his pars and birdies again.

The current USGA handicap system will be used for the above purposes, but the term "net score" will be available only for scoring those players with handicaps of 18 and above. This is intended to "re-distribute" the success of winning by making sure that in every competition, the above 18 handicap players will post only "net score" against every other player's "gross score".

These new Rules are intended to CHANGE the game of golf. Golf must be about fairness and it is only that the highest ranking golfers don't take on a few more strokes than everybody else.

Forum List

Back