is it asking too much that they only take one plane to the vineyard?

wtf? did she think the tide was going to go out and not come back?

this is just ridiculous

Michelle Obama and President Obama traveled to Martha’s Vineyard just hours apart, costing taxpayers thousands in additional expenses so she could have just a bit of extra vacation time.

Mrs. Obama and her daughters arrived just before 2 pm Thursday on a U.S. government jet, according to the Martha’s Vineyard Times, which got its information from the local airport. The first lady’s office has been silent on her travel. President Obama arrived in the evening along with the family dog Bo.

The extra costs related to Mrs. Obama’s solo trip mainly include the flight on a specially designed military aircraft she took instead of Air Force One, as well as any extra staff and Secret Service that had to be enlisted to go with her. She would also have had her own motorcade from the airport to her vacation residence.

Michelle’s Separate Travel Costs Taxpayers Thousands | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

what about her carbon footprint?

all in all, she's a pretty crappy first lady

I don't really begrudge the flight, but do the hypocrisy of his nonsense on green this and that, along with punishing corporate jets with taxes. That pisses me off.

I wonder, are they all going vegan on vacation? No sweets, salt, etc?

I don't know but did GW only take one plane to the ranch in Texas?

This is such a silly thread!

this is just ridiculous

Michelle Obama and President Obama traveled to Martha’s Vineyard just hours apart, costing taxpayers thousands in additional expenses so she could have just a bit of extra vacation time.

Mrs. Obama and her daughters arrived just before 2 pm Thursday on a U.S. government jet, according to the Martha’s Vineyard Times, which got its information from the local airport. The first lady’s office has been silent on her travel. President Obama arrived in the evening along with the family dog Bo.

The extra costs related to Mrs. Obama’s solo trip mainly include the flight on a specially designed military aircraft she took instead of Air Force One, as well as any extra staff and Secret Service that had to be enlisted to go with her. She would also have had her own motorcade from the airport to her vacation residence.

Michelle’s Separate Travel Costs Taxpayers Thousands | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

"so she could have just a bit of EXTRA vacation time"

WTF does she need EXTRA vacation time for?

Christ, she's been on vacation going on three years now.

I guess she must still be exhausted from tossing all those poor patients out in the streets a few years back.

Fuckin' bitch!:evil:

this is just ridiculous

I don't really begrudge the flight, but do the hypocrisy of his nonsense on green this and that, along with punishing corporate jets with taxes. That pisses me off.

I wonder, are they all going vegan on vacation? No sweets, salt, etc?

the first lady will no longer be sharing details of her menus if she can help it.....:lol:

I didn’t take a vacation this year. I stayed at home for a week and a half. Going ‘home’ as if say, he went to Chicago imho doesn’t count as a ‘vacation’.

Imho a vacation is when you go to place where in you stay somewhere other than home or your official domicile, do and see things not available at your home or official residence etc….

In addition ( and I have made this point before) , I don’t count camp david as a vacation really, the place is a mini WH, close to DC etc…

and I don't think it is to much to ask that she wait a day and a half for hubbie...*shrugs*

this is just ridiculous

There is no extra costs. The Air Force flies daily hops. I rode on them many times for free in the Army. I rode USAF planes mostly.
TYPICAL NEGGROID RESPONSE !!ASK A BLACK MAN NOT TO RIDE IN STYLE!!!YEAH RIGHT!!:razz::razz::cool::cool:

Well, they said Obama spent his first day of vacation golfing and going to a bookstore.

Hope he picked up a copy of, "Ecomonics For Dummies".

'cause he kinda needs that about now.

So, Obama had to travel with the dog.......Wonder if he's actually "in the dog house" with his ol' lady.

It begs the question:

WTF is that obviously miserable bitch pissed off about THIS TIME?

this is just ridiculous

Is this story even true? At this link, the picture at the beginning of the video clip has them all traveling together.

Obama Vacation in Martha's Vineyard Compared to Other Presidents - ABC News

Forum List

Back